PDA

View Full Version : Attention on deck

Bad Water Bill
10-28-2014, 02:45 PM
I was cleaning out a lot of stuff and found this.

.............................................WHAT IS A SAILOR........................................

After the security of childhood and in the insecurity of a second childhood,you will find a good Joe called a SAILOR.

Mothers tolerate them,girls love them and THE UNITED STATES supports them.
A sailor is happy with a deck of cards,a joke book,and the latest copy of Playboy.
He wears a big grin and is the protector of AMERICA.
Sailors are found everywhere,on ships,on leave,in bars,in love and even in debt.
Sailors come indifferent sizes,weights and states of sobriety.
They have the energy of a turtle,the slyness of a fox and the appetite of an elephant.
When he wants something its either a kiss or a week end pass.
He likes women,girls and the opposite sex.
He dislikes to get up in the mourning,writing letters,waiting in chow lines,marines and his uniform.
No one can write so seldom yet think of you so often.
No one can get so much fun out of civilian clothes,reading letters and smoking cigarettes.
No one can get so much STUFF in one pocket.
A little book,a deck of cards,a letter from his girl and seventy five cents,all in pennies.
A sailor is a magic creature,you can lock him out of your house,but you can not lock him out of your heart.
You can cross him off of your mailing list but you can not cross him off of your mind.
You might as well give up.
He is your long distance joy,your one and only bundle of joy.
But all of your shattered dreams seem insignificant when he comes home and says those magic words "HI FOLKS".

Sent to me in 1958 by a career retired W4 thru my mom.

HOPE YOU ENJOY.

Mk42gunner
10-28-2014, 03:12 PM
Thanks for posting that. It definitely brought a smile to this retired sailor's face.

Robert

Blacksmith
10-29-2014, 11:54 PM
Thanks Bill my grandson just graduated Great Lakes NTC so he is officially now a SAILOR, he is at tech school in Florida now, so I will be sharing this with him and the rest of the family.

Alstep
10-30-2014, 12:03 AM
That's a classic! Even this old jarhead can appreciate it.

triggerhappy243
10-30-2014, 12:07 AM
Frame it........... If it is not already framed.

Bad Water Bill
10-30-2014, 12:31 AM
Thanks Bill my grandson just graduated Great Lakes NTC so he is officially now a SAILOR, he is at tech school in Florida now, so I will be sharing this with him and the rest of the family.

Now your grand son will learn the true meaning of paying attention.

IN AE school the instructor said he would teach us math from 1+1=2 thru calculus and he did that in only 5 days from noon till 1600.