PDA

View Full Version : Extended magazines for the Axis

Jack Stanley
10-27-2014, 07:03 PM
A couple months ago I took the dive and bought a ten round magazine for my Axis from snydermags.com . I was well put together but it didn't seem to like my RCBS cast bullets going through it . So after trying some full metal jacket stuff and that not working I called them up . They replaced it without a problem but I had the same problem . Well it turns out that even though it works fine with the Savage stocks , it didn't want to work with my Boyd's laminated stock :cry: Bummer and I was soooo hoping it would work . After fooling with the stock a little I did get it to feed the Lyman design 225462 .

Tom at Snyder mags wanted all types of bullets to feed and not just one or two types . So to their credit they refunded my money plus shipping . After getting the old magazine back they Tom thought maybe a little more modification would make it work but he doesn't have a Boyd's stock .

Double thumbs up on this company , they made me happy to deal with them even though my Boyd's stock wouldn't let it work .

Jack

Moonie
10-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Bummer, short cartridges only, guess I'm out of luck for a 10 rounder for my 30-06 lol.

Jack Stanley
10-28-2014, 04:33 PM
They make them for .308 too .

Jack

Moonie
10-29-2014, 09:36 AM
Sorry, yes they do, but I do consider the 308 to be a short (less than full length ie. 8x57, 30-06, etc) cartridge.