PDA

View Full Version : Strange e mail

GOPHER SLAYER
10-26-2014, 03:27 PM
This morning I received an e-mail from someone named Dennis saying he had not received a package from me. I don't remember selling something to anyone by that name. If it came from someone on this sight would he please raise his hand.

waksupi
10-26-2014, 03:34 PM
It could be a phishing scam. Don't bite, unless someone speaks up.

BrassMagnet
10-26-2014, 03:48 PM
I have found that emails from Cast Boolits members which have been sent through the Cast Boolits website have a first sentence like this which identifies the user name and that it came from the Cast Boolits site:

This is a message from BrassMagnet at Cast Boolits (http://castboolits/gunloads.com/forum.php). The Cast Boolits owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

It will then give you a link to email them through Cast Boolits and another link to email them direct.

If these three links are not in the email it gets very simple:
Either you sent them your email address in a PM or it is a scam.
Be careful, if you reply and it is a scam, your family and friends will likely be receiving emails indicating you want them to buy products or visit dangerous websites.

GOPHER SLAYER
10-26-2014, 04:18 PM
I haven't opened the e-mail and I don't know anyone named Dennis.

BrassMagnet
10-26-2014, 04:59 PM
If it was from me via Cast Boolits, the "From" should say "BrassMagnet - Cast Boolits"

Does that help?

GOPHER SLAYER
10-26-2014, 06:04 PM
No Brass Magnet, it wasn't from you. Your name isn't Dennis. The e-mail had the name and e-mail address. I just have no idea who it could be. I have mailed some packages lately but to no one by that name. I am sure it was a scam. I deleted it.

BrassMagnet
10-26-2014, 10:43 PM
No Brass Magnet, it wasn't from you. Your name isn't Dennis. The e-mail had the name and e-mail address. I just have no idea who it could be. I have mailed some packages lately but to no one by that name. I am sure it was a scam. I deleted it.

That was an example of how it should look!
Not a request for another box.
I have so many of those in the mail that Mrs. Brass is about to pull my network cable!
I even had UPS arrive while I was unloading the mail truck.
Uh Oh! That was trouble!

winchester85
10-27-2014, 11:42 AM
google the email address. sometimes they show up as known scams.

freebullet
10-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Brass magnet said- "Mrs brass about to pull my network cable."

I believe she has been trapped, surrounded by boxes for some time now.

GOPHER SLAYER
10-27-2014, 12:19 PM
It does not pay to tick off Little Mama. A few years ago my wife who is your average neat freak became concerned because my computer was dusty, so while vacuuming my room she thought she would do me a favor and vacuum my CRT. It was one of the old style monitors. Well it turned the screen various shades of purple and it couldn't be salvaged. I never said a word. It just doesn't pay. You will loose.