PDA

View Full Version : China taking Over?????????????????????

jcwit
10-25-2014, 10:08 PM
There's a bright spot every now and then.

Whirlpool now majority owner of Chinese company By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email (newscenter16@wndu.com?subject=RE:Whirlpool now majority owner of Chinese company&body=http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Whirlpool-now-majority-owner-of-Chinese-company-280432222.html)
Posted: Sat 9:38 PM, Oct 25, 2014

By: NewsCenter 16 Staff Email (newscenter16@wndu.com?subject=RE:Whirlpool now majority owner of Chinese company&body=http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Whirlpool-now-majority-owner-of-Chinese-company-280432222.html)

Home (http://www.wndu.com/home)
/ Headlines List (http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines)
/ Article

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/Whirlpool8.jpg (http://media.graytvinc.com/images/Whirlpool8.jpg)
A deal that makes Whirlpool the majority owner of a major Chinese companyhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Whirlpool-now-majority-owner-of-Chinese-company-280432222.html#) is complete.
According to our reporting partners at WSJM, the Whirlpool Co. now has 51 percent ownership in Sanyo.
The company will be renamed Whirlpool Chinahttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/icon1.png (http://www.wndu.com/home/headlines/Whirlpool-now-majority-owner-of-Chinese-company-280432222.html#) Co. Limited.
The company currently has 30,000 stores throughout china.
Whirlpool is already the largest home appliance maker in the world

popper
10-25-2014, 10:35 PM
Sanyo used to make good stuff, lost out on the market. Just wait till you get chicken breed in the US, raised/fed on a boat to china, packaged in china and sold as US made; Smith sold to china. A lot of WM veggies already come from china.

jcwit
10-25-2014, 11:02 PM
Sanyo used to make good stuff, lost out on the market. Just wait till you get chicken breed in the US, raised/fed on a boat to china, packaged in china and sold as US made; Smith sold to china. A lot of WM veggies already come from china.

As far as the chickens go, no Chinese chickens for me, here where I live the chicken & duck farms are going up weekly as are the egg farms.

The egg farms are for fresh eggs, the chickens are turned over every few weeks and are sold as fryers. Big business here.

BrassMagnet
10-26-2014, 07:42 AM
My understanding is if it is 10% American sourced food, it can be labeled "Product of USA."

So How many companies do you think do this?
I am told some of the larger long term food storage places do this.

jcwit
10-26-2014, 08:12 AM
My understanding is if it is 10% American sourced food, it can be labeled "Product of USA."

So How many companies do you think do this?
I am told some of the larger long term food storage places do this.

I am 'told' many things, doesn't mean they are true or hold any validity.

How bout getting this back on topic about an American Co. Buying out controlling interest of a Chinese company.

dragon813gt
10-26-2014, 08:49 AM
How long until the Chinese government prevents this type of thing from happening?

BrassMagnet
10-26-2014, 08:49 AM
I am 'told' many things, doesn't mean they are true or hold any validity.

How bout getting this back on topic about an American Co. Buying out controlling interest of a Chinese company.

What makes you so sure we are off topic?
China has a tradition of absorbing and conquering the conqueror. So who controls who?
This just might end with Whirlpool China Co Ltd wagging the rest of Whirlpool and building all of the Whirlpool appliances and therefor controlling the majority of the world appliance market.
There may be more going on than appears on the surface. Maybe Whirlpool China Co Ltd will gain a lot of new technology and become a better cash cow for China. Could this give China even more economic might? Kind of like the US had in 1941?

Now for some related pearls to think on:
How many tanks did Germany produce for WWII and how?
How many tanks did we produce and how?
How many tanks did Russia produce and how?
How did the majority of British products get built?
How did the majority of US products get built?
How did the different techniques affect ramping up production when more of a product was needed?
Hint: We could double, triple, quadruple, etc. our production if the basic resources were available and the British could not.
Hint: Our last nine months of tank production exceeded the German tank production from 1936 to 1945.
Hint: Russia's last nine months of tank production exceeded the German tank production from 1936 to 1945.
Read the "Fleet that God forgot."
Research US Navy strength and Merchant Marine strength on 12/7/41, research how many naval and merchant marine vessels were built during the war, and research ending strength.
As one Russian General once stated, "Numbers have a quality all of their own!"

cbrick
10-26-2014, 09:23 AM
How long before Whirlpool packs up and moves the U.S. offices to China and it's then a 100% Chinese company? How much of Whirlpool's products are already produced in China? Right now today?

Rick

Garyshome
10-26-2014, 09:54 AM
"How much of Whirlpool's products are already produced in China? Right now today?"
Good question!

jcwit
10-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Yup, things are so bad everyone needs to remember to save the last bullet for themselves.

No, I do not support our current administration either.
I truly hope we take back the Senate this election, but for me personally its more or less a mote point.

cbrick
10-26-2014, 10:30 AM
I truly hope we take back the Senate this election, but for me personally its more or less a mote point.

Just a couple of days in one of obummers extremely rare and brief momements of honesty he stated - "I am not on the ballot but my policies are".

Why would the Senate be mute point for you?

Rick

BrassMagnet
10-26-2014, 10:31 AM
Yup, things are so bad everyone needs to remember to save the last bullet for themselves.

This is not what I was referring to!
I have stated in another thread that a small businessman thinks America first in how he runs his business while a multinational business CEO thinks profit first in how he runs his business. I have no clue who the Whirlpool CEO is, but I seriously doubt he has ever considered if one of his management decisions is "good for America!"

jcwit
10-26-2014, 10:37 AM
Why would the Senate be mute point for you?

Rick

I'm at the point in my life where there is little to nothing that will effect ME PERSONALLY.

Likely will effect my kids and grandkids tho.

jcwit
10-26-2014, 10:39 AM
This is not what I was referring to!
I have stated in another thread that a small businessman thinks America first in how he runs his business while a multinational business CEO thinks profit first in how he runs his business. I have no clue who the Whirlpool CEO is, but I seriously doubt he has ever considered if one of his management decisions is "good for America!"

Purely an assumption on your part.

Plus a negative view at best.

Another reason we are in the shape we are in.

dg31872
10-26-2014, 10:57 AM
May be a tax reason. Last summer Burger King bought a smaller company in Canada simply so they could move their headquarters to an lower tax country. The current admin is bleeding corporations dry. We have the highest corporate taxes in the world.
I think the question should be why would they stay?

BrassMagnet
10-26-2014, 11:00 AM
Purely an assumption on your part.

Plus a negative view at best.

Another reason we are in the shape we are in.

Assumptions which appear to be borne out by facts are frequently rather good assumptions. This is why our military plans based on what it believes enemy capabilities are rather than what the enemy says it plans.
If you read the writings of various Chinese Generals, they always consider the United States to be the enemy they will go to war with. Some of them have even discussed plans to depopulate the United States with a bioweapon so they can "re-settle the US with good Chinese peasants."
I wouldn't even consider a joint venture with such a bunch as it might improve their chances of carrying out such a plan.
I don't believe we end up in the shape we are in by considering different actions and gaming out the possibilities and long term impact of them. I believe we are in the shape we are in because far too many have merely considered the short term benefits of any action.
Lenin stated, "The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them."

jcwit
10-26-2014, 11:05 AM
May be a tax reason. Last summer Burger King bought a smaller company in Canada simply so they could move their headquarters to an lower tax country. The current admin is bleeding corporations dry. We have the highest corporate taxes in the world.

They have said nothing about leaving, only the fact they have now acquired controlling interest of a Chinese company.

jcwit
10-26-2014, 11:08 AM
If you read the writings of various Chinese Generals, they always consider the United States to be the enemy they will go to war with. Some of them have even discussed plans to depopulate the United States with a bioweapon so they can "re-settle the US with good Chinese peasants."

Something like we and the Brits did with the Indians????????????????

BrassMagnet
10-26-2014, 11:10 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by dg31872 http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=2982778#post2982778) May be a tax reason. Last summer Burger King bought a smaller company in Canada simply so they could move their headquarters to an lower tax country. The current admin is bleeding corporations dry. We have the highest corporate taxes in the world.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by jcwit http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?p=2982778#post2982778)

They have said nothing about leaving, only the fact they have now acquired controlling interest of a Chinese company.

BrassMagnet says:

Based on what they do rather than what they say they will do.

Pb2au
10-26-2014, 11:12 AM
How long before Whirlpool packs up and moves the U.S. offices to China and it's then a 100% Chinese company? How much of Whirlpool's products are already produced in China? Right now today?

Rick

i can't answer that question completely, but I will try to add some info.
the company I work for is a machine tool supplier to Whirlpool. They have plants and facilities all of the planet. It is interesting that they finally bought interest in Sanyo, as they were direct competitors.
In north and South America, whirlpool has many facilities producing goods for that local market and for export. So for my view, the plants try to support a region.
ive seen the production numbers for some of the plants here in the States, in Mexico, and in Brazil and the numbers are staggering.
i don't have have any information on the production numbers in China, so I cannot add value there. As for moving to China, I would doubt it. China is a tough place to do business in, what with the corruption and crime, it is incredibly costly to do business there. Same thing for Mexico, the corruption is very high, so the cost of doing business is quite high, not to mention quality issues and warranty work sky rockets.
Typically American companies use situations like this as an inroad to a market. They get in, make the money and get out. It has little to do with cheap labor, as in the end it is never really that cheap.

jcwit
10-26-2014, 11:13 AM
We still live in the greatest country in the world IMO anyway. Even with all the negative posts here, name me one other country with living conditions like we have, even our poor are fairly well off, plus the freedoms we have.

Better yet name me one country you would rather live/move to. Being as things are so bad here.

jcwit
10-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Based on what they do rather than what they say they will do.

They haven't said anything about doing anything.

quilbilly
10-26-2014, 12:40 PM
We can't make things in the USA anymore. Making much of anything leaves too high a carbon footprint and the EPA will put you out of business eventually unless you move the manufacturing to another country. That is the way the greenies and Bill Gates want it (Bill gates and his father make no secret about how much they love the way the Chinese Communists do things while keeping the ruling class on top).

starmac
10-26-2014, 03:25 PM
You guys are missing the point, it is all about labels. The labels will get bigger, as in made in chinese but by an American company. The new enlarged labels will be made in America, with American labor, thus supplying American jobs.

cbrick
10-26-2014, 05:33 PM
We still live in the greatest country in the world IMO anyway. Even with all the negative posts here, name me one other country with living conditions like we have, even our poor are fairly well off, plus the freedoms we have.

Things keep on as they are right now and you won't be able to truthfully say that much longer.

Better yet name me one country you would rather live/move to. Being as things are so bad here.

Move to? I would much rather fix this one.

Rick

jcwit
10-26-2014, 06:11 PM
Things keep on as they are right now and you won't be able to truthfully say that much longer.

Rick

Lord Willing, I will vote in a little over a week.

Other than that, it is what it is.

As far as fixing it, you got your work cut out for you, especially from out there on the west coast.

cbrick
10-26-2014, 06:55 PM
Lord Willing, I will vote in a little over a week.

Other than that, it is what it is.

As far as fixing it, you got your work cut out for you, especially from out there on the west coast.

I already voted last Wed. :mrgreen: Didn't want to take the chance that I'd die in a flaming car crash or something and not get to vote.

What's on the west coast?

Rick

jcwit
10-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Wait, I see you're a fugitive from the far west.

Sorry, I missed that.

cbrick
10-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Not fugitive, escapee. Still took two years out of CA to stop the DMV from automatically grabbing money right out of my bank account. Two years in a row when they assumed the plate fees were late they reached right out and took it even though both this state and me notified them the vehicles were registered here now and one of them I didn't even own anymore. And that's one of their smallest flaws.

Yep, escaped is the right word I and moved back to America.

Rick

jcwit
10-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Welcome Home!

MaryB
10-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Until GE announces factory closings in the USA we are all guessing. But shipping appliances is tricky and shipping them via container ship is likely going to result in a lot of dents and damage instead of shipping from US factories. Add in poor quality control from Chinese plant managers who will change what they think is over design to save 5 cents and make the product weaker and more damage prone...

big bore 99
10-26-2014, 10:37 PM
Had my own tool and die business for about 25 years and closed it down a couple years ago. Couldn't hold it together anymore. For awhile I was very busy making parts for a middle man that sold them to China. That went on for a few years and finally the bottom dropped out. China had enough parts so they reverse engineered everything and started building them there. I found out they have regulations forbidding the importing of anything that can be made there. They sure want to dump their products on us though. If China doesn't ruin you, the EPA or corp. taxes will. Anyway, I'm retired now, but worry a lot about the next generations.