PDA

View Full Version : Found out I'm going to be a dad..

43PU
10-24-2014, 05:25 PM
My wife just told me to be expecting baby number 1... Is it normal to be scared speechless?

43pu

nagantguy
10-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Yep 100% within spec. Good for you! Great news, its all about on the job training. Remember if its a girl she will compare every man to you for life, if its a boy he will learn from you how to treat the ladies in his life. No pressure. God bless you and your growing family.

TRM
10-24-2014, 05:31 PM
Thank God you are truly blessed

Multigunner
10-24-2014, 05:36 PM
Congratulations. Blessings on you and yours.

Iron Whittler
10-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Congratulations Being pop is what you make of it. Scared? You'll forget about that when you hold your first born(boy or girl won't matter). Just love and care for your Mrs. and children, the rest can be seen about as you go and learn. Best wishes to you and the MRS. Bare with Her as she will need the support.

43PU
10-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks friends I'm currently about 25 foot in a big red oak elk hunting in Harlan Ky and my wife Ashley sent me a picture of a pee stick and she said you better get one because soon you will be supporting 3 instead of 2

MrWolf
10-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Congratulations! Scared is normal and if you do it right it us one of the greatest gifts you will ever receive.

mozeppa
10-24-2014, 06:36 PM
and should you think your not doing the job right....you aren't!!

there is NO handbook!:bigsmyl2:

Bzcraig
10-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Yep 100% within spec. Good for you! Great news, its all about on the job training. Remember if its a girl she will compare every man to you for life, if its a boy he will learn from you how to treat the ladies in his life. No pressure. God bless you and your growing family.

This is solid counsel! And it's very true !

**oneshot**
10-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Congrads!!! You'll be scared and so will she, right up until the baby is born. Thats when you'll look back and wonder why the heck you bought all that stuff. Don't open it until you need it. You can return it and buy more diapers. Trust me on that one.

RED333
10-24-2014, 07:18 PM
Congrats, my 1st is now 24, man time flies.
If you think it is scary now, wait till the first dirty diaper.LOL
There are many more scares to come, school, driving, dating and so on.
Yall will be fine.

jonp
10-24-2014, 07:25 PM
My wife just told me to be expecting baby number 1... Is it normal to be scared speechless?

43pu

Holy Cow! I know I would be. I've never wanted or had kids as I lack the "gene" I guess but Congratulations on that[smilie=p:

dragon813gt
10-24-2014, 07:44 PM
Congrats, I had my first in June. I wasn't scared but understand why some would be. It didn't hit me until I was holding him against my chest in the nursery. That's when I broke down. It's been a great experience so enjoy all of it. Plan on having no free time after the child is born :)

jsizemore
10-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Nothings perfect and kids adapt. Have fun.

starmac
10-24-2014, 08:32 PM
Guys either git a big grin or run when they are first told that, since you didn't run, I expect all will be all right. lol

rockrat
10-24-2014, 08:50 PM
Yep, no handbook, just try your best and love them no matter what.

Mine came along late in life. Thought I would miss out on Fatherhood, but let me tell you, wouldn't trade the experience for anything.

Bloodman14
10-24-2014, 11:48 PM
Scared speechless? Ya think? Yeah, that's normal, but from this point on, normal is out the window! The adventure begins!

TXGunNut
10-24-2014, 11:52 PM
Thanks friends I'm currently about 25 foot in a big red oak elk hunting in Harlan Ky and my wife Ashley sent me a picture of a pee stick and she said you better get one because soon you will be supporting 3 instead of 2

Congrats and best wishes for your expanding family. How'd the rest of the hunt go? lol

101VooDoo
10-24-2014, 11:59 PM
Congrats -

nhrifle
10-24-2014, 11:59 PM
You will be fine. The fear will subside and in a few months you will be holding a small, fragile human being that wouldn't be here without you and is completely dependent upon you. Nope, no pressure at all! A new life is the greatest gift from above. Give your wife all the support you can muster, she will be needing it in the next few months. Congratulations!!!!!

nhrifle
10-25-2014, 12:01 AM
By the way -- did ya get anything?

Got-R-Did
10-25-2014, 01:02 AM
It will be fine. While it may never get easier, you will get better at it.
We were blessed late in life with our one and only. She just turned 18 and it has been a blur. She spent 5 days in Neo-natal ICU before coming home the first time. Her life hung by a tenuous thread the first 3 days, and that was when I was truly scared. When the Doctors woke us in the middle of the night to share with us that she had turned the corner and gaining strength, I was at my physical and emotional limit. The Doc held onto me and I cried on his shoulder. I can still feel it today.
Got-R-Did.

shoot-n-lead
10-25-2014, 01:33 AM
Congratulations!

This will be the biggest blessing of your life. Remember, spend all of the time that you can with her/him...cause ya' can't go back later and redo it...it is a one shot deal.

Springfield
10-25-2014, 01:48 AM
We had our first when I was 45. Now we have 2, and they are the reason I work from my home, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Ignore all the cool fads on how to raise kids and just do what you know is right and you will do fine. The one rule I have to remind my wife about is, when you get mad at them and have to punish them in any way, make sure you are doing it for their good and not to just make you feel better.

Outer Rondacker
10-25-2014, 07:47 AM
Congratulations! If you think your scared now just wait until your in the car on the way to the hospital. And yes scared is a good thing.

WILCO
10-25-2014, 07:53 AM

43pu

Congrats! You're in for one heck of a ride.

smokeywolf
10-25-2014, 08:40 AM
If you're a good dad, you'll be a little scared and always second guessing yourself until he or she gets well into adulthood. Start teaching math and reading as soon as he or she can talk; keep it light, fun and interesting. It's dog-gone hard to do these days, but if you can manage it, mom or dad stays home. No one loves your child like you do.

Much congrats.

smokeywolf

srtolly
10-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Congrats! Scared isn't a bad thing. I was blessed with five kids and started young. Just follow your instincts and all will be good.

All grown now (oldest is
31, youngest is 25). Grandkids are wonderful.

May God bless you and your family.

I have to agree with smokeywolf, parents need to be with the kids as much as possible. My wife and I worked different shifts so one of us would be home as much as possible.

Wasalmonslayer
10-25-2014, 09:42 AM
Congratulations!
It can be scary at first but when you hold em the first time you will forget it all.
Just love em like there's no tomorrow and teach em all you can. Spend all the time you can with em. They grow like cheat grass!

monadnock#5
10-25-2014, 10:02 AM
If you have sense enough to be a little scared, you'll do fine. Congratulations by the way. If she chooses to go with natural child birth, do pay attention in class. Your contributions will not go unnoticed or unremarked upon.

43PU
10-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Yeah I'm getting over the shock of finding out and now I'm getting REALLY excited I thanked The Lord all night for his trust in me to bring a child in the world.....

as as for the hunt, we are in reclaimed stripped mine land we have seen elk everyday but where it is archery only we haven't been able to close the gap until this morning. My buddy got a 35 yard shot down hill quartering away and got "elk fever" and shot a foot high!! The nice thing about these Ky elk are they ain't that skid dish yet but we will get her we have been scouting for 2 days now..... If only I could cast my own broadhead.....

schutzen
10-25-2014, 12:57 PM
You got a keeper there, son. Life is going to get a lot better for the three of you!

jumbeaux
10-25-2014, 03:38 PM
Congratulations sir...our one and only is 31 now...he is still the pride of our life...although his two children are pretty darn close...nothing on this earth like being a dad & a grandpa (Popa)...

rick

Gator 45/70
10-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Congradulations !!!

Geppetto
10-25-2014, 04:01 PM
Congrats, my wife and I are on our 1st, 6 months old now.

Just remember that:

1) take advice into consideration, and then figure out what works best for you and your family.

2) There are no laws that say you have to do every single ultrasound, mri, genetic test, etc. known to man. Especially if the docs can't give you a sound reason. That stuff gets expensive and time consuming.

3) You don't need every baby doohicky invented. Start small, and pick up stuff as you decide it is necessary.

4) Enjoy it, it goes fast, even from month 1 to 6.

Greg

mold maker
10-25-2014, 04:37 PM
Today is the BD of my youngest (48), and I remember well the day I found out about each one. It is indeed a gift from above to be trusted with His children.
Follow your heart, and raise them to be the person you wish you could be.
There is a life time of joy to follow.

Moonie
10-27-2014, 12:53 PM

43pu

Found out on my 19'th birthday, yes, scared to death is normal.

I now have 8 of them from 12 to 27, can't imagine not having any in the house. You are at the beginning of a wonderful adventure. And yes, grandkids are even better, I have 8 of those, with 1 more due in November and 1 more due in April.