PDA

View Full Version : Cast Pics Error???

ShooterAZ
10-24-2014, 11:11 AM
It's broken. Anyone else getting this? I'm in the load data look-up section. Can someone please fix it? Thanks.

Failed to connect to sundog5_LoadData at mysql1.hostica.com. Error: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

Maven
10-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Got the same message you did, Shooter AZ.

2wheelDuke
10-24-2014, 12:38 PM
I got the same error. I've already asked Wiljen about it. He's aware of the issue and plans to fix it. I think other obligations like a day job and a family are in the way right now.

ShooterAZ
10-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Thats too bad. I find it to be quite useful.

waksupi
10-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Works for me.

ShooterAZ
10-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Works for me.

??? I can access cast pics, but not the load data lookup section. You can access that one?

wcp4570
10-24-2014, 05:27 PM
I just checked the load data lookup and got the same error that everyone else is getting. There is a broken link between the search page and the database and until this link is corrected it will never work.

wcp

fryboy
10-24-2014, 09:00 PM
Works for me.

make it easy on us umm tech challenged folks amigo ! care to share your working link ? ( pretty please ? )

ShooterAZ
10-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Ummmm...Castpics needs your help???

JWFilips
10-24-2014, 09:14 PM
Old News: The "Load look up data base" has been down since the middle of May2014! No one can access it! It is not working.
Wiljen is working on an upgrade but for now It ain't going to happen!

MT Gianni
10-24-2014, 11:48 PM
make it easy on us umm tech challenged folks amigo ! care to share your working link ? ( pretty please ? )
Just click on the icon at the bottom of the page.

fryboy
10-25-2014, 08:21 AM
umm amigo ? there's no current icon on the bottom of this page to cast pics ( i could take a screen shot and show you but i know the icon you refer to ,it's on my home page ) and like many the data section doesnt work for me ,as JW posted above it hasnt worked for many of us for sometime ( i knew that before he posted it in fact ) and to be honest i was trying to rib ric a wee bit , in part for a grin and in part with high hopes ( with no expectations ) and i can admit it , i can only hope that my previous comment didnt add to anyone's frustration as that wasnt intended , but from a fresh log in to cast pics in a load data look up i still get this
"Failed to connect to sundog5_LoadData at mysql1.hostica.com. Error: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file "

and i'm not geeky enough to work around that ,and believe you me i have tried

ShooterAZ
10-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Yep, apparently old news. It seems as if Moderator Emeritus are only ones who can have access. I have access to Cast Pics, but not to the load data look-up section. Oh well...will consider this next Cast Pics fund drive.

waksupi
10-25-2014, 06:24 PM
??? I can access cast pics, but not the load data lookup section. You can access that one?

I see the problem now, I just didn't try entering a load, and me, being me, I ignored the stuff in red.

I was going to put it all down to clean living, and being extremely personable.

ShooterAZ
10-25-2014, 06:57 PM
While being clean living, and and extremely personable, and very handsome, I would one up some $$$ if you guys get this fixed.

Ajax
10-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Ummmm...Castpics needs your help???

Mighty nice of ya.

Andy