PDA

View Full Version : Unused Beeman

WRideout
10-24-2014, 06:40 AM
I got a Beeman FX1 in .177 as a gift back in the 90's. I haven't shot it in maybe ten years, but want to exercise it again. Is there any kind of maintenance I need to do before I start putting pellets through it? Thanks.

Wayne

Multigunner
10-24-2014, 11:51 AM
Beemans standard instructions for break barrel guns says to never try to lube the piston seals or cylinder. That should only be done during factory service or repair.
They state that only the spring and hinge should be lubed and that very sparingly.

Pellgun oil should not be used with break barrel or other spring piston guns due to dieseling.

Might be a good idea to fire a few of the lubed felt cleaning wads down the bore before doing any shooting.

rking22
10-24-2014, 09:04 PM
If using the felt cleaning pellets in a springer , use several at a time as they do not provide enough resistance to the piston to slow it before hitting the end of stroke like a lead pellet. I generally use a pull thru on them. Just lube the pivots as suggected and have fun.

W.R.Buchanan
10-24-2014, 11:32 PM
You will notice that the Felt Pellets break the sound barrier and crack like a .22 when fired outdoors.

Randy

HARRYMPOPE
10-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Just shoot it.run a patch down the bore is about it.often after shooting one that has sat a bit all will be well.then after a few pellets if a seal has worn or gotten brittle it will let go.easy to fix.

WRideout
10-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Hey, thanks, everybody. I just feel more relaxed if I know I won't damage it right off.

Wayne