PDA

View Full Version : Update on upcoming book

Recluse
10-23-2014, 05:43 PM
We're in the last round of editing for False Gods. It is our plan to have everything completed and ready to send to publication by the end of the month and we're working to ensure that e-book versions and the print edition are available at the same time. With the previous book, we were about a month and a half behind on getting the print edition out.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=119999&d=1414100561

I'll make an announcement here and furnish links when everything is ready. We'll be in all the major on-line book stores and distributors.

:coffee:

BruceB
10-23-2014, 05:55 PM
GREAT news!

I've been eagerly awaiting this announcement.

Congratulations.

Goatwhiskers
10-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Good show! I've been anxiously waiting. GW

randyrat
10-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Sorry I have not kept up with this, what subject is the book?
Politics and money?

coblake
10-23-2014, 06:07 PM
That's great news, I really enjoyed Above Repoach.

firefly1957
10-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the update.

hardcase54
10-24-2014, 01:48 AM
Good news.

Wayne Smith
10-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Waiting for the Kindle link.

Bad Water Bill
10-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Congratulations JD.

Been chewing my finger nails for a long time to read this one.[smilie=s:

Get your orders in quick folks as the books will not last long on the shelves.

Just hope it is not so scary that Girty has night mules when I read it to her as a bed time story.:bigsmyl2:

Admiral Unknown
10-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Anyone care to elaborate on the theme or subject matter of this?

Ehaver
10-24-2014, 10:25 PM
"The current project, of which I'm a good year behind on, is entitled False Gods. It brings back the main cast of Above Reproach and like its predecessor, has a foundation of self-determinism and "fix the problem yourself" themes.

The novel calls out Big Business, Big Government and Wall Street as being false gods to which average middle-class Americans are beholden to, but to which the gods have nothing but contempt for. Kinda like today's situation with huge corporations merging together in order to feed the Street and foreign investors while procuring their riches through massive bribes to our elected officials."

http://www.jdkinman.com/

Recluse
10-24-2014, 11:29 PM
Sorry I have not kept up with this, what subject is the book?
Politics and money?

Here is the "back cover copy"

The CEO of a national retailer is murdered, paving the way for his number two man to take over while even more jobs are eliminated or outsourced and employees’ pay and benefits are slashed to the bone. On Election Day, a young employee in a small New York town launches a bold and daring plan that will help the employees take back their company. The giant retailer is caught by surprise and by the time they grasp what is happening, the plan is solidly in motion and the senior executives are powerless to stop it.

In Texas, a business professor challenges his students to find a way for small businesses in America to not just survive in the recessed economy, but to actually grow and thrive. One group of students comes up with a simple but brilliant idea and strategy that once implemented is so wildly successful that it spreads across the country in a matter of days. Big retailers and service providers begin watching their sales plummet and they’re bewildered as to why their stores have become all but empty this close to Christmas.

As the money flows away from big business and into the hands of small and independent businesses, panic in the upper echelons of America’s top corporations turns to anger, then to revenge. The young people who started this now find themselves targeted for harassment, assault and even murder by those who will do whatever it takes to keep their financial empires intact.

And Bad Water Bill--the book will only be available on-line and not in physical book stores. That jacks the retail price up too much. It'll be available online at Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, Apple iTunes store, Borders.com in Europe, Asia and Australia, Kobo and quite a few others.

Recluse
11-17-2014, 08:20 PM
Update as of 17 November. . .

Manuscript is back from editor and final revisions are being done tomorrow. One last formatting on my part and then it goes to the publisher this weekend.

Here is the print edition cover (front, spine, back--less UPC, ISBN, barcode, etc). My cover artist kicks absolute butt.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=122084&d=1416269823

Bad Water Bill
11-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Congratulations Sir

Will you be making them available here?[smilie=p:[smilie=s:

Recluse
11-17-2014, 10:27 PM
Congratulations Sir

Will you be making them available here?[smilie=p:[smilie=s:

Absolutely. Next step will be waiting on the proofs, then barring any changes/format revisions, releasing it for production and distribution.

MaryB
11-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Looking forward to it on kindle!

Bad Water Bill
11-17-2014, 10:55 PM
If it is not printed on paper I will not be able to read it(to old for the fancy stuff) for 4-6 nights because i KNOW this one is better than the first one.

That one kept me up till the last page was done.

Save one for me please.[smilie=s:

longranger
11-18-2014, 08:53 AM
I was one the guys who was given a very early copy of the first book to read and comment. I eagerly await the continuation of a another fine read from this author.Very nice cover for the new novel and will be happy to buy this one.