PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Hi Muzzleloading Shotgun

NEF308
10-22-2014, 01:25 PM
I have what "Appears" to be a manufactured Ultra Hi .45 cal. Kentucky style Shotgun. The problem is the barrel say "Made in Spain". Description: 34.5" Barrel with a solid welded breech plug with no rear sight & no dovetails in the barrel anywhere. The front sight is I believe a threaded screw in blade type. The stock has basically the same brass hardware as an old Jukar Rifle I have. And it seems that no one carries a lock assembly for it. The barrel is smooth bore with out any rifling. Any & All information in regards to this gun would truly be appreciated. Thank-you.

Squeeze
10-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Seems most were made by Miroku, Japan (who made contract guns for several big names and importers, both under contract, and their own name) .45 looks like the most popular. pistols and rifles in flint and cap come up at auction sporadically and rifles usually go at around $100, pistols bring about $75. You may have one with an aftermarket spanish barrel, or possibly a run from a spanish maker. here is a link to some early spanish proof marks, possible makers, and some year date marks http://askmisterscience.com/1896mauserbackup/spanishproofs.htm

swathdiver
10-29-2014, 10:52 PM
Pictures?