PDA

View Full Version : Close Encounter...

TXGunNut
10-19-2014, 12:50 AM
of the reptilian variety. Was doing a downsizing garage sale for my mom today, brought a box in from the garage marked "punch bowl" to have my sister-in-law unpack it for display. I've never seen her so excited about a silly punch bowl set and then she finally screamed something about a snake. :mrgreen: I turned the box over and sure enough, there was a 2ft +/- copperhead on the other side of the box. :coffee: Somehow it had gotten between the box and some very sticky (thank goodness!) shipping tape so it was pretty well secured but was pretty uspset about its situation. It didn't have the normal definition I generally expect on a copperhead but there was no mistaking the pit viper head. The second clue was the unmistakeable scent of a ticked-off copperhead. It presented no danger to me in it's current predicament so I detoured out to the front porch and my Cold Steel Voyager came into play, a bit more quickly than normal but with it's usual cool efficiency. Was a little awkward, a couple of carloads of garage sale shoppers were walking up at that moment so it was quickly removed from the tape and buried under the mulch under the shrubbery.
Garage sales are always good entertainment, never know what you're going to find. :mrgreen:

shoot-n-lead
10-19-2014, 01:04 AM
This is an example of why I love a yard sale...NEVER know what you will find.

TXGunNut
10-20-2014, 12:50 AM
Silly me, I'd just sold a perfectly good hoe. Better than a shotgun, IMHO. City folks (and cops) are a little touchy about gunfire on Saturday morning.

Ed Barrett
10-20-2014, 10:57 AM
How much did you get for the snake at the garage sale?

starmac
10-20-2014, 02:42 PM
Should have put it in a jar and took offers. lol

D Crockett
10-20-2014, 02:55 PM
speaking of good yard sale finds I found in like new condition a Rem. falling block in 223 for $200 it is one good shooting rifle about 4 years ago. and as far as the snake goes I am glad no one was bitten by it snake bits are not fun and don't ask me how I know D Crockett

fryboy
10-20-2014, 06:22 PM
last copper head i found i made a hatband out of it ,even odder ? many people didnt know what kind of skin it was ,glad no one got bit !!