PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful day at the range

GOPHER SLAYER
10-18-2014, 03:58 PM
Buckshot and I had a beautiful day at the range last Thursday. I took one of my 32-40s and it shot very well. I brought the wrong scope for it so I had to waste a few rounds getting it back on target. I posted pictures of the target and a lot of once fired .308 brass the range master gave me on the single shot forum. I would post the pictures here but the site will only let me post one at a time. I can wait for an hour or so and I can post another. I have no idea what the problem is. I always reduce the size of the pictures and I only have a smidgeon [Obozo word] in storage. In the picture I am the good looking guy in the middle. The man at my left was a nice fellow shooting next to me so I got him in the picture too. He lives down in Orange county and drives at least ninety miles to the range. He was shooting a .17 caliber rim fire Savage that he said only cost $300 new. He said it will atomize a ground squirrel. Cleaning it is a b----. The cleaning rod looked more like a catheter than a cleaning rod.

osteodoc08
10-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Looks like y'all had a great time. Friends and Fellowship is priceless.

Ed Barrett
10-21-2014, 06:41 PM
I made it to the range this morning. Expected it to be crowded with people sighting in deer rifles. One fellow checking out some loads for 45-70 H&R. It was 45 degrees when I got there. Warmed up to 68 degrees by 10:30. Got to check out some 40S&W and 357 loads in the pistols, Used some of my stash of 22's for the new to me Savage pump, seemed to like the Rem and Federal shells and hated the Winchester solids and hollow points. All in all a very productive day. Surprised nobody at the range.

GOPHER SLAYER
10-21-2014, 07:54 PM
Ed, I was also surprised at how few people were at the range despite it being a beautiful day. At one point there were only eleven shooters.