PDA

View Full Version : Magma Mould Handles

94Doug
02-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Anyone have experience converting Magma moulds to accept handles? Is it as easy as ordering the handles listed on the Magma site? I did some searching here, on old posts, and on the Magma site.... it sounds like RCBS Handles are used, just a matter of the location of the holes, does that sound correct?

Thanks,

Doug

(Nobody wanted to bid on a .40 200 grainer on ebay, so I got it for the $25 minimum bid)

mastercast.com
02-06-2008, 05:53 PM
The Magma moulds are set up to run on their commercial casting machines..either the "Bullet Master" or the hand operated "Mastercaster" machine.

The hardware on the sides of the mould have to be removed and the sides of the mould machined to accept mould handles if I recall correctly.

I have always gone the other way...I have had many moulds converted(RCBS, LYMAN, etc.)to work on the "Mastercaster" machine.

I would suggest you give Magma Engineering a call at 480-987-9008 or e-mail them at rclausen@ix.netcom.com for further information and prices.

Mike

runfiverun
02-06-2008, 10:03 PM
thier stuff is a bit pricey but top quality stuff.

Jon K
02-07-2008, 12:14 AM
Doug,

Correct assumtion, modify RCBS handles with new holes, and use RCBS mounting screws(old style RCBS mould) or pins & screws (new style RCBS).
Modify so handle jaws fit in the slot up to the sprue screw. Check and see if the mould is drilled & tapped to attach the handles, if not you will have to drill and tap mounting holes. Mine already had mounting holes for handles.

Magma sells modified RCBS handles, but pricey.

Jon

dakotashooter2
02-07-2008, 12:57 PM
I just drilled and tapped mine for either RCBS or the lyman handles (don't remember which). Also drilled and tapped for a spru cutter stop.