PDA

View Full Version : Can I ship brass to Canada (from USA)?

orisolo
10-17-2014, 12:33 AM
Hi Guys,

I was reading and researching a while back and came to conclusion that I can not legally ship brass and reloading component overseas, so i ship strictly domestic.

I have a gentleman from Canada asking me to ship him 7.62x39 brass and he insist that i should ask again since he know that components are OK and have ordered in the past from US websites with no problem.

My question is" Can I LEGALLY ship brass to Canada using USPS Mail?

Thanks in advance

Ford SD
10-17-2014, 02:48 AM
Hi Guys,

I was reading and researching a while back and came to conclusion that I can not legally ship brass and reloading component overseas, so i ship strictly domestic.

I have a gentleman from Canada asking me to ship him 7.62x39 brass and he insist that i should ask again since he know that components are OK and have ordered in the past from US websites with no problem.

My question is" Can I LEGALLY ship brass to Canada using USPS Mail?

Thanks in advance

Bad news---- notice where i am posting from ---> Canada

I wish it was the case But NO to the componets ------I could be wrong --but I do not think so

If you wanted to sell him a set of Dies - yes
a press= yes
mold= yes

But to do it for componets (primers/bullets/ cases ) you would have to have lots of paperwork with approved on it from the goverment x 2 USA and Canada

Ford SD
10-17-2014, 03:01 AM
ps there is still some steel cased surplus around ( I have to pick through it to find the cheep chinese 223 brass that every one throws away)

7.62x 39 is getting harder to find (steel case) but so is everthing
in the last year I found 1 30 carbine case as a range pickup

One of the reasons I shoot 300 Blackout

I wish some one could make a non restricted SA in 300 black

imashooter2
10-17-2014, 06:19 AM
The brass would fall under the USA's ITAR agreements and require a license to export. You can do it, but the regulatory nightmare isn't worth it for casual sales.

starmac
10-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Even after all the red tape one must go through to be able to ship brass, isn't there something like a 26 hundred dollar a year fee. It is funny, one can not even ship a scope to Canada, and while I can carry brass, primers, powder and loaded ammo through Canada, one had better not get caught leaveing any behind. lol

orisolo
10-18-2014, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the advise guys.
Ill stick to Domestic shipping.