PDA

View Full Version : 357Maximum

glockky
10-16-2014, 07:26 PM
How come your quit accepting pm's. I finally got a load worked up for the max with your help just wanted to thank you.

fishhawk
10-16-2014, 07:29 PM
It's because he has been banned from the forum.

Jailer
10-16-2014, 08:15 PM
You can find him here

http://www.wedealinlead.net/forum/index.php

glockky
10-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Why was he banned

fishhawk
10-16-2014, 08:39 PM
That's between Him and Staff. And leave it at that.

dubber123
10-18-2014, 12:52 PM
Wow, that stinks. He was very helpful to me and many others over the years.

MostlyOnThePaper
10-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Mike was a very good guy. IIRC, he WAS a moderator as well. Lots of talent has left this site.
Mike still IS a good guy, just doing it elsewhere [emoji2]

Hamish
10-19-2014, 06:42 AM
Mike still IS a good guy, just doing it elsewhere [emoji2]

Even if he is a lousy shot, smells bad, and his mother dresses him funny,,,,,,,[smilie=p:[smilie=p:[smilie=p:

Nrut
10-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Even if he is a lousy shot, smells bad, and his mother dresses him funny,,,,,,,[smilie=p:[smilie=p:[smilie=p:
That's what I figured from seeing the photo's of himself with his dead deers..
Cain't confirm the "lousy shot or smells bad" part but will take your word for that..
:twisted:
lol

leftiye
10-20-2014, 03:10 AM
Ts too bad, I liked him, durnitt!

303Guy
10-20-2014, 03:21 AM
Yeah. It is a pity.

Hickory
10-20-2014, 05:48 AM
Just like in the daytime soap operas, when the character is no longer popular those in charge kill'em off.

MostlyOnThePaper
10-20-2014, 06:00 AM
Just like in the daytime soap operas, when the character is no longer popular those in charge kill'em off.
!!!!!

Hickory
10-20-2014, 06:03 AM
Deleted

MostlyOnThePaper
10-20-2014, 06:04 AM
Oh, I know all about it! Those are exclamation points, not question marks [emoji2]

MT Gianni
10-20-2014, 10:11 AM

Mike chose to leave and did so in a manner that assured he would not be coming back. His choice, great guy, but his choice to leave.

leftiye
10-21-2014, 06:10 AM
Thanks. It's good to have a clue.

badgeredd
10-21-2014, 10:25 AM
His biggest problem was with an individual that has been allowed to run wild with snide remarks and another that constantly is telling people what CAN'T be done with cast bullets, according to his theory.

Edd

frnkeore
10-21-2014, 01:21 PM
His biggest problem was with an individual that has been allowed to run wild with snide remarks and another that constantly is telling people what CAN'T be done with cast bullets, according to his theory.

Edd

:goodpost:

nanuk
10-22-2014, 05:25 PM
just goes to show that even adults (or those who claim to be) can be reduced to schoolyard mentality

MostlyOnThePaper
10-22-2014, 08:46 PM
just goes to show that even adults (or those who claim to be) can be reduced to schoolyard mentality
It's also pretty easy to say whatever you want about the kid who quit school to go it on his own because he's tired of being pushed around by the most popular kid in school who is not quite as gifted as he thinks he is, along with his herd of pet lemmings. Maybe we should all just let Mike's disappearance drop rather than uselessly bantering back and forth.

onceabull
10-22-2014, 08:51 PM
That would be right after you got your shot in...Right ?? Onceabull

Ole
10-23-2014, 12:46 AM
Too many ban happy mods on this site.

kenjuudo
10-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Too many ban happy mods on this site.

My understanding was that Mike requested to be banned.

MostlyOnThePaper
10-23-2014, 09:00 AM
That's a fact, as opposed to a few day timeout.

leftiye
10-24-2014, 05:09 AM
I just left the forum at one point when a particular martinette moderator censored me for something I disagreed with. Glad I didn't slam the door!

ubetcha
10-24-2014, 07:05 AM
My understanding was that Mike requested to be banned.

Although I don't know the reason why 357 max left, why would he " Request to be banned" and not just leave or not post anymore? Just wondering. I just had a T/C 357 mag bbl rechambered to 357max and was looking forward to his input on the subject of the max. His site name of 357Maximun would indicate , at least to me, that he has done some work with this caliber and has accumulated some first hand knowledge. Not saying that no one else has though.. I'm feeling bad that some of our long time posters are leaving. A lot of helpful input is going away.

Tatume
10-24-2014, 06:49 PM
While I don't know if this Mike is the same Mike, but his personal favorite cartridge is the 357 Maximum and he certainly knows a lot about it. Check out Mike Bellm at:

http://bellmtcs.com/store/

ubetcha
10-24-2014, 06:55 PM
While I don't know if this Mike is the same Mike, but his personal favorite cartridge is the 357 Maximum and he certainly knows a lot about it. Check out Mike Bellm at:

http://bellmtcs.com/store/

I have been on Mike Bellm's site many times. In fact , that's who re chambered my bbl to max because of his knowledge of T/C's and also due to the fact his favorite caliber is the 357Max. But it doesn't hurt to get more info from others.

MostlyOnThePaper
10-24-2014, 07:30 PM
Not the same Mike. Very informative site tho.

GLL
10-24-2014, 08:26 PM
I miss Mike's posts as well !

Anyone interested in the .357 Max should take a look at David White's work on his website. Check the .357 Max Forum.

http://dandtcustomgunworks.websitetoolbox.com/

He rechambered my Ruger #1, two H&Rs, and a Contender for me in that cartridge!

Jerry

oneokie
10-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Just an FYI for people: One has to really work hard to be perma-banned from Castboolits. Read the T.O.S (button at the top of every page).

303Guy
10-24-2014, 09:07 PM
One has to really work hard to be perma-banned from Castboolits.I think that is understood. However, castboolits is quite strict and the members are generally considerate, polite and respectful and that is what makes this one of the best sites there is. Whatever 357Maximum did or didn't do, I still miss him and wish it hadn't turned out that way. There are other lost members too that I miss.

Well, here's one to Mike; :drinks: Wishing you all the best (and wishing you were still with us).

MostlyOnThePaper
10-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Just an FYI for people: One has to really work hard to be perma-banned from Castboolits. Read the T.O.S (button at the top of every page).
Not if you are being given a short ban and ASK for the ban to be permanent.

MT Gianni
10-24-2014, 11:56 PM
If I may clarify, Mike did not ask to be banned. He took his case to someone in such a manner that he knew would result in a ban. Leave it at that please.

waksupi
10-25-2014, 12:07 AM
I do recall when I was still on staff, Mike had posted a few messages to us, that more or less asked to be banned. I didn't understand it then, or now. Must be some kind of secret club he wanted to join.

leftiye
10-27-2014, 02:37 AM
It was in order to get on Starmetal's good side.:kidding:

MostlyOnThePaper
10-27-2014, 05:22 AM
It was in order to get on Starmetal's good side.:kidding:

Good one!

glockky
10-27-2014, 05:24 PM
I got ahold of Mike and exchanged a few messages with him thanking him for his help with my new 357 max. He spent a lot of time sending me messaged really trying to help when I had accuracy problems at first.
I will really miss his post. Those who have used them know he also came up with a couple really great lube recipes. One which is really easy to make.

He did tell me that he asked to be banned. I wont go into why because I will probably end up banned too for mentioning it and not being one of the untouchables.

Jailer
10-27-2014, 06:00 PM
He did tell me that he asked to be banned. I wont go into why because I will probably end up banned too for mentioning it and not being one of the untouchables.

Be careful....... ;)

Mike is the kind of guy that speaks his mind whether you like what he has to say or not. Whether you agree with him or not you know EXACTLY where you stand with him and I've got a lot of respect for that. Life's too short for games.

troyboy
10-27-2014, 06:06 PM
Shame really. Not sure why the good ones keep leaving.

badgeredd
10-27-2014, 06:06 PM
I got ahold of Mike and exchanged a few messages with him thanking him for his help with my new 357 max. He spent a lot of time sending me messaged really trying to help when I had accuracy problems at first.
I will really miss his post. Those who have used them know he also came up with a couple really great lube recipes. One which is really easy to make.

How true, how true!

For the record, the T.O.S. rules above are all well and good if the rules are applied with an even hand. A violation of the rule 4 by another member fair as in adversarial conduct is what got Mike banned. His adversarial conduct at the end in response to some one else's adversarial conduct toward him, which was not dealt with by those that had the authority to calm the situation. Warning to BOTH parties, or a temporary time out would have helped. Instead Mike was advised to change HIS settings rather than tell the other party to back off.

I am seeing some people trying to make it all Mike's fault...not true. Watch some of the untouchables IF you doubt what I say. In the end Mike DID ask to be banned and sent a couple messages that probably assured it would happen.

Edd

FrankG
10-27-2014, 07:36 PM
How true, how true!

For the record, the T.O.S. rules above are all well and good if the rules are applied with an even hand. A violation of the rule 4 by another member fair as in adversarial conduct is what got Mike banned. His adversarial conduct at the end in response to some one else's adversarial conduct toward him, which was not dealt with by those that had the authority to calm the situation. Warning to BOTH parties, or a temporary time out would have helped. Instead Mike was advised to change HIS settings rather than tell the other party to back off.

I am seeing some people trying to make it all Mike's fault...not true. Watch some of the untouchables IF you doubt what I say. In the end Mike DID ask to be banned and sent a couple messages that probably assured it would happen.

Edd

Huh !! I remember reading a similar perspective in Orwells 'Animal Farm' .