PDA

View Full Version : See, not ALL of hollywood are hypocrites…just most of them

thekidd76
10-15-2014, 10:36 AM
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/10/187810-brad-pitt-shares-position-gun-rights-sets-apart-hollywood/

When Hollywood superstar Brad Pitt pulls the trigger on a firearm on the big screen, you can be sure he appreciates what the weapon does. That’s because Pitt has been a gun owner since he was a 6 year old.
According to the Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/brad-pitt-i-was-given-my-first-gun-when-i-was-in-kindergarten-9792094.html):
“There’s a rite of passage where I grew up of inheriting your ancestors’ weapons,” said Pitt. “My brother got my dad’s. I got my grandfather’s shotgun when I was in kindergarten.”
The actor – who was born in Oklahoma and raised in Missouri – was first given an air gun, then received a shotgun when he was six. By the time he was eight, he had fired a handgun.

In addition, Pitt explained, “The positive is that my father instilled in me a profound and deep respect for the weapon.”
However, this isn’t the first time Pitt has come out in support of gun rights.
After the Aurora, CO, theater shooting in 2012, Pitt said (http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/2012/09/10/brad-pitt-defends-gun-laws/):
“America is a country founded on guns. It’s in our DNA. It’s very strange but I feel better having a gun. I really do. I don’t feel safe, I don’t feel the house is completely safe, if I don’t have one hidden somewhere. That’s my thinking, right or wrong.”

With so many Hollywood actors these days using firearms (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2255718/YouTube-video-reveals-bloody-roles-filmed-celebrities-calling-gun-control.html) in their movies but then supporting strict gun control legislation, Pitt’s take on guns rights is definitely unusual.

nemesisenforcer
10-16-2014, 12:44 AM
I'd heard this about him before and he seems sincere.

I've always thought he seemed like an interesting and fairly intelligent fellow, if not exactly down to earth, but I wouldn't mind having a conversation with him.

jmort
10-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Wish more of the Hollywood Hypocrites felt the same way. They have made a bundle from gun play.

smokeywolf
10-16-2014, 01:14 AM
Tim Allen, although I'm not sure he's still legally allowed to own one, is pro gun. I do like his new TV show, "Last Man Standing". He once in a while gets some good digs in on the zero and Hillary. In several of the shows the script is pointedly politically conservative but always worth a few laughs.

smokeywolf

monadnock#5
10-16-2014, 04:16 AM
In Hollywood, Pitt has achieved the status of god/man. So much so, that the Hollywood press refuses the bait when Pitt confesses to being pro gun. This is HYPOCRISY (On the part of the press) writ large. They can do this sure in the knowledge that no other Hollywood wannabe will make the mistake of saying "HEY, ME TOO!!!"
My Brad Pitt movie pick is "Legends of The Fall". It's an epic style gut churner reminiscent of "How The West Was Won".

6bg6ga
10-16-2014, 06:14 AM
Pitt is one of the few. The others will go for the paycheck and endorse the anti gun crowd.

Don Purcell
10-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Ah, Legends of the Fall. Great movie. Their attitude in a few scenes was to tell the government folks to take a hike and leave us alone. Mr. Pitt also bought a Supermarine Spitfire and is learning to fly it.

abunaitoo
10-16-2014, 05:01 PM
I read a story that Brad gave Angie a shooting range for one of their anniversaries.
Read another article that she was a pretty good shot.

Handloader109
10-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Don't go try and rob them guns in the house and they both know how to use them.

reloader28
10-16-2014, 09:40 PM
I've never been a Brad Pitt fan, but this changes that.
Now I'm a big fan.

Another star that 100% surprised me was Jon Voit. I always had him picked as severely anti gun, but I was exactly wrong. Very out spoken for gun rights and the costitution.

smokeywolf
10-17-2014, 02:00 AM
I've never been a Brad Pitt fan, but this changes that.
Now I'm a big fan.

Another star that 100% surprised me was Jon Voit. I always had him picked as severely anti gun, but I was exactly wrong. Very out spoken for gun rights and the costitution.

Jon Voight also happens to be Brad Pitt's father in-law.

beroen
10-17-2014, 02:16 AM
Tim Allen, although I'm not sure he's still legally allowed to own one, is pro gun. I do like his new TV show, "Last Man Standing". He once in a while gets some good digs in on the zero and Hillary. In severahl of the shows the script is pointedly politically conservative but always worth a few laughs.

smokeywolf
Why do you think he can not?

I thought brad and Angelina where typical Bollywood... but now that I know brad pit is pro gun, has a submarine spitfire and a skate park in his back yard I think I want to give him a bro hug ha ha

smokeywolf
10-17-2014, 03:41 AM

I thought brad and Angelina where typical Bollywood... but now that I know brad pit is pro gun, has a submarine spitfire and a skate park in his back yard I think I want to give him a bro hug ha ha

Mr. Allen has a late 1970s conviction for felony cocaine possession; did 2 years 4 months in a federal prison. He's an admirable case of rehabilitation. I give credit to him for this, not the criminal justice system.

He's made some very serious mistakes and gotten past them.

6bg6ga
10-17-2014, 06:26 AM
I read a story that Brad gave Angie a shooting range for one of their anniversaries.
Read another article that she was a pretty good shot.

I think they would make great neighbors.

dragon813gt
10-17-2014, 06:51 AM
Until every actor/actress that preaches anti gun rhetoric stops making movies w/ guns and any form of violence in them they should shut up. Hypocrisy drives me up the wall. You can't have it both ways. If you really cared you would not be making money off of violent images.

I've always like Brad Pitt movies. Angelina.....not so much and I'm one of the few that doesn't find her attractive.

6bg6ga
10-17-2014, 06:58 AM
Until every actor/actress that preaches anti gun rhetoric stops making movies w/ guns and any form of violence in them they should shut up. Hypocrisy drives me up the wall. You can't have it both ways. If you really cared you would not be making money off of violent images.

I've always like Brad Pitt movies. Angelina.....not so much and I'm one of the few that doesn't find her attractive.

I for one don't find Brad attractive but Angelina is another story. I would shoot with her any day of the week. I for one appreciate the fact that they have guts enough to stand up for the 2nd rights.

dragon813gt
10-17-2014, 12:54 PM
I for one don't find Brad attractive but Angelina is another story. I would shoot with her any day of the week. I for one appreciate the fact that they have guts enough to stand up for the 2nd rights.

I never said I wouldn't shoot w/ her ;)

375supermag
10-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Hi...

You may count me as another that doesn't find Angelina Jolie all that attractive. I think she is more over-hyped for her looks than any actress I can think of.

As for Brad Pitt...the only movie of his that I really liked was Inglorious Basterds...hilarious and horribly violent...typical Quentin Tarantino.

I am looking forward to seeing Fury, though. As a certified armor nut, I can't wait to see the running Tiger tank. i believe it may be the only original one left that actually runs. Tickets (3D), popcorn and drinks for three of us (me, my wife and son)...(probably $60 when it is all said and done), well worth it to see a running King Tiger.

I've seen running Sherman M4A3E8s before, but the closest to a running Tiger was the mocked-up Tiger I in Saving Private Ryan. That one was almost as bad as the Tiger Is in Kelly's Heroes. Still, both good movies...just wish the Tiger tanks would have been more realistic.

edit: Bad info from a movie review website, no running Tiger II...I went to see the movie Sunday...the running German tank is actually a Tiger I.

tygar
10-17-2014, 09:51 PM

I can't stand her & think she's ugly as a cow pie, never was impressed with Pitt or Voight; now I think I'll be going to their movies & think she's good looking.

Don Purcell
10-17-2014, 11:34 PM
She could stand to put on a couple of pounds like in her first Tomb Raider movie.

Multigunner
10-18-2014, 12:02 AM
Quote Originally Posted by beroen View Post

Mr. Allen has a late 1970s conviction for felony cocaine possession; did 2 years 4 months in a federal prison. He's an admirable case of rehabilitation. I give credit to him for this, not the criminal justice system.

He's made some very serious mistakes and gotten past them.

In some states a ex convict can have his right to bear arms restored, depending on the type of crime of which he was convicted.
A relative had a felony bad checks charge when he was younger and about fifteen years later he got his right to own and concealed carry restored. A close friend had an old armed robbery conviction and he somehow got his right to own and carry restored, not sure how that worked out, but he may have not actually been armed he may have been the getaway driver. I'll have to ask him next time I see him.
At least one local deputy spent time in prison in another state. He may have received a pardon.

Cornbread
10-18-2014, 11:49 AM
Here in Montana Tim Allen could get his gun rights back really easily as long as he is off parole. I'm sure with his money he has long since done the paperwork necessary to get his gun rights reinstated.

I've met Mr Pitt but not his wife. It was in a grocery store near his house at the time long before he had reached super star status. I was up in that area with a buddy from the Marines. We had the weekend off from training prior to deployment so we headed up to L.A. to stay at his uncle's place for the weekend. Turned out his uncle owns like three hospitals and runs all the drug testing and rehab(drug and physical) programs for the NHL and the NBA out of those facilities. Anyway his uncle lived right next to Robin Williams and they had a little grocery store at the bottom of the hill below their place. This was pre-internet so rich people had to buy groceries too or have the help buy them anyway. I guess Mr Pitt wasn't rich enough for that yet or he just does it himself because we went to get stuff for dinner and he was in line behind us. My buddy recognized him, I had no clue who he was. We talked about Marine Corps stuff for 15 minutes or so in line there with him and then finally got checked out and went home. He was a down to earth normal kind of guy but I never put two and two together until I saw "Legends of the Fall" and I went "hey I met that guy". I liked him then and I like him even more now that I know he is pro-gun. I think his wife is a decent actress but probably not in the same league as he is as far as skill in that profession goes. I won't comment on her looks because movies or not she's somebody else's wife.

6bg6ga
10-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Here in Montana Tim Allen could get his gun rights back really easily as long as he is off parole. I'm sure with his money he has long since done the paperwork necessary to get his gun rights reinstated.

I've met Mr Pitt but not his wife. It was in a grocery store near his house at the time long before he had reached super star status. I was up in that area with a buddy from the Marines. We had the weekend off from training prior to deployment so we headed up to L.A. to stay at his uncle's place for the weekend. Turned out his uncle owns like three hospitals and runs all the drug testing and rehab(drug and physical) programs for the NHL and the NBA out of those facilities. Anyway his uncle lived right next to Robin Williams and they had a little grocery store at the bottom of the hill below their place. This was pre-internet so rich people had to buy groceries too or have the help buy them anyway. I guess Mr Pitt wasn't rich enough for that yet or he just does it himself because we went to get stuff for dinner and he was in line behind us. My buddy recognized him, I had no clue who he was. We talked about Marine Corps stuff for 15 minutes or so in line there with him and then finally got checked out and went home. He was a down to earth normal kind of guy but I never put two and two together until I saw "Legends of the Fall" and I went "hey I met that guy". I liked him then and I like him even more now that I know he is pro-gun. I think his wife is a decent actress but probably not in the same league as he is as far as skill in that profession goes. I won't comment on her looks because movies or not she's somebody else's wife.

They like guns:) What more can you ask for?

Multigunner
10-18-2014, 10:12 PM
I ran across an interview with Tim Allen where he says he loves guns and hunting but doesn't hunt, so he may not actually own firearms these days.
He said he worked in a store selling guns and outdoor equipment and learned a lot from the customers. He said that hunters did more for the environment than environmentalists.
He also likes the idea of fishing but doesn't fish, he just does a lot of boating.
He apparently can't bring himself to take a life, not even that of a fish, but doesn't condemn the act for those who can.

beroen
10-20-2014, 01:27 AM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/19/ed996ce37d92978bd82236c4721a14ac.jpg