PDA

View Full Version : had my nephew helping me today!

AZ-JIM
10-11-2014, 11:45 PM
My sisters kids are staying at my house for a few days. Three nephews and a niece, one nephew is too young...like almost 2 yrs old. I have had all of them out in the garage at one time or another to help me reload, the 2 oldest arent into it too much but the third one really gets a kick out of it. Just about every time he sees me he asks "Uncle Jim can we load bullets?" I wish I had more time and component money. It was fun having him out there today. He just turned 5 and my next oportunity to take him shooting I will get him out for his first time and his older sister is about ready to learn too at 7. The oldest has been a few times and does pretty well. I have the necessary tools for the job, as in a kid size .22 that fits them properly. I teach them the rules, mine and safety, then when I can point at all the parts on the rifle and they can tell me what they are without missing any we are about ready. Anyway we worked on some rifle brass and maybe tomorrow we will load some pistol ammo. I am glad to see he is this into reloading already and hasent even fired his first shot yet. I hope the other 2 come around a little more but they have to do it on thier own, I wont force them but when they are ready all they have to do is say it.

az-jim

Ajax
10-12-2014, 06:52 AM
Thats awesome Jim. He will never forget the lessons you teach him.

Andy

MaryB
10-13-2014, 12:15 AM
start them young, 2 of my nephews started to learn to shoot at 5 years old and 7 years old. Their dad was not a hunter and they lived in the big city so coming out to see me for a week meant rural and please take us shooting almost every day. They still come to me to learn things, the same 2 are learning to reload now. Shotgun I can teach them well, pistol and rifle I am just getting back into after not doing it since the mid 80's.