PDA

View Full Version : An all Olympic Peninsula Dinner

quilbilly
10-11-2014, 11:17 PM
We just finished an all Olympic Peninsula dinner. Venison steaks from my wife's recent doe taken with a PRB, 2#'s of fresh picked chanterelles from the national forest up the hill, the Olympic Peninsulas's own potatoes - Ozettes which we grow, and for a salad, home grown grapes and apples. Can't believe two of us ate the whole thing. Doesn't get better than that! Now for that celebratory brandy.
And we call this our piece of paradise!

Ed Barrett
10-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Nothing better than game you have taken yourself and veggies out of your own garden. That's good eats!

ph4570
10-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Well done.

CastingFool
10-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Nothing wrong with that!

thxmrgarand
10-14-2014, 03:38 PM
I hope the anti-gun ballot measure(s) work out OK in 3 weeks!

quilbilly
10-15-2014, 08:17 PM
I hope the anti-gun ballot measure(s) work out OK in 3 weeks!
It is going to be close. The marxist moon bats in Seattle (75% of the electorate in Seattle according to recent elections) will vote for it of course but a recent poll this week showed support for the confiscation/regisrtion measure (I-594) had dropped from 70% to 60% statewide and the voters pamphlet just came out today. Once people see that Bloomberg/Gates billionaire marxist initiative is 18 pages and unreadable, people may quit believing the Bloomberg ads. We can only hope. Under this initiative anyone who owns any firearm is guaranteed to be a felon within 5 years and that includes police officers.
In the meantime, I just picked another batch of chanterelles this afternoon for dinner tomorrow with friends bringing homemade wine. Woo hoo!

MaryB
10-16-2014, 12:56 AM
Can't beat local food. My favorite in spring is smoked walleye stuffed morels with garlic butter, fresh caught walleye, fresh picked morels. Quick hot smoke after brining the walleye an hour(use whatever flavors you like). Flake the walleye, mix with some fresh bread crumbs that have been moistened with garlic butter then stuff into morel caps. Cap with more bread crumbs then grill until done. Occasionally brush with more garlic butter while grilling over low heat.