PDA

View Full Version : Prayer for all on the forum ?

Boaz
10-04-2014, 06:48 PM
I have had it on my mind for a while , on at least Sunday do you think it would be a good idea to invoke the Lord to bless and keep all forum members through prayer , a prayer list could be added or however a person would like to do it ? If so please post and if you think not please post also . I care for all my fellow Christian brothers and sisters here along with those who chose not to believe . Nothing elaborate , just to pray for help and guidance for us all . I would state at this time that I would hope different members would take a turn to say a prayer for us all . Please give your opinion .
Boaz

wyrmzr
10-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a great idea to me. The prayer list would be great, I know not a lot of people like to necessarily discuss what they need prayer for, but they could just ask for prayer without going into details.

Hickok
10-04-2014, 07:27 PM
Brother, count me in!

Hogtamer
10-04-2014, 08:15 PM
I will commit to doing that, and for our nation as well. Is this going to be on a rotational basis, say 1 guy one week, one guy the next, etc. 52 people signed up would cover the year!

Bzcraig
10-04-2014, 08:18 PM
I'm in!

buckwheatpaul
10-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Boaz, Great idea....I would be proud to be counted in!

shoot-n-lead
10-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Count me in.

I have been praying for forum members for a while now...this and other forums.

Boaz
10-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Wow , that was a quick response . Wyrmzr a person asking for prayer not wanting to be specific of need only to ask for prayer and add 'unspoken'

Hogtamer it would be up to everyone to decide how to go about it as far as who and when , ideas would be laid on the table and a plan evolve .

No group or single member must be singled out that might be offended by being mentioned in any of this process , I would hope the mods would add their thoughts to make this work out to everyone's satisfaction . Nothing said by a prayer group must have a negative effect on the board or cause a member any type discomfort or distress .

DeputyDog25
10-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Excellent idea, the Lord does answer prayer and I believe that the more that gather in his name will produce celebration in Heaven. I think the idea of a prayer list is also the way to go. We could pray over the list for specific members and their situations. I would think that a dedicated thread could be started as a prayer list, and used for prayer requests only. I will go along with whatever is chosen and my prayer will continue for all here on the forum.

1johnlb
10-05-2014, 07:22 AM
I will be praying.

Hamish
10-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Nah, these heathens dont need it, The Lord looks after fools and children they say,,,,,,:groner::bigsmyl2:

(Of course its a good idea.)

w5pv
10-05-2014, 08:24 AM
Count me in,May God bless each and everyone.

Boaz
10-05-2014, 10:14 AM
A possible example of the weekly prayer and prayer list :

WEEKLY PRAYER:
Lord we thank you for the blessings you have given us in the last week . Please give us guidance and the strength of mind to do your work in the week to come. Please help all here with their individual problems and bless their family's , help with any sickness or medical problems of all members . Thank you for loving us LORD . Amen

If you would like to be on our prayer list for the coming week just post below giving the name and reason t be prayed for .If you chose not to be specific as to the reason for prayer that is fine just add UNSPOKEN to your request . This group will use this prayer list till next Sunday when a new list will begin the same way , if your need still exists please add it again next week .

Boaz
10-05-2014, 10:24 AM
Example to request prayer:

Please pray for my son . UNSPOKEN

Please pray for my daughter , she is 15 years old and her mother has Alzheimer's .
Thanks for your prayers .
Boaz

pmer
10-05-2014, 11:26 AM
The Chapel has been a great help to me and I'd like to help pass on the goodness of the Lord!

Old Scribe
10-05-2014, 12:16 PM
A great idea! I will joyfully be a partner here.

Boaz
10-05-2014, 12:43 PM
More positive response ! Hey guy's my suggestions are just ideas if you have thoughts please speak up , I'm not trying to run the thread . Part of the blessing to possibly come from this would be working together for the greater glory of GOD . I feel a prayer list would help benefit those requesting prayer but also put it on a weekly basis so that we would know how long to continue praying for them . Many times the person requesting does not report when the situation is resolved either through healing or the passing of the person the prayers are intended for . I have had the personal experience many times of praying for healing when the person had already gone to the Lord .

DeputyDog25
10-05-2014, 01:19 PM
I need for all to continue praying for my wife and I. We need the Lord to intervene in my Social Security Disability application and have it approved quickly. Please continue to pray for us. Thanks to all in advance for their prayers, thoughts, and words of encouragement.

nagantguy
10-05-2014, 01:36 PM
What a good thought, I'm in I pray for all you heathens anyhow as part of my extended family. And I sure could use some from time to time.

Wayne Smith
10-07-2014, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I need to add all you guys to my list.