PDA

View Full Version : Photo Posts - pros & cons

Mike W1
10-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Have been going through the old threads bit by bit. It's irritating when a photo of something is gone.

I use PhotoBucket.com when I put a picture in a post.

Con - it probably takes a bit longer doing it this way
Con - if you remove it from Photobucket it's gone from your post
Pro - it doesn't disappear from your post when you go over a certain number of photos

Attaching photos to your post.
BIG CON - if you exceed whatever number of photos the older one's are automatically eliminated.

I saw a fair number of posts where the photo was no longer on PhotoBucket and there's a notice saying so. Leave em' on there folks, we're missing some good info sometimes because you pulled em'.

Apparently the other missing ones are from exceeding the given number of photos allowed. Something to keep in mind for the rest of us.

500MAG
10-02-2014, 09:27 PM
I have removed some but I know what you are saying. A while back, I couldn't post a photo without photobucket but now I can post with my ipad without it. I'm sure the site appreciates us removing them, I think it requires some space on their part.

dikman
10-04-2014, 06:54 AM
Yep, I've run into this on other forums where photos have "disappeared" - very annoying. The ideal, of course, is to have photos attached via the site's server, but the downside to this is the extra storage space that's needed. No easy answer.

dragon813gt
10-04-2014, 07:14 AM
There is nothing you can do to prevent this. Some people let their photobucket accounts go away. You can't make people keep photos on it. My account is a mess because of a long thread on VWvortex. I'm hosting a few hundred pics but they're all over and I can't reorganize w/out relinking all of them which isn't going to happen. For many people hobbies are short term propositions. So they clean out their accounts when they move on.

Trust me, I wish all the photos would stay as well. But it's just a fact of life on Internet forums.

Dan Cash
10-04-2014, 08:09 AM
PhotoBucket pictures I don't open. PhotoBucket locks up my computer and I suspect the site of one virus infection so I stay away. As far as deleting photos, I am unable to delete old photos that are in this system though I should surely like to.

dragon813gt
10-04-2014, 10:43 AM
You didn't get the virus from photobucket. It's one of the largest photo hosting sites.