PDA

View Full Version : A very humble Thank You! to my CB family.....

trails4u
10-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Many of you know...I have been selling and auctioning all but the kitchen sink for a couple of months now, trying to raise money to pay for a sinus surgery for my wife. Well....her pre-op is now scheduled for next week, and her surgery in three weeks. I cannot possibly thank you all enough...financially, this is happening for us on the backs and out of the wallets of the people in this community. You have all been so kind, patient, generous and gracious...it's truly amazing to have this in a bunch of guys I've never met face to face. I'm blessed to be here.

We expect this surgery to be life changing for our family. Jess lives in constant pain....daily headaches that are at times debilitating. Her doctor believes this surgery will fix that 100%.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers over the next few weeks...and THANK YOU! We truly could not have made this happen without you.

God bless you all!

Chris.

MaryB
10-01-2014, 11:03 PM
As a sinus sufferer I know your wife's pain. The want to work on my septum so I can breathe better and it is about time to run a tube up there and drain my sinuses again. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

DeputyDog25
10-02-2014, 02:06 AM
Chris, you are completely correct about the folks here on this forum, truly the best bunch of people I have ever been associated with. I consider them an extended family and I am proud to be associated with all of them. This bunch of folks have helped me out more than they will ever know, but I just hope they know how much I appreciate and thank them for what they did for my wife and I.

I will most certainly keep your wife in prayer for a successful surgery and for comfort and quick healing, God Bless and take care. Make sure you let us know how she is doing.

shooterg
10-02-2014, 01:14 PM
My wife recently had this type of surgery. fwiw- she had very little bruising.
It's really improved her life. She still snores a little but at least it's a different tune !

trails4u
10-17-2014, 07:30 AM
Success!! Jessica had her surgery yesterday morning, and according to her doc it all went exactly as planned. He seemed very pleased with the end results. She even mentioned she could already breathe better, while in recovery with gauze mostly covering her nose!! :)

We're home, trying to get some rest....the first night was rough for her as she seems to only be able to sleep about an hour at a time. We're both tired, but I expect today to be a better day!

Again.....my must humble thanks to all of you who have supported us in getting this done for my wife. We truly could not have done this without your grace and generosity!!

God bless you all!!

Chris.

Ehaver
10-17-2014, 09:50 PM
I just hope that it really does work for you all. Its a great thing for you to be able to do this for/with her.

Artful
10-17-2014, 11:48 PM
Glad to hear it all went well, Keep us updated

Bzcraig
10-17-2014, 11:55 PM
It is our pleasure and all that matters is this takes care of everything for her!

owejia
10-18-2014, 01:38 PM
Had sinus surgery back in the 70's amazing the difference it made. Hope your wife's surgery is as effective as mine was.

MtGun44
10-19-2014, 02:04 AM
Best wishes from a sinus infection sufferer. I seem to be getting fewer
in the last few years, but that is largely due to adding a humidifier and
knowing to catch it early with sinus decongestants.

Bill

trails4u
10-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Thank you all for the encouraging words. We're three days out of surgery and she's doing much better. Still on a steady diet of vicodin, but up and moving around some yesterday and today. We sat on the back porch quite a bit yesterday...it was beautiful! 75, sunny, leaves starting to turn....I think it did her a lot of good to be out of the bed and out of the house. She's up this morning...been sitting on the couch waiting for it to warm up a bit so we can go back outside. :)

Once again....can't thank you all enough!

God bless! Chris.

Bad Water Bill
10-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Now take your young lady onto the swing and hold her hand you lucky guy.