PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 3118

vern2
02-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Anybody out there can send me a couple of cast Lyman 3118 bullets to send along to NEI to have them make me a copy in hollow point?

I have been trying to find one on Ebay and the other auction sites, but the last one I saw went for over two hundred dollars, just cheaper and easier to have one made up.

Will be glad to reimburse you your postage.

vern2

midimize ^ at ^ dishmail.net

woody1
02-02-2008, 11:55 PM
Another option..........get a Lyman 3118 and have Buckshot hollow point it for you. Regards, Woody

TCFAN
02-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Anybody out there can send me a couple of cast Lyman 3118 bullets to send along to NEI to have them make me a copy in hollow point?

I have been trying to find one on Ebay and the other auction sites, but the last one I saw went for over two hundred dollars, just cheaper and easier to have one made up.

Will be glad to reimburse you your postage.

vern2

midimize ^ at ^ dishmail.net

Vern2
Is it the 3118HP that you want or just a 3118 boolit. If you want a solid nose that mold is now numbered 311008 and is available from Lyman......Terry

vern2
02-03-2008, 12:04 AM
TCfan

I need a couple of 3118 Lyman cast bullets to send to NEI so that they can make me up a hollow point 3118 mould. these bullets need not be the hollow point version. At this point I do not have a mould to cast these bullets, and really don't want to buy one just to cast up a couple of bullets to have the mould I want made up. I know I can buy a two cav. Lyman 311008 as it is listed, but don't want the solid version.

TCFAN
02-03-2008, 12:14 AM
TCfan

I need a couple of 3118 Lyman cast bullets to send to NEI so that they can make me up a hollow point 3118 mould. these bullets need not be the hollow point version. At this point I do not have a mould to cast these bullets, and really don't want to buy one just to cast up a couple of bullets to have the mould I want made up. I know I can buy a two cav. Lyman 311008 as it is listed, but don't want the solid version.

Vern2
OK I have this mold and will be glad to send some boolits to you...How do you want them, sized or unsized?..send me a address and they will be on their way on Monday..........Terry

Slowpoke
02-03-2008, 12:27 AM
TCfan

There are a few people on this board that can HP that new lyman mould for you.

Good luck

vern2
02-03-2008, 11:06 PM
TCFan

thanks much,

PM sent with addy.

vern

lawboy
02-04-2008, 01:15 AM
Buckshot hollowpointed a 3118 for me and It is a fabulous set up. If you get the 311008 and have him do the work, he can make you an extra pin or two with different nose nose cavity designs, all of which are adjustable for depth. I have two pins and a third pin to return the cavity to casting solids. Just another option.

TCFAN
02-04-2008, 01:33 AM
..in tomorrow's mail......
Lawboy make a good point about Buckshot. I had a 225642 HP by Buckshot and he did a great job.Might be something you should think about........Terry

vern2
02-09-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks, TCFAN, for the sample bullets,

They arrived in the mail yesterday and as soon as I can pack them up and send them to Walt's daughter they will go out for that new mould.

vern