PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this will make some people happy

dtknowles
09-27-2014, 08:28 PM
I am making a resolution, I am not going to respond to posts to correct what I see as bad info. You are on your own, much as you should be. I am not always right either. I posted something today that caused a good person to pull some of his posts. I am sorry. I am still going to be here, I just am not going to get into arguments or correct people. We will see how long this will last.

Tim

btroj
09-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Please don't.

It it is high time that those with real world knowledge fight back against the supposed intelligencia.

We have allowed a few to hijack the forum and ram misinformation down the throats of many a noob.

Do the forum a favor and tell people how to excel, we have enough telling them how to mediocre.

DCM
09-27-2014, 08:37 PM
I Fully agree with btroj, already way too much misinformation out there.

D Crockett
09-27-2014, 08:46 PM
if you see any bad info that I have posted PLEASE do tell me becouse I probably got it from one of the people that you are talking about D Crockett

tunnug
09-27-2014, 08:52 PM
A big plus to "keep on correcting", I know that if I post something that is wrong and is corrected it helps me on my quest for knowledge, not saying some stick-in-the-mud types won't be upset but oh well, can't please everyone.

cbrick
09-27-2014, 08:52 PM
I am making a resolution, I am not going to respond to posts to correct what I see as bad info. You are on your own, much as you should be. I am not always right either. I posted something today that caused a good person to pull some of his posts. I am sorry. I am still going to be here, I just am not going to get into arguments or correct people. We will see how long this will last. Tim

Well that's a shame, hope you reconsider. Nothing wrong with posting, nothing wrong with being wrong but it takes a but of integrity to own up to it. There are a few here that truly believe they are the only ones on the planet with any knowledge and refuse to acknowledge they could be wrong or anyone else might actually know something, they only accept being placed on a pedestal. That's a shame too.

Rick

dtknowles
09-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Just give me a little time off to calm my nerves and let some people forget how I irritated them. You will all be alright in the mean time. Like I said, sometimes I am wrong too. If I see something truly stupid or dangerous I will probably correct it if nobody else does.

Tim

Wayne Smith
09-27-2014, 09:05 PM
We all need correction at times. My wife corrects me when I am wrong. Please continue to correct me if I post something wrong. Even though I have my doctorate that doesn't mean I am always right!

cbrick
09-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Just give me a little time off to calm my nerves and let some people forget how I irritated them. You will all be alright in the mean time. Like I said, sometimes I am wrong too. If I see something truly stupid or dangerous I will probably correct it if nobody else does. Tim

Hehe, this is an internet forum, you couldn't log on and say good morning without irritating somebody.

Irritating somebody should be the last of your concerns especially considering how much some fully deserve to be highly irritated. Take a deep breath and get back to being Tim.

Rick

btroj
09-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Rick gave great advice. Be yourself. Do what you do. Don't apologize for not agreeing with others.
Too many have left rather than fight the idiocy. Too much knowledge lost.

monadnock#5
09-27-2014, 09:29 PM
Hamlet, Act I Scene 3. Polonius' Speach To Laertes: "This above all, to thine own self be true...."

Bullshop
09-27-2014, 09:54 PM
I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken. Now where did I put my pedestal?
Now I know what your thinking but I have never told a lie and I never will again.

btroj
09-27-2014, 10:29 PM
Not in a fight with anyone, I'm just ignoring all the BS.

Others do their thing, I do mine. I just don't bore them with my obviously flawed methodology as they have their guru telling them all there is to know.

oldred
09-27-2014, 10:49 PM
My wife corrects me when I am wrong.

Mine corrects me even when I'm right, :veryconfu

9.3X62AL
09-28-2014, 02:41 AM
I always reserve the right to be wrong, and don't really care a whole bunch about the reactions received to texts I post. If I am mistaken, I'll take possession of the mantle--but don't expect a public mea culpa from me if the question involves personal opinion or my personal experiences. I already had one fool gungamer pop off in my direction today on this site, just another incremental disincentive to assist others in good faith and often from a differing perspective than the mainstream.

Taylor
09-28-2014, 07:07 AM
:coffeecom

dragon813gt
09-28-2014, 08:16 AM
:popcorn: I thought these threads were finally over w/. I guess I was wrong. See that, I admitted I was wrong :laugh:

castalott
09-28-2014, 08:42 AM
Hamlet, Act I Scene 3. Polonius' Speach To Laertes: "This above all, to thine own self be true...."

"And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee."

I love Shakespeare...so much truth in it all...

Dale

square butte
09-28-2014, 08:48 AM
Popcorn sales will fall off drastically around here if you stop correcting bad info.. Now how could that be a good thing?

Recluse
09-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Not going to contribute to the clash in personalities.

Instead, I would submit that this site was STARTED to share good information and techniques and methods and to refute bad information, techniques and methods.

At the same time, the site was started to explore new avenues and paths. . . and then discuss and share them politely.

:coffee:

ReloaderEd
09-28-2014, 01:56 PM
Wow quite a response. My boss.told me one time ro bq more "politically correct." Personally I've leaened a lot in here and I have cast boolits and reloaded ammo since I was 12 yrs. old. Thats 58 years my friends. But I'm no expert. However, "pleasingly plump" might be a better term rhan "Your fat."

oneokie
09-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Gentlemen,
As was stated, this type of discussion does not belong on the open forum. If you insist on arguing a point, take it to private messages.
You have been warned!

monadnock#5
09-28-2014, 02:15 PM
"And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man.
Farewell, my blessing season this in thee."

I love Shakespeare...so much truth in it all...
Dale

Hamlet's Soliloquy should be made a sticky on this page.

castalott
09-28-2014, 05:38 PM
Wrath-kindled gentlemen, be ruled by me;
Let's purge this choler without letting blood:
This we prescribe, though no physician;
Deep malice makes too deep incision;
Forget, forgive; conclude and be agreed;
Our doctors say this is no month to bleed. Richard 2nd

Ha! I had to look this one up...

I would be well content
To entertain the lag-end of my life
With quiet hours.
~ From Henry IV

I suppose I'm off topic here (not sure what is the topic) & I'm sorry. Dale

wild thing
09-28-2014, 05:58 PM
I come here to learn. If someone posts something that is not safe or wrong, please correct it so nobody gets hurt. The information here has helped me a lot ....john

Elkins45
09-28-2014, 07:56 PM
Anybody that sees me posting something wrong has my permission to point out my errors.

9.3X62AL
09-29-2014, 12:43 AM
However, "pleasingly plump" might be a better term rhan "Your fat."

This is the tone/content quality we should all strive for. If a blatant safety problem gets posted, then a polite counter is always appropriate. Blanket condemnations of tooling and processes I have used safely and successfully for 40 years won't influence me much, other than to look upon its source as a doctrinaire and self-important jerk. "Are you SURE your load/method/powder weight is a good idea?" is a lot more palatable to all onlookers than is "YOU ARE A DANGEROUS, SELF-CONTAINED CATASTROPHIC FAILURE WAITING TO HAPPEN!" Which message is the more likely to be taken to heart? Which message is more obnoxious? This isn't "political correctness"--it is common courtesy to fellow hobbyists, and all of us here are striving to learn the right things for the right reasons. We won't get there through obnoxious and insulting texts.

MtGun44
09-29-2014, 02:24 AM
It is perfectly OK to disagree, as long as you do not get disagreeable.

A polite difference of opinion, or different experience shouldn't cause anyone to freak out.

If one person finds that a particular boolit is terrible in his gun, and says so, and another
finds that it is wonderful in his gun (maybe the same model) and says so. . . . . . . SO WHAT?

Bill

leftiye
09-29-2014, 05:24 AM
Gentlemen,
As was stated, this type of discussion does not belong on the open forum. If you insist on arguing a point, take it to private messages.
You have been warned!

I'm 100% sincere about this - I've also been reading english for at least 60 years - Please explain what was said here to trigger this warning. I've re-read this whole thread and cannot find anything that was objectionable, nor even argumentative. Did a bunch of posts get dissappeared?

dragon813gt
09-29-2014, 05:57 AM
Did a bunch of posts get dissappeared?

Yes, a lot of them were removed. Can't say I agree w/ that but I'm not a moderator.

captain-03
09-29-2014, 10:43 AM
I'm 100% sincere about this - I've also been reading english for at least 60 years - Please explain what was said here to trigger this warning. I've re-read this whole thread and cannot find anything that was objectionable, nor even argumentative. Did a bunch of posts get dissappeared?

HUMM -- ... same here .....

Pepe Ray
09-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Dragon813gt;
Thanks for that explanation. I was getting confused, questioning my self, what did I miss?
I get it now,
Pepe Ray