PDA

View Full Version : Mtgun 44

btroj
09-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Bill, please clear you inbox a bit, I'm trying to send a PM and your box is full.

Brad

Bad Water Bill
09-27-2014, 10:15 PM
I also have an offer for him but the mail mans back seems to be broken.

btroj
09-27-2014, 10:17 PM
:mrgreen:Ever since he retired he has just gone to pot......

maybe he should go back to work?

KYCaster
09-28-2014, 05:27 PM
Now that he's retired, he doesn't have enough time to get anything done.

Jerry

btroj
09-28-2014, 05:30 PM
Most likely. I am jealous.

Bad Water Bill
09-28-2014, 06:52 PM
Well I am 78 and still here.:bigsmyl2:

I have several items I would like to GIVE him from the 2A conference Friday-Sat and today but it seems like he crawled into one of those caverns Jesse and Frank hid in.:sad:

Bill come back.

MtGun44
09-29-2014, 03:02 AM
Sorry guys! I can't quite figure out how I had time to work before I retired.
I think what is going on is that I was steadily losing ground on all my projects,
and now I am actually getting ahead, although the backlog is still years out.

I spent several hours this PM picking apples, got the tree pretty much cleaned out
and all into the refrigerators. About 1.5 - 2 bushels, we will be making a lot of
nice pies!

Then put the window back in the bathroom upstairs. Pulled it out to clean up
and repaint, and replace the single glass with a custom made insulated glass.
Got it all done, lightly bead blasted and repainted some of the hardware and
got it installed today, looks great and will be warmer in that bathroom this
winter - no storms on these as they are awning type, swing out. Three of them
will replace all the glass with insulated, clean, strip and repaint the wood (in
good shape but paint is gone). Just a bazillion of these things going on, and
more.

Saturday I shot real well in one match, but the Swiss match was a disaster, just cannot
see that darned camo Swiss silhouette early in the AM with the sun behind and off
to the right anymore with open sights. I can still hit the bullseye type targets
at 300 m (Vancouver match), and the silhouettes if the sun is on them, but in the
shade real early in the morning - I just can't do it any more.

Cleared out a few posts.

Bill

MtGun44
09-29-2014, 02:51 PM
btroj,

Tried to reply - got something abour 'btroj has decide not to accept personal messages. . . . ."

Bill

Bad Water Bill
09-29-2014, 06:46 PM
He probably is sitting in a corner sulking because he is to YOUNG to pull the plug.

Little does he realize what happens when you hit 65 and the "homey do" list is longer than a Y P roll.

Dannix
09-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Bill,
I'm seeing "Banned" under btroj's name. I'm not sure what that entails, but I wanted to mention it, since if he's no longer with us (which I certainly hope is not the case), that may explain why you cannot IM him.

Bad Water Bill
09-29-2014, 08:57 PM
i just sent BTROJ a message with 0 problems and no notice that he has been banned.

Girty wants to know where you have been grazing lately?:bigsmyl2:

btroj
09-29-2014, 09:51 PM
All contact issues are taken care of. Now using email, far better for me anyway.

Thanks Bill, both of the Bill's actually.

Bullshop Junior
09-29-2014, 10:02 PM
Maybe they got tired of him bringing back the thread killer thread, and sense they cant lock it, they just banned him.

btroj
09-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Jr, I wish it was that simple.

cbrick
09-29-2014, 10:43 PM
btroj banned? Na, just don't post the truth here cause it could happen. :veryconfu I know, I tried it and I got a warning.

Rick

btroj
09-29-2014, 10:46 PM
I spent all this time on a new avatar and nobody comments?

Major disappointment guys, major.

My wife got it right away and laughed.

Bullshop Junior
09-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I noticed it was different but my phone just shows a small dark blur and its hard to tell what it is.

cbrick
09-29-2014, 10:50 PM

Major disappointment guys, major. My wife got it right away and laughed.

I can't tell what it is either other than I hope that's not what people are driving in Nebraska. :mrgreen:

Rick

btroj
09-29-2014, 10:53 PM
Nobody ever watched Animal House?

The deathmobile

TXGunNut
09-29-2014, 10:55 PM

Major disappointment guys, major.

My wife got it right away and laughed.

Looks like an outhouse perched on some twisted version of the batmobile but that may be due to the mushrooms in my spaghetti sauce. Honestly couldn't make it out but my eyeballs are tired. Maybe tomorrow.

Bullshop Junior
09-29-2014, 10:56 PM
On my phone the photo is leas then 1/4" square.

cbrick
09-29-2014, 11:00 PM
Nobody ever watched Animal House?

The deathmobile

Deathmobile? Animal House? :veryconfu Not a clue.

Rick

btroj
09-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Dude, get a bigger phone!

In all reality I have to give you props for using a phone for all this. My eyes wouldn't let me do that.

btroj
09-29-2014, 11:01 PM
Deathmobile? Animal House? :veryconfu Not a clue.

Rick

Man, you got no class. Great movie.

Bullshop Junior
09-29-2014, 11:04 PM
Dude, get a bigger phone!

In all reality I have to give you props for using a phone for all this. My eyes wouldn't let me do that.

Ive still got pretty good vision. I would use a computer if I had one, but I don't. So i use a iphone 4, one of the smaller phones.

btroj
09-29-2014, 11:06 PM
I just got an iPhone 6. Much nicer than my 4S.

Most at of my forum time is via iPad. Nothing like being in bed or the bathroom and keeping in touch.

Bullshop Junior
09-29-2014, 11:12 PM
Yep. Gotta check the forum from your throne.

Bullshop Junior
09-29-2014, 11:13 PM
I understand the iphone 6 and 6 plus are having problems with bending quite easy.

btroj
09-29-2014, 11:14 PM
Mine won't, I don't carry it in my back pocket.

cbrick
09-29-2014, 11:16 PM
Man, you got no class. Great movie.

Deathmobile was a movie?

I just got an iPhone 6. Much nicer than my 4S.

Most at of my forum time is via iPad. Nothing like being in bed or the bathroom and keeping in touch.

Hhmmm . . . You sit on the stool and post on CastBoolits?

And I got no class? Now the next time I'm reading one of your posts how am I gonna get that image out of my head?

Rick

btroj
09-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Yes I do Rick. My wife and daughter made me promise to never FaceTime from there.

I don't see see it as a lack of class but rather as wise use of my time.

And no, death mobile wasn't a movie, it was a classic part of Animal House. Now the fact you don't know that IS a sign of no class. None at all.

cbrick
09-29-2014, 11:25 PM
Oh, Animal house was a movie huh? Not a lack of class but rather a sign of common sense. I spent 34 years watching them film all that garbage, not much need or desire now to put myself in brain dead mode so I can watch it.

Rick

btroj
09-29-2014, 11:27 PM
I have been fortunate enough to never live in CA?
I must admit I love a good comedy.

Bad Water Bill
09-29-2014, 11:34 PM
It probably has been at least 35 years since I wasted my time and money going to a movie.

Are they STILL doing them in black and white or have they finally figured how to add color to the movies?

Bullshop Junior
09-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Bill...they can make the images pop from the screen now and walk around the room.

Bullshop Junior
09-29-2014, 11:50 PM
I don't see see it as a lack of class but rather as wise use of my time.

Agreed!

jmort
09-29-2014, 11:59 PM
"Bite Me" =. Death Mobile
"Double Secret Probation"
New avatar is cool. I have been on double secret probation for a while now.

leftiye
09-30-2014, 04:51 AM
And I should read all of this----? Why?:kidding:

btroj
09-30-2014, 07:33 AM
Because you already did?

Just a few guys having a nice conversation.:mrgreen:

Bullshop Junior
09-30-2014, 08:13 AM
Never hurts to read. If I hadn't read, i wouldnt have known that brad got banned for bringing back up the thread killer thread.

btroj
09-30-2014, 08:15 AM
The thread killer thread almost killed me?

Bullshop Junior
09-30-2014, 09:29 AM
I guess you bounce back as well as that thread does.

geargnasher
09-30-2014, 10:26 AM
My post count went up by 17 while I was asleep last night, and I do not have an I-phone 6 or any other device that lets me post from bed. Weird. Had to check with my profile page to see if it had posted anything interesting on its own, then I had a Groundhog Day moment. Today IS Tuesday, isn't it?

Gear

btroj
09-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Gear, you need to entire the modern era. Throw away that flip phone. I know you like to be self sufficient but I don't think you are gonna make your own smart phone.

Maybe your user account is now interest bearing? Would that account for the increase in post count?

geargnasher
09-30-2014, 10:48 AM
See, my desktop does't auto-correct, and that's fine with me. I have indeed "entired" the modern era. :mrgreen: When Microsoft stops supporting Windows 7 I'm gonna cry. Took me several years to get over the loss of XP and am still dealing with some emotional trauma experienced while trying to learn Vista and Windows 8. Linux anybody? As for phones, I like a phone for a phone. I'd still be using one of those beige SWB rotary jobbies if the lines would support it and answering system menus didn't require it.

Gear

btroj
09-30-2014, 10:53 AM
Daniel, have you actually ever met a Luddite before? If not, let me introduce you to Geargnasher.

As for autocorrect, you see how I type with it, imagine without it! Not saying it doesn't have some flaws but it does help. Well, usually.

Bullshop Junior
09-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Gear, you need to entire the modern era. Throw away that flip phone. I know you like to be self sufficient but I don't think you are gonna make your own smart phone.

Maybe your user account is now interest bearing? Would that account for the increase in post count?

Flip phone? He probably still has a rotary phone and extension cord.

btroj
09-30-2014, 11:47 AM
He must have a heck of a cord to call from work!

geargnasher
09-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Actually, at home, I have no phone at all. Still use smoke signals or the internet.

Luddite, that's funny right there! I do believe I have been called it all now, but this might be an insult to Luddites.

Gear

btroj
09-30-2014, 12:16 PM
Not really, you would have fit right in. A guy who likes to do with his own hands, they would approve of you. I do mean this in a positive way.

No home phone? How do the charities and political groups get in touch with you?

geargnasher
09-30-2014, 12:24 PM
We had one plugged in for a day and a half about eight years ago when I first got a telephone connection installed. I think all of them called us during that time. Pretty sure all, anyway, maybe one or two missed us before I yanked the cord out of the wall. Never again.

Gear

btroj
09-30-2014, 12:30 PM
I bet you saved the cord, didn't you? You will find a use for it someday? Not as a phone cord but as wire for something.

Bad Water Bill
09-30-2014, 12:40 PM
What do you think he uses to drag his game out of the woods?

One swipe with a damp cloth and it looks like brand new.

btroj
09-30-2014, 12:43 PM
Never thought of that. I must not be as frugal as some.....

oneokie
09-30-2014, 05:25 PM
I'd still be using one of those beige SWB rotary jobbies if the lines would support it and answering system menus didn't require it.

Gear

Those can still be found in thrift shops or garage sales. The later ones have a switch on them to select either pulse or tone dial. Set on tone, one can navigate the automated answering thingys.

runfiverun
09-30-2014, 05:59 PM
the phone company pretty much forcibly removed my rotary phone from the house.
I turned their service off.
I could actually rotary dial faster than using a pokey pad thingy to call someone.

Bad Water Bill
09-30-2014, 06:13 PM
You mean they no longer use smoke siginels on your resservashun?:kidding:

geargnasher
09-30-2014, 06:28 PM
Those can still be found in thrift shops or garage sales. The later ones have a switch on them to select either pulse or tone dial. Set on tone, one can navigate the automated answering thingys.

Yeah, I still see them in the thrift shops. In college we had the push-button ones with the pulse/tone selector, but there was a warehouse full of the rotary ones they replaced. As an RA in the dorms, I had access and 'appropriated' a rotary for my room. I loved those things, they always worked and they were about the only thing in the dorms that the residents couldn't seem to destroy on a regular basis. There was a red pushbutton phone with a blinking light on top of it in the freshman receptionists' kiosk that looked like something from the Austin Powers movie set. I begged the housing department to let me have it for my room but no dice.

There is a cell phone tower 326 yards from my front door so no cords for me. Don't ask how I know the exact rang----um, I mean distance.

Gear

runfiverun
09-30-2014, 10:10 PM
well the res is about 30 miles west and 30 north of me in an inverted L shape, I occasionally see some white puffs over that way..

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-30-2014, 10:30 PM
it's still connected and I use it whenever the battery in my cordless handset needs recharging :mrgreen:

geargnasher
09-30-2014, 10:38 PM
I didn't know Redding made telephones??? That was from a time when household things actually had color, like Fiestaware. Cars and trucks used to be painted bright colors, too, instead of the universal Pavement Camouflage Pearl Metallic that is so boring and annoying today.

Gear

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-30-2014, 10:47 PM
Lot's of stuff in my house has 'color',
Olive colored washing machine,
not too long again I replaced my burnt orange clothes dryer with a white one :( even though I use the outdoor clothesline most of the time, weather permitting.

MT Gianni
09-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Ours has push buttons. It isn't a phone to holly unless it has a cord.

btroj
09-30-2014, 11:19 PM
Man, you guys make me look like a tech junkie.

Bullshop Junior
09-30-2014, 11:39 PM
Lot's of stuff in my house has 'color',
Olive colored washing machine,
not too long again I replaced my burnt orange clothes dryer with a white one :( even though I use the outdoor clothesline most of the time, weather permitting.

Whats a washing machine?

TXGunNut
09-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Flip phone? He probably still has a rotary phone and extension cord.

I gathered up hundreds of feet of telephone extension cords when I moved my mom out of the home I grew up in. Enough power cords to reach the house across the street as well, probably back again. Anybody remember when TV remotes with cords were cool?

btroj
09-30-2014, 11:50 PM
Whats a washing machine?

My wife is great at laundry, she is practically a washing machine!