PDA

View Full Version : Puppy got a rabbit

popper
09-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Silly little 2 yr old ****zu came to the door wanting in, thought she had a chew toy in her mouth. Let her in, chased her around the sofa as I saw it was a bunny. Took her to the garage trash & got her to drop it. Took that trash out this morning for pickup, bunny was alive. Oh well, to the land fill. She's been chasing them for a year, nearly catches em but I think this time she trapped one as it came under the fence. Wife demanded I give her a bath.
Shot the 30/30 PB 150 this morning, best group was 17 gr of 2400 with some filler, about 1" @ 50. Changed scope (freeby 3x9 BSA) on the 300BO (Nikon went full left), took a while to get on paper & results were not very good (145 PB), same batch I loaded a 2 months ago that did good. Factory subs weren't that good either. I'll load some 168 Amaxs to see what is going on, shot about 1" @ 50 before. Got a good trigger for it but have to find a deep reach socket to get the grip off - any idea what size?
Docs going to unclog the artery in my left leg next week, pretty much recovered from the cardioid cleaning, then to find why my white count is >1400. Painters should be through doing the house inside, 2 weeks so far. Lots of fun.
edit: started to get the bills & EOBs now, Hilarious one-liner on the EOB 'exceeds normal fee due to "sequestration" '. You know, when medicare reduced payments (out of session committee changes) to docs due to Obummer budget fiasco. Crooks in DC gotta get paid.

monadnock#5
09-25-2014, 04:57 PM
It sounds to me as though you've got your priorities straight and haven't focused so much on any one thing that you can't keep all your plates in the air with style and aplomb. Carry on!!

popper
09-26-2014, 11:42 AM
Nah, just bored almost to tears.

Mk42gunner
09-26-2014, 01:20 PM
Give that pup a hug from me. The story brought back some fond memories of my childhood.

We had a ½ German Shepard ½ Collie named Yogi that used to bring baby cottontails to the house in the spring, when they were just about three to four inches long. They were way to young to be weaned so none made it more than a day or two.

Robert

redriverhunter
09-26-2014, 01:30 PM
I got a big kick out of my dog, the other day. I was sure he had this rabbit cornered. The rabbit was corned in a chain link fence, the dog got after the rabbit and the rabbit attempted to jump through the fence bounced back. I was sure the dog had the rabbit, but the rabbit jumped again but this time it made its way through the chain link fence. I would have never thought that that rabbit could get through the fence. I must say I had a good laugh that day. My dog looked as puzzled as I was.

catmandu
09-27-2014, 05:53 AM
One day I let my son's yellow lab Puggie out and there was a rabbit on the grass. The chase was on. They both cut left and right till the dog was nose to tail. The rabbit headed to the street and towards a parked car. I thought he was going to run under. At the last second the rabbit made a right turn and the lab didn't. Ran right into that car. I laughed so hard I had to sit down.

Paul in WNY

lbaize3
09-27-2014, 01:00 PM
My ****z tzu used to chase rabbits and squirrels, but look what she does now:

popper
09-27-2014, 11:18 PM
I think she was just proud and wanted to show what she accomplished. Took her for a walk tonite and she 'pointed' every time she saw one. Third of this breed we've had & she is a hunter. Yes, she finally learned to stop before she hits the fence. We've been watching paint dry for 2 weeks and she has been very patient with the workers.