PDA

View Full Version : A little computer help .....

Johnch
09-24-2014, 07:19 PM
I would like to clean up my computer screen

I have a bunch of icons for games , reloading programs , trail camera pictures and other programs

I would like to find a program that lets me put ....like all the games into 1 icon
When I click on it , a list of the games pops up or a image of all the game icons

That way I could put most of the screen icons into 3 groups and clear up the screen

Any ideas ?
I did some searchs online .....but I didn't find what I was looking for
Probely I didn't enter the right search words :confused:

But I figure one of the computer brains here would have a idea

John

pworley1
09-24-2014, 07:24 PM
The easiest and quickest fix is to create three folders on your desktop and drag all your icons into the proper folder. When you double the folder all the icons in it will be displayed. Just right click an open area of your desktop, click new, then folder and give it the name you want to use. Repeat the process as many times as you need.

bangerjim
09-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Like said above.........folders. You have EVERYTHING you need already! Save your money!!!!!!

Just drag and drop your items to the new folders you easily make on your desktop. Right Clicking on the desktop will let you make them from a menu that appears. Use the "NEW" menu item. Name them anything you want.

Drag the folders anywhere you want.

When you double left click the folder, the contents will appear in a menu.

banger

Cmm_3940
09-24-2014, 08:02 PM
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-new-folder#1TC=windows-7

Johnch
09-24-2014, 09:39 PM
Thanks
I knew there had to be a easy way
But I had no clue as how to

John

crazy mark
09-25-2014, 12:24 AM
Make sure the folders are on your "C" drive or main drive. Your folders on your desktop only can get corrupted. Then make shortcuts to your folders on your desktop. I have no idea why I know this.

Cmm_3940
09-25-2014, 06:30 AM
The folders on the desktop are already contained on whatever drive Windows is installed on, usually C:/ . The "desktop" is really just another folder buried within Windows at C:/Users/$YourUserName/Desktop . Unless you really want to mess around with it, you don't need to worry about them.

crazy mark
09-26-2014, 12:54 AM
I will respectfully disagree with you. I had somebody mess with my desktop at work and they lost several folders that IT couldn't recover. They were on the desktop only. I had fun rebuilding them. I had to find the separate programs/files that were in each folder on my hard drive.

The folders on the desktop are already contained on whatever drive Windows is installed on, usually C:/ . The "desktop" is really just another folder buried within Windows at C:/Users/$YourUserName/Desktop . Unless you really want to mess around with it, you don't need to worry about them.