PDA

View Full Version : range today

okcafe86
09-24-2014, 07:16 PM
I shot some of my first cast boolits today. Some 9mm 126 gr LRN made from clip on WWs. No keyholing, all functioned flawlessly and were probably more accurate than any factory ammo I've shot. Very minimal leading. I can hardly believe I can make high quality ammo for PENNIES. I'm surprised the barry darr lube I made worked as well as it did.

pworley1
09-24-2014, 07:19 PM
You're hooked now.

Tatume
09-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Good job, keep up the good work.

wyrmzr
09-24-2014, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the dark side. It's all downhill from here.

DeanWinchester
09-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Pennies? PENNINES!?!

HA!

Come back in a year or two and we'll talk pennines once you've had time to really get into it. Custom molds need custom sizers which needs another Mdie which needs another this and another that.....You're probably thinking this mold will do it....but it won't. Neither will the next 15 molds you buy. Once you get "lead poisoning" you can't help yourself.

You're screwed dude but we have a lot fun!
Kudos on your first ones. Feels pretty sweet, yeah?

35 shooter
09-24-2014, 09:12 PM
Yep! That's how it starts. Congrats, i know how it feels and it is sweet. I haven't fired another jacketed bullet since coming here a year ago. Nothing against em...just don't need em!

OptimusPanda
09-24-2014, 09:35 PM
It's a strange kind of satisfying when you take molten metal, pour it into a mold, lube, size, and load. Then to utter amazement have them shoot as good or better than any jacketed handload you had previously made.

Garyshome
09-24-2014, 10:42 PM
Congrads!

Cherokee
09-24-2014, 10:46 PM
"I made that ammo"....a great feeling when it all works out and you see good results.

Bzcraig
09-24-2014, 11:09 PM
Pennies? PENNINES!?!

HA!

Come back in a year or two and we'll talk pennines once you've had time to really get into it. Custom molds need custom sizers which needs another Mdie which needs another this and another that.....You're probably thinking this mold will do it....but it won't. Neither will the next 15 molds you buy. Once you get "lead poisoning" you can't help yourself.

You're screwed dude but we have a lot fun!
Kudos on your first ones. Feels pretty sweet, yeah?

And after all that you will have become delusional and still think you are saving money!

62chevy
09-24-2014, 11:11 PM
All last year only had one mold and had no problems with that. Spring hit and just had to get 4 more and ya more lead to cast all those boolits. [smilie=w:

Welcome to the addiction !!!