PDA

View Full Version : Need help! 50c/lb type metal in Gastport NY

Trez Hensley
02-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Hey there guys,
I have a lead on a print shop that is closing out all of its type metal. The owner says he has about a ton of various alloy-- linotype, monotype, foundry type. My problem is that I live in Oregon. He wants to sell it at 50c/lb if somone picks up the whole batch from his shop. I'm a bit short on funds and again I'm on the other side of the 48. We have two local guys in that area from our group that were interested but they only want a smaller quantity. I need a collector!

Is there anyone in or near Gasport that would want to pick this much up and then ship me a portion. I can afford about half. We can split it up 50-50 or....???whatever works best. I hate to pass up on the batch.

He said that he would ship a smaller batch to me but I hate to see the rest get sold to a scrap man and this gentleman has been very nice. I'd like to help him also so that he doesn't have to deal with the weight himself. It's a great deal and will help him to "have it out of here". He's thinking about moving.

Please let me know soon as he wants it removed.

Post here or E-mail me
trezandjolie@yahoo.com

Trez Hensley
02-02-2008, 07:12 PM
bump to the top

Trez Hensley
02-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Anyone??

mroliver77
02-03-2008, 01:04 PM
I am in ohio but it is still too fat to drive my 1 ton Ford It would be $10 lb by the time I got it home. Wish I could help
J

Trez Hensley
02-03-2008, 01:54 PM
I checked freight costs on the whole batch and found it was $2700 not including the price of the lead:groner: :groner:

USPS one rate boxes are much cheaper but 40 one rate boxes full? It's a bit much to ask.

fecmech
02-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Yikes--I just got back from a cruise and I live in Gasport maybe we can work something out. I could use some lino myself but I don't need that much. PM me and we'll talk. Nick