PDA

View Full Version : problem with paypal?

shaune1022
09-23-2014, 02:39 PM
I know, I know, using PP was my first mistake. I almost always use a USPS MO but this time I was feeling lazy. To get back on track here is my concern.

I bought some stuff online and the fellow requested PP, I sent the funds then a PM with shipping details. Next I here from the gentleman that PP is holding the funds and that I need to go to PP and click "transaction complete" to release the money to him. Is this standard practice or if I do as he asks does this make any resolve with PP void? I would like the guy to get his money but on the flip side I would like to get what I paid for.

Any one experienced this, any suggestions, or is this norm for paypal?

Thanks in advance, Shaune

MrWolf
09-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Did you receive the goods? If not, I would be leary of completeing the transaction as to me thst means you got what you paid for. No idea if it means anything else in Paypal lingo.

Alvarez Kelly
09-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Yes. I have advice. Do NOT do anything until you have received the merchandise. You have paid. Now it's the sellers turn. It may be legit, but it smells a lot like a scam. Once you tell paypal the transaction is complete, you have no recourse.

Smoke4320
09-23-2014, 02:47 PM
I can only speak for myself .. but I get paypal payments daily .. never have I needed a customer to Click "Transaction complete"..
If they do their part and finish the payment all I have to do is hit withdraw.. Usually takes 3 to 4 days to actually see the payment show up in my account

seaboltm
09-23-2014, 02:48 PM
You probably used the "pay after delivery" option. The seller may not like that idea since he has to ship before having the money in hand. Puts both of you in an interesting dilemma.

WallyM3
09-23-2014, 02:54 PM
There are a number of reasons P/P might be holding the funds in suspension. If the seller has a eBray account with little or no feedback (or poor feedback), they may freeze the funds until you provide a positive indication that the transaction has been fulfilled. If sent as a "gift", eBray may be screening to limit being scammed of their commission. From this distance, I can't tell much, but look in the list of your funds sent in your P/P acc't. If the correct amount has been sent to the seller, you've completed your part. The seller has to determine why the funds are being held, not you.

ReloaderEd
09-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Stay away from PayPal as much as you can. They will process a lot of credit cards with no cost to the purcaser. I had bad experiences with them on ebay and had a hard time cancelling my account. Be safe!