PDA

View Full Version : So much for the do not call list

DCP
09-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Rachel from (card services) just called my home phone.
But callerID said it me and my phone # .
1st time this happen this way
This is getting out of hand.

So much for the do not call list

shooter93
09-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Seems to take a long time to reach it's full effect and it does expire so you need to renew. I started getting more of the unwanted calls so I listed our numbers again and it's been slowly lessening.

DCP
09-20-2014, 07:12 PM
Seems to take a long time to reach it's full effect and it does expire so you need to renew. I started getting more of the unwanted calls so I listed our numbers again and it's been slowly lessening.

Looks like I registered 6 yrs. ago and it still good.

And they used my own phone # because it comes in on my caller ID.

Thank you for registering your phone number with the National Do Not Call Registry. You successfully registered your phone number ending in xxxx on July 01, 2008. Most telemarketers will be required to stop calling you 31 days from your registration date

cbrick
09-20-2014, 07:43 PM
In addition to expiring & needing to be renewed the do not call list is a federal plan and does not effect calls from within your state.

Rick

500MAG
09-20-2014, 07:48 PM
Back in the 80's, my mother use to get up each morning at 4am to go to work. One night around 9pm someone calls to sell magazine subscriptions. Mom tells her if she will give her the number she would call back when it's convenient and order some magazines. 4am my mom calls her and says " it's convenient now would you like to sell me some magazines?" The lady hung up.

DCP
09-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007[edit (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=National_Do_Not_Call_Registry&action=edit&section=7)]On February 15, 2008, U.S. President George W. Bush signed into law the H.R Bill 3541: Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007. Two major changes were enacted through this law:

While originally required to renew their phone numbers every five years, consumers need now only register once to maintain their phone numbers on the Do Not Call Registry.
The frequency with which the FTC must purge the registry of disconnected and reassigned numbers has also been increased to several times a month. However, the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act prohibits removing numbers from the do-not-call registry unless the number is invalid, disconnected, or reassigned; or the individual to whom the number is assigned so requests.[17] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Do_Not_Call_Registry#cite_note-17)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Do_Not_Call_Registry

Houndog
09-20-2014, 08:08 PM
That b--ch Rachel from credit card services used to call here several times a week untill I filed a formal complaint with the FCC and FTC. I havn't got a call from credit card services in a LONG while and hope I never do again.

texassako
09-20-2014, 08:10 PM
Off shore telemarketers and caller id spoofing have pretty much ended the usefulness of the do not call list. We get several calls a day for various services. Looked up a couple of numbers and it is usually some random number not related to the company calling. One guy in San Antonio had an old voicemail number being used for 20 million calls a day by Indian telemarketers last year. Sign up on nomorobo.com if you can, we cannot with Suddenlink. They won a government grant to try to stop the robo calls; so they are legit.

azrednek
09-20-2014, 08:20 PM
I use the call-blocking service to block calls showing my number on the caller ID. I found the Howard Stern method some what effective in reducing the number of calls before the do not call law was enacted. Just think and say some of the filthiest most perverted things you can imagine gets your number on a list of do not call wackos. Today all my land-line calls are filtered through an answering machine.

DCP
09-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Off shore telemarketers and caller id spoofing have pretty much ended the usefulness of the do not call list. We get several calls a day for various services. Looked up a couple of numbers and it is usually some random number not related to the company calling. One guy in San Antonio had an old voicemail number being used for 20 million calls a day by Indian telemarketers last year. Sign up on nomorobo.com if you can, we cannot with Suddenlink. They won a government grant to try to stop the robo calls; so they are legit.

Thanks but no go for me

Sorry! None of your carriers currently support Nomorobo. But there is something that you can do!
Please call the customer service number below and request that they add Simultaneous Ringing to their service so you can finally stop getting robocalls. The more people that call them, the better.
AT&T (Traditional Landline) Customer Service1-800-288-2020

country gent
09-20-2014, 08:34 PM
he do not call list is barley useful as the politicals that enacted it exempted charities and political groups from it. During a presidential election year I can get 8-10 calls a day from the to parties cantidates and orginizations. For me it is an issue getting to the phone and not answering it isnt an option as Im a single parent. I was getting 2 calls a day 3 times a week from "Rachel" for awhile and I dont have any credit cards LOL. I did talk to the local prosecutor last presidential election about filing harrassment charges against bot the Republican National party and Democratic National Party. I was getting 8-10 calls a day starting at 8:30 and finally letting up around 9:00 at night. When my wife was alive she handed me the phone ( I was just getting into bed getting home from midnight shift) thinking it was a club member. Telemarketer I ask her What color undergarments are you wearing and she hung up on me. No they are almost all recorded calls.

koehn,jim
09-20-2014, 08:43 PM
I started telling them that the person had moved and I was renting, calls have just about stopped.

DeanWinchester
09-20-2014, 08:48 PM
I wanna know how the telemarketers are bouncing numbers off of other numbers. I get calls and the caller ID says they are local numbers, some i even know. You call that number back and the people don't even know what's going on.
No lie fellas, my brother in law got a call the other day and the caller ID showed his own name and number! He said when he saw that, he HAD to answer the call and talk to them! Ended up giving them a good cussing and they hung up on him.

I don't know the law but it HAS TO BE illegal to bounce numbers like that.

DeanWinchester
09-20-2014, 08:51 PM
I started telling them that the person had moved and I was renting, calls have just about stopped.

When there's actually a flesh and blood on the line, I tell them the person they are looking for is dead. If they offer condolences I usually tell them "Don't be sorry, we're all glad he's dead around here, we hated the essohhbee."
I know it ain't right but they usually stop calling from that particular number.

dragon813gt
09-20-2014, 09:42 PM
I wanna know how the telemarketers are bouncing numbers off of other numbers. I get calls and the caller ID says they are local numbers, some i even know. You call that number back and the people don't even know what's going on.
No lie fellas, my brother in law got a call the other day and the caller ID showed his own name and number! He said when he saw that, he HAD to answer the call and talk to them! Ended up giving them a good cussing and they hung up on him.

I don't know the law but it HAS TO BE illegal to bounce numbers like that.

I can spoof numbers on my iPhone. They're really simple programs. Pretty much nothing can stop it. I don't understand why people answer numbers they don't recognize. If it's important then they will leave a message. If you're getting a call from your own number you know it's a telemarketer.

DeanWinchester
09-20-2014, 09:47 PM
Right, but I'm getting telemarketers from local numbers, many of which are good customers of mine.

dragon813gt
09-20-2014, 10:00 PM
They aren't coming from there. They're faking the caller ID. It's how all the calls from India look like they're from here. They've just managed to step their game up and are using a program to use local numbers. You're more inclined to pick up because of this.

lefty o
09-20-2014, 10:18 PM
the whole problem is that the phone companies are in cahoots with the telemarketers. 15 years ago the day i moved into my house, been in about 2 hours hadnt even given the phone # to my family yet. guess who calls, asking for me by name.....you got it, rachael from credit card services. there is only 1 possible way that could happen, and that is the phone company sold them my info.

nvbirdman
09-20-2014, 10:55 PM
When I get the calls I tend to grunt a lot.
"May I speak to John Doe?" grunt "How are you today Mr. Doe?" grunt "I have a wonderful deal for you today Mr. Doe." grunt
They finally give up.

MaryB
09-20-2014, 10:58 PM
I made a recording using the anonymous voice that is computer generated "we have hacked your system, we know where you are, random emplyee cars will explode when started" calls quit after the first 3 or 4

LUBEDUDE
09-20-2014, 11:01 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/20/fb74213944038fb7d493a4ab9937ab60.jpg

Hello, this is customer service ........

Duckiller
09-21-2014, 01:51 AM
I get lots of contractor calls. Many deny that there is a "No call List". If the FTC would prosecute them I think the calls would stop. I tell them I don't deal with idiots that can't read. Then we get into a cursing match or they hang up. Had one idiot call me back and his actual number appeared on my caller ID. Had the cops call his boss. Don't know if he lost his job or not. Don't care. He didn't call back. May start using signaling horns to stop or slow these calls down.

wallenba
09-21-2014, 02:09 AM
I'm on the list too. It doesn't work for me. Caller I.D's like, 'private' and 'unlisted', names and area codes I don't know. Irritating. Sometimes they ask for me by name, when I'm feeling nasty, I say I'll get him. Then just put the handset down and wait for them to catch on. My personel code is, I don't do business with cold callers or door knockers. If they have to go hunting for business, something is wrong with their product or services.

MaryB
09-21-2014, 03:36 AM
Had one a few minutes ago, phone number was 82... i had to see what scam it was this time. Call claiming my MasterCard had a problem and I needed to enter the card number and my social security number to fix it. I kept entering bogus numbers, always changing the last digit back and forth until a human answered. Had a middle east accent and asked for the same so I gave him the fake card number and fake social security number. He then asked for the 800 number from the back of the card so I gave a real one to him. He proceeded to call MasterCard, told them the bogus card number and social security number and said they had to verify it. Mastercard told him it did not exist and the social security number was also non existent, he started swearing at me and I just laughed. Tied him up for 35 minutes which meant he could not be calling out to try to scam someone else. I told him that one of our marines will be by to settle his account, and that during this entire time I had the number traced(I lied but...) he just swearing even louder in some Arabic language and was hollering at someone else in the background. I laughed even more and hung up.

Cost me nothing to mess with his head, I was just watching a movie on TV I have seen 20 times already. But it kept a scammer from preying on more people in that same time frame so it was well worth it!

9.3X62AL
09-21-2014, 04:33 AM
Live callers of this sort often get a whistle burst or air horn experience to dissuade their intrusions. Mostly, I ignore unknown numbers--but when bored I'll process one or two of the cretins just to keep a hand in.

marvelshooter
09-21-2014, 05:56 AM
A lot of times the call is placed by a computer that waits to see if it is answered before transferring it to a salesperson. If it is quiet enough in the house I pick up the phone and don't say anything. If I don't speak within just a few seconds the call ends and the computer tries another number.

jonp
09-21-2014, 06:33 AM
Do not call's help but not if someone gives them your number. I had a young lady named "anita" inquire about Strayer University and start the app for financial aid. She picked a phone number out of the air for some reason and it happened to be mine. For a couple of months I got calls from all over the country asking for her. My android let's me block numbers and combined with "is this a sick joke? She died in a car crash last week" or some of the filthiest stuff you can imagine they stopped. I also do not answer any call I don't recognize. If you answer even just to immediatly hang up it registers as a valid number and they will keep calling.
It is important that if you do answer the phone and there is a pause while the computer transfers to a live person to hang up before a live person comes on the line

cdngunner
09-21-2014, 07:31 AM
From what I have read, any business can buy a copy of the do not call list.

This gives telemarketers a verified list of valid phone numbers.

Do some research.

6bg6ga
09-21-2014, 07:45 AM
I'm sure were all registered and its done no good. Even the NRA calls to re up the subscription. Caller ID shows my name and number. Political calls are exempt. Gone are the days of respect and consideration.

Simple answer... you name shows up pick up the phone and then hang up....seems to work. Political calls I just tell them I won't vote for that SOB....no more calls. I've found they don't listen to "I'm on a do not call list" Take me off your calling list" simple logic doesn't work. The last guy I told not to call me again because I'm on a do not call list promply told me to kiss his ba**s.

Hickory
09-21-2014, 08:13 AM
I keep it simple, if I get a call on my cell phone and there is no name with the number, I will not answer it.

country gent
09-21-2014, 08:26 AM
Since these are computer generated and answered seems like the correct series of tones could shut them down at each call when the recording was played. The computers are "listening" for an answer so would it get through and work?

dragon813gt
09-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Don't ever tell them your name or say yes when they ask for you by name. I tend to google the numbers because they rarely call just once. They seem to come in waves. I never bothered w/ the do not call list and I probably get less calls then those on it. I might get one or two calls a month. If you don't recognize the number then don't answer. Older people seem to have a problem doing this. It's common practice for people my age. To the point where if you get a new number getting friends to answer can take multiple texts/voicemails/days :laugh:

6bg6ga
09-21-2014, 08:49 AM
I think Hickory's logic is sound. On cell phone calls he simply doesn't answer. Why not use his logic and apply it to land line calls?

cbrick
09-21-2014, 08:50 AM
I've heard of but don't really know that there is a device that plays the fax number screeching sounds when you pick up. Makes the computer generated calls think it's a fax number not a voice line and they remove your number from their list. If there is such a device I would sure like to get it, I get anywhere from 5-8 telemarketers a day so I never pick up a number I don't recognize, if it's someone I do know they will leave a message, telemarketers never do. It's 7:30 AM Sunday morning and I've had one such call already today.

For those of you younger than 65 your in for a real treat once you reach 65 and Medicare age. Every insurance company in the country (there must be hundreds of them) will call repeatedly to inform you that you simply must buy THEIR supplement insurance.

I've found the do not call list to be useless much like everything else the gubment comes up with. Has anyone ever heard of any telemarketers being fined or otherwise punished for violating the list? I haven't.

Rick

MrWolf
09-21-2014, 09:34 AM
I think Hickory's logic is sound. On cell phone calls he simply doesn't answer. Why not use his logic and apply it to land line calls?

Or do like we did and drop your landline. Been nice the last few months not getting a lot of bogus calls. Probably start getting them on cell phone but caller id is right there so you know who is calling.

DCP
09-21-2014, 10:48 AM

That's what I used to do now they are leaving messages on the darn answering machine. Plus when I saw I was calling me I wanted to know WHO it was.

The next time they call I going to yell the wife if she cant take care of baby and or dog better than she is. I will put a bullet in her head. Have her plead for her life. Then fire a 38 with just the primer. And just hope they call 911. (Then I will have them)

Now for some reason I cant get the wife to stop laughing.

mold maker
09-21-2014, 11:04 AM
My TV, phone, and internet supplier, displays the caller ID on my TV screen. Keeps me from having to get up to answer unknowns.

cbrick
09-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Plus when I saw I was calling me I wanted to know WHO it was.

When I see that it's me calling me I'm very curious what it is that I want but I never leave me a message, I just keep calling me which leaves me even more curious what it is that I want to talk about. Maybe before the next time I call me I could jot down a note about what I want so when I don't leave me a message I'll have some idea of what I want. I keep calling me so I must want something.

Bottom line about the telemarketers is that there has to be a fair number of people doing business/getting scammed by these people to make it profitable. If they weren't making money doing it the whole thing would dry up and go away, since it is on the rise and not going away it speaks volumes about how many people there must be that let themselves get suckered in.

Rick

Mike in TX
09-21-2014, 04:35 PM
I once told the tele caller that I was a detective with the local police department and that the person they wanted was laying at my feet DEAD. I asked for his name, his employer and employee number. He stammered and I loudly asked him for his supervisor NOW. I told him that he is a person of interest in the murder because of the timing of the call. CLICK coward and that company never called back, never heard about that bogus account again.

mold maker
09-21-2014, 04:42 PM
I tell them "It is my Crazy Sister they are asking for", and as soon as I untie her they are welcome to discuss what ever it is, but they will be held responsible for what ever happens.
CLICK!!!

ProfGAB101
09-21-2014, 04:56 PM
hmm someone needs to make an app that can start playing modem static so that it appears they have reached a FAX machine.

cbrick
09-21-2014, 05:07 PM
hmm someone needs to make an app that can start playing modem static so that it appears they have reached a FAX machine.

Good idea, just like in post #34. :mrgreen:

Rick

Garyshome
09-21-2014, 08:05 PM
Pick up the phone and just don't say anything.

ProfGAB101
09-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Good idea, just like in post #34. :mrgreen:

Rick I understood #34 to be a stand alone device you would play into your home hardwired phone.

Since I and many other people have long since abandoned hardlines years ago ( I ditched mine about 1996 ) I was looking forward to a integrated option, just an app button on my smartphone. I have to carry enough junk around without needing an extra unit to spoof FAX machines.

Oh yeah - before most people were aware of the term "broadband" I had dual ISDN data lines running into my home. When idiots who could not comprehend the fact that I truly did not have a (voice) phone # and they insisted I give them a number I would finally give them the ISDN number. I wonder how many times they tried calling only to get an endless busy signal. Best part was if they searched for phone# by address the ISDN numbers also showed up as valid numbers.

I went to a VOIP system about 2000, and any unsolicited call was answered with my business info - I identified that they had called a consulting hotline with a $25.00 initial fee plus $1.50 per minute, please provide your billing account number...

cbrick
09-21-2014, 08:42 PM
Since I and many other people have long since abandoned hardlines years ago ( I ditched mine about 1996 ) ...

I did it the other way. Once I retired I fired the leash (cell phone comp), took off the watch and buried the alarm clock on the closet shelf. Have only a land line now, life is good. :mrgreen: Well, except for the d*mn telemarketers. :-?

Rick

wallenba
09-21-2014, 10:42 PM
What the FCC and phone companies should do, is lobby on behalf of phone users for a new law. This law would mandate that each phone solicitor be registered with the FCC, and every recipient of their calls have a dollar per call subtracted from their phone bills, paid for by the solicitor. I'd answer every call.

MaryB
09-21-2014, 11:11 PM
They need to ban caller ID spoofing and make the fine $250,000 per call.

FTC has taken down a couple of the Card Services scammers and ran them out of business. One guy paid the fine and did it again from the same location, he is serving time last I heard.

TXGunNut
09-22-2014, 12:28 AM
Caller ID is my friend, I seldom answer calls I don't recognize on my cell (only) phone. If it's a telemarketer I just let them hear an evil laugh, then I tell them they have NO idea who they just called. Next sound from their end is a click.

cbrick
09-22-2014, 06:38 AM
What the FCC and phone companies should do, is lobby on behalf of phone users for a new law. This law would mandate that each phone solicitor be registered with the FCC, and every recipient of their calls have a dollar per call subtracted from their phone bills, paid for by the solicitor. I'd answer every call.

I like that idea. A lot! I get 7-8 calls a day but if I round it off to 5 a day, 5 days a week 4 weeks that's 100 calls a month. My phone bill is a flat $25 a month for unlimited calling therefore the telemarketers OWE ME $75 a month. Yep, I would not only answer the calls I'd sit and chat with them a little. :mrgreen:

Actually the calls have slacked off some, they peaked as I neared and reached 65 but now I'm nearly 66 so I guess most of the insurance companies figure by now I was already suckered in by another supplemental insurance company.

I get constant calls from an area code in the Florida Keys, several a day for months. No name on the caller ID, just a phone number so one day I answered the call and it went like this: Press 1 for English, promptly a guy comes on the phone and asks for Richard. Me: What do you want? The guy: I need to speak with Richard. Me: What do you want? The guy: I need to speak with Richard. Me: What do you want? The guy: I need you to verify that your Richard. Me: What do you want" The Guy: I need you to verify that your Richard, what is your SSA number? Me: After a good belly laugh, verify who you are and tell me what you want. The guy: What I want is for you to verify that your Richard. Me: Who are you and what do you want? What I want is to finish this call so I can get the recording of it and your caller ID number sent to the FCC. Click.

Did no good though, wasn't a half hour before they called again and they are still calling.

Rick

ncbearman
09-22-2014, 08:38 AM
People, People, People...............the answer is an answering machine with the volume turned off. I have erased 2 minute messages without hearing a word.

cbrick
09-22-2014, 10:06 AM
People, People, People...............the answer is an answering machine with the volume turned off. I have erased 2 minute messages without hearing a word.

Since it's extremely rare for a telemarketer to leave a message there is nothing to hear, nothing to record, nothing to delete. Unless you turn off the ringer on your phone and miss all calls what good would a "mute" button do?

Rick

parson48
09-22-2014, 10:39 AM
We began using Ooma phone service over a year ago. It works as well as anything that we have ever had, Not only do we save a lot of money, but they block all known telemarketing calls, and you can add any numbers to the block list.

I'd recommend their service to anyone. Google for info.

DCP
09-22-2014, 11:04 AM
Since it's extremely rare for a telemarketer to leave a message there is nothing to hear, nothing to record, nothing to delete. Unless you turn off the ringer on your phone and miss all calls what good would a "mute" button do?

Rick

Rick

They leave a message all the time here. So most of the time they just eat up your time allotted for real messages. I have cut the message time to 30 sec. But its still a pain in the rear.

ncbearman
09-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Rick

They leave a message all the time here. So most of the time they just eat up your time allotted for real messages. I have cut the message time to 30 sec. But its still a pain in the rear.

True statement. Same here. But at least we can hit the delete button very quickly. Any calls I get now that are worth the salt are on my personal cell phone anyway.

jonp
09-23-2014, 09:52 AM
I once told the tele caller that I was a detective with the local police department and that the person they wanted was laying at my feet DEAD. I asked for his name, his employer and employee number. He stammered and I loudly asked him for his supervisor NOW. I told him that he is a person of interest in the murder because of the timing of the call. CLICK coward and that company never called back, never heard about that bogus account again.
I did a variation of that replying this is detective xxx and this was an active murder scene who exactly is calling this number.

Rufus Krile
09-23-2014, 02:31 PM
Had a series of robo-calls... one after the other about 20 seconds apart. Finally gave up and pushed "1" to talk to a real person since it wasn't going away. Bobby came on the line to tell me of the joys of joining... After I gave him the language and instructions of sergeant stripes and then 40 years in the oilfield, in the parlance of each, he seemed most offended and told me I couldn't talk to him like that. Of course, that in itself was a mistake and after round 2 all he could muster was a splutter. I told him I was through with him... "to pull up your panties and let me talk to your supervisor..." and he assured me that was NEXT on the agenda. Phone rang and rang. Supervisor wanted no part of ol' Rufus. I receive no further calls... now they ask for my wife. It was the NRA.

DCP
09-23-2014, 04:50 PM
Had a series of robo-calls... one after the other about 20 seconds apart. Finally gave up and pushed "1" to talk to a real person since it wasn't going away. Bobby came on the line to tell me of the joys of joining... After I gave him the language and instructions of sergeant stripes and then 40 years in the oilfield, in the parlance of each, he seemed most offended and told me I couldn't talk to him like that. Of course, that in itself was a mistake and after round 2 all he could muster was a splutter. I told him I was through with him... "to pull up your panties and let me talk to your supervisor..." and he assured me that was NEXT on the agenda. Phone rang and rang. Supervisor wanted no part of ol' Rufus. I receive no further calls... now they ask for my wife. It was the NRA.

Anyone else think this maybe a troll

cbrick
09-23-2014, 07:31 PM
Rick They leave a message all the time here. So most of the time they just eat up your time allotted for real messages. I have cut the message time to 30 sec. But its still a pain in the rear.

Not here, I can't even remember the last time one left a message. Most are just a number on caller ID & never with a name, some it's my own phone number and some there isn't even a number, caller ID says only "Out of area".

Rick

cbrick
09-23-2014, 07:34 PM
It was the NRA.

Ya think? :mrgreen: Evil NRA, evil I tell ya. :veryconfu

Rick

Rufus Krile
09-24-2014, 01:41 PM
DCP... I'm no troll. Sorry if it came off that way but I really get tired of continuing phone-poop. In this case, I received 5 separate automatic phone calls... one right after the other.... and got a little bit tired of it. I pay for 6 memberships in NRA and contribute to ILA once a year... I don't need any harassment from some machine OR staffer about doing more. If what I said about the NRA is upsetting you, as a life member, I can't help it. Lapierre needs to get out of the limousine and see what's going on in his organization.

compass will
09-24-2014, 01:51 PM
The original posters incoming call was someone trying to steal info in an attempt to rob him. (No credit card company is going to spoof caller ID) That caller don't give a **** about the do not call listed

lead-1
09-24-2014, 02:22 PM
The NRA gun rights organization gets a lot of flack for the NRA (National Recovery Associates). Yes the NRA will call about joining and pushing certain candidates but the Recovery group tries to badger people into paying bill that aren't owed.
I have been told that my credit card can be paid up to date by paying "X" amount or some hospital will settle for a certain amount, when I tell them they have the wrong person and don't have those accounts then one lady told me that I could help someone by paying their bill. CLICK!

I get three to four calls a day from these folks and when I google the number it shows the "recovery" group but in the reports posted, about half the folks are really upset with the "gun" group, complaining about how worthless they are and it's not even the "gun" group calling.

cbrick
09-24-2014, 02:31 PM
The NRA gun rights organization gets a lot of flack for the NRA (National Recovery Associates). Yes the NRA will call about joining and pushing certain candidates but the Recovery group tries to badger people into paying bill that aren't owed.
I have been told that my credit card can be paid up to date by paying "X" amount or some hospital will settle for a certain amount, when I tell them they have the wrong person and don't have those accounts then one lady told me that I could help someone by paying their bill. CLICK!

I get three to four calls a day from these folks and when I google the number it shows the "recovery" group but in the reports posted, about half the folks are really upset with the "gun" group, complaining about how worthless they are and it's not even the "gun" group calling.

Well that's interesting, I've never heard of those people but that's certainly something to keep in mind.

Rick

lead-1
09-24-2014, 03:50 PM
As a matter of fact, at 3:34 pm I received a call from the recovery group number and a quick search shows about 3 of 5 folks giving the gun group the riot act. My cell phone shows a number and our caller id used to show NRA as the recovery group name, I think these people should have to properly identify themselves and be fined for their hoodwinking tactics.

Blacksmith
09-25-2014, 03:56 AM
I tell the politicians that anyone who will not make the effort to check the do not call list, even if they are legally exempt, certainly does not care about what I as a voter want and won't get my vote. I also tell them I keep a piece of paper by the telephone titled my Do Not Vote For List, if they do not check the Do Not Call List they will end up on my list. I have even shown my list to poll workers and said sorry I can't vote for your candidate he is on my list.

If enough people do that they will get the message, one lost vote per call.