PDA

View Full Version : Anti-gun places

abunaitoo
09-18-2014, 02:23 PM
Target, Jack in the Box, Starbucks, Panera Breads and others have banned customers from bringing firearms, where CCW or Open carry are allowed, into their shops.
I didn't know Jack in the Box had that policy.
I like their food.
Even though we don't have CCW here, I will NOT eat there anymore.
I did send them a Email about this. Will post if I get an answer.
Probably be the same BS response Target came out with.

I think it would be helpful to have a list of these anti-gun places posted.
It would help to know where NOT to go to give money to these anti-gun fanatics.

starmac
09-18-2014, 02:54 PM
I don't do business with those anyway, so no loss. I have only ever been to a starbucks once, and didn't care for their coffee, but my take is they didn't ban guns, they banned idiots. As far as I know you can still carry concealed there even with their blessing, just no fondling your ar or riot shotgun.

garym1a2
09-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Add to the list many local gun shops that have signs posted on the door for no loaded guns on premise. same for all gun shows!.

xtphreak
09-18-2014, 03:04 PM
Panera & starbucks didn't "ban" carry.
They ASKED /REQUESTED no open carry.
Not posted as guns not allowed.
You're listening to the MSM & not reading the official statements

http://www.starbucks.com/blog/an-open-letter-from-howard-schultz-ceo-of-starbucks-coffee-company/1268

Couldn't find an official statement for panera

"....
The company first announced the decision during a CNBC interview with Panera CEO Ron Shaich. He said during the interview that the company would not post anti-gun signs in its stores or require employees to confront gun owners. ..."

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101979812

M-Tecs
09-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Same for Target. Most allowed open carry until the AK47 crowd started open carry rallies at the stores.

ShooterAZ
09-18-2014, 03:18 PM
One of our local gun shops has a sign out front that reads "Please unload gun and remove ski mask before entering".

SSGOldfart
09-18-2014, 03:46 PM
I've carried in Target last weekend nothing posted at the Lufkin Texas store???? first and last time I'll shop their anyways:veryconfu

2wheelDuke
09-18-2014, 07:58 PM
I noticed a "No Firearms" sign at a Goodyear tire shop a few days ago when I was getting tires on the company car. I should upload the pic from my cell phone so I can post it.

g.man10mm
09-18-2014, 08:23 PM
It seems that many franchises/chains leave the decision to the local management. We had several national chains post "the sign" here. I assume it was based on 1 or 2 complaints, because almost every single one reversed it after numerous calls, in-person discussions, letters, etc. explaining how many people would be voting with their wallets. It might we worthwhile to engage with local management.

Springfield
09-18-2014, 08:30 PM
Funny, my Goodyear tire store had the same decal in the window. Must be a corporate thing as Concealed Carry is pretty much non-existent in this county and most surrounding counties. I got a chuckle out of it as I must have pulled 3 tons of Wheelweights out of there before California banned lead weights.

starmac
09-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Target gave me reason enough to never darken their doors, way before cc started getting popular.

crowbuster
09-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Well. I have a long list of banned by me business's. And i'm pigheaded enough to stick to it. Friend of mine frequints a few of those places, well they wont even know im carryin. Dude, thay aint even the dang point !

jaysouth
09-18-2014, 10:02 PM
Target, Jack in the Box, Starbucks, Panera Breads and others have banned customers from bringing firearms, where CCW or Open carry are allowed, into their shops.
I didn't know Jack in the Box had that policy.
I like their food.
Even though we don't have CCW here, I will NOT eat there anymore.
I did send them a Email about this. Will post if I get an answer.
Probably be the same BS response Target came out with.

I think it would be helpful to have a list of these anti-gun places posted.
It would help to know where NOT to go to give money to these anti-gun fanatics.

Where did you get your information? None of these stores have posted any signs.

With regards to Starbucks, they bucked the anti-gun's demands to make their shops "gun free". If the coffee were to my tastes, I would patronize them as much as possible for standing up for 2A.

TXGunNut
09-18-2014, 10:36 PM
Target gave me reason enough to never darken their doors, way before cc started getting popular.

Same here, Target doesn't have anything I want. I don't go to the other stores anyway so no biggie. I avoid gun free zones, many events over the last several years have proven how dangerous they can be.

firefly1957
09-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Sometimes the news lies about things sometimes not if the store has the no weapons allowed sign they do not need my business.

MaryB
09-20-2014, 12:24 AM
Target did NOT ban guns. They released a statement saying they were not posting signs but were asking people to please not open carry.

Duckiller
09-20-2014, 12:34 AM
Thank You Mary!

abunaitoo
09-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Read it on MSM and Yahoo news.

Another story I read, is that soon after Jack-in-the-box came out with it ban, a few shops got robbed at gun point.
Seems to me, that be announcing publicly that a shop is a no-gun zone, all the kooks will know it's safe to rob the place.

As far as Target goes, I remember reading that after their announcement, they got so much negative response, that they back peddled and changed it to a suggestion and not a policy.

Boyscout
09-21-2014, 04:25 PM
The indoor gun range I belong to does not allow loaded guns outside the range itself. I asked why and they told me that in the event they had an incident it would be too difficult to determine who was who.

On a similar note I saw a young may doing open carry in a Wal-Mart Grocery store last week; I over heard him saying and laughing with his friends that he liked to get people excited, expecially poe-leece. He was wearing a belt holster with a large semi-auto mid-way between his knees and his crotch. It would be interesting to see what would happen to his pants if he needed to draw his gun. I don't think he could have kept them on without holding on.

Most of the open carry I have seen around here has been morons making a statement to the detriment of the rest of us. Seems to me that concealed makes more sense. Even with situational awareness, I don't think most of us could get the drop on a criminal without the element of suprise that CCW brings.

Artful
09-21-2014, 04:41 PM
This might help

http://friendorfoe.us/

Welcome to the Friend or Foe web site. This site serves the gun owner community by listing the experiences people have while out and about carrying a firearm for self protection. Individuals across the country use the site to share experiences visiting various places of business for the benefit of the entire gun owner community. Gun owners who Open Carry (http://opencarry.org/) are especially encouraged to share their experiences as they are obviously more inclined to get a genuine feel for whether gun owners are welcome at the establishment. Those who prefer to carry concealed can help by adding ratings for businesses that they know are friendly or unfriendly, and also by adding ratings for places that are posted with “no guns” or “no weapons” signage.
If you are a gun owner, consider sharing the experiences you have while carrying with those that live nearby. Simply click on the Map (http://friendorfoe.us/map/) menu item above, and you might find others have already added some ratings in your area. If not, use the Add Rating (http://friendorfoe.us/addrating/) link to quickly add your experiences with local businesses in your area.

http://vacps.org/nra-anti-gun-supporters

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayors_Against_Illegal_Guns

MaryB
09-21-2014, 11:24 PM
Ran into my gun dealer in the local WalMart and stopped to talk for a bit to see if he had any new goodies I needed to go play with. This lady kept staring at his belt and I was wondering why until I notice he had his 1911 in a holster at the small of his back and his shirt had pulled up. I mentioned that he was naked and he looked at me with a what the heck look until I pointed out the old lady who hadn't moved an inch. He reached around and pulled the holster out and moved it to his side and the lady grabbed her phone and was dialing when I walked over and told her that he is a gun dealer, not a criminal! Some people are so brainwashed that they think any person with a gun is going to start shooting.

He has a 50bmg in I want to go look at, consignment and way out of my price range. Barrett M107, a rifle I would love to own and I hope he has it there until the next time I get to town.

The indoor gun range I belong to does not allow loaded guns outside the range itself. I asked why and they told me that in the event they had an incident it would be too difficult to determine who was who.

On a similar note I saw a young may doing open carry in a Wal-Mart Grocery store last week; I over heard him saying and laughing with his friends that he liked to get people excited, expecially poe-leece. He was wearing a belt holster with a large semi-auto mid-way between his knees and his crotch. It would be interesting to see what would happen to his pants if he needed to draw his gun. I don't think he could have kept them on without holding on.

Most of the open carry I have seen around here has been morons making a statement to the detriment of the rest of us. Seems to me that concealed makes more sense. Even with situational awareness, I don't think most of us could get the drop on a criminal without the element of suprise that CCW brings.

6bg6ga
09-22-2014, 06:34 AM
Our town chief of police sent letters to all businesses in town asking the owners to post the no carry sign in their windows. My boss showed me the letter and the window sticker. Its morons like the chief that need to be educated. My boss didn't post the sticker by the way.

dragon813gt
09-22-2014, 06:59 AM
Our town chief of police sent letters to all businesses in town asking the owners to post the no carry sign in their windows. My boss showed me the letter and the window sticker. Its morons like the chief that need to be educated. My boss didn't post the sticker by the way.

Should have sent it back w/ a letter explaining why he would not be putting it up. If enough businesses did then he might start to question his own motives.

dakotashooter2
09-22-2014, 03:33 PM

The way to deal with these morons is to walk up to them (in clear view) stick out your finger and say "bang your dead" pointing out to them that thier flagrant open carry has just made them a target and they are now dead before they can even lift the gun. So much for self defense.................... Sadly if they keep doing this the criminal element will figure our how to strip them of their weapons..... A hot female gang member will engage the gunholder in conversation while other gang members slip up behind and coldcock him and steal his gun.................... no thanks...I'll keep mine concealed.........

MaryB
09-23-2014, 12:47 AM
My guess is the police chief went way past his authority and I would have him in front of the next city council meeting to be fired

6bg6ga
09-23-2014, 06:23 AM
My guess is the police chief went way past his authority and I would have him in front of the next city council meeting to be fired

That is kind of an interesting matter. I guess the city council supported the chief. They also made funds available so that every squad car has a AR-15 with all the bells and whistles.

6bg6ga
09-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Should have sent it back w/ a letter explaining why he would not be putting it up. If enough businesses did then he might start to question his own motives.

This clown is always right no matter what. He will never question his own motives. Most businesses did not post the little decals with the diagnal line thru the gun.