PDA

View Full Version : Interest in T-shirts

jacobslagle018
09-16-2014, 06:10 PM
Greetings everyone. As some of you know, I have been selling vinyl decals/labels here for a few months now. I now think I have a way to make t-shirts using the decals that I have made, or even some custom ones. Before I go deep in to buying all of the shirts, vinyl, and presses I wanted to see if there is any interest in a shirt at all. I have not gotten final prices on the products so I am not 100% on what the price of a shirt would be at this time. Below is an example of what I was thinking.

To keep things simple at the start, I want to keep shirt colors and vinyl to one color. As interest grows, or if enough people want the same color of material I can add more options. To start I was going to use a black shirt with white vinyl. You could pick a design from the ones I have already made, or send me an idea for a custom design and we can develop a shirt for you. The decal would go on the back or front of the shirt, whichever you choose. In addition to that, I can put a castboolit logo on each shirt. Now in saying that, it is not the entire logo, just "castboolits" on the upper back of the shirt. (Hope to give the site a little advertisement.) Also for a slight extra cost, I could cut out your forum ID and post it on the front.

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k528/myfragis*****/exampleshirt.png (http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/myfragis*****/media/exampleshirt.png.html)

Again this is all still in the design stage and not a final idea. This could all be changed around if you prefer. I can put just castboolits on one if you dont want a design either. Just something to were out and about to show you are part of this great forum. Feel free to PM me with ideas that you would like or with things i should change. I am hoping to make these as individual as possible but still have a way to link us together. Feel free to post here with ideas as well.

There is also a poll up with how much you would be willing to pay for a shirt. This is not for me to see how much I could make, but to see if it is worth trying to buy products at this time to proceed with the project. The costs could be less depending on how much I am able to order at once.

flyingmonkey35
09-16-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm in

Love Life
09-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Mebbe without the whole melon lover saying on it.

runfiverun
09-16-2014, 06:42 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits
this is what is currently available from the site now. [as a comparison]

these are completely different and very comparable in price.
I'd probably prefer my avatar name to my member number, and a hoodie would be cool this time of year..

jacobslagle018
09-16-2014, 06:55 PM
http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits
this is what is currently available from the site now. [as a comparison]

these are completely different and very comparable in price.
I'd probably prefer my avatar name to my member number, and a hoodie would be cool this time of year..

Yeah avatar name is what I was thinking. Avatar would just not come to me at the time when i made that lol.

As for hoodies, I can look in to getting those as well. Thanks for the cafepress link.

1989toddm
09-16-2014, 07:24 PM
I had no idea we had so many CastBoolits goodies to choose from!
Jacob I would possibly be in for a hoodie and/or tshirt if you do it.

monadnock#5
09-16-2014, 08:24 PM
I like the idea, but would prefer something a little more subtle in the symbology. Instead of crossed M4's, maybe crossed Dory's instead? I believe the small change would mean the difference in relating an historically accurate statement , or getting a psch eval in the OA office.

jacobslagle018
09-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Thanks for all of the input everyone. I have other designs that you all could check out as well. The molon labe was just the first example that I pulled. Clicking the link in my signature should take you to other designs I have as well.

MaryB
09-16-2014, 10:02 PM
There is a laser heat transfer I have played with, can do some pretty intricate designs then use a heat press to transfer to a t-shirt

kungfustyle
09-17-2014, 06:05 AM
Cool Shirt. Could you make it in Olive Green and or Light Gray? Love black but gets a bit toasty on a Florida summer day.

6bg6ga
09-17-2014, 06:20 AM
might as well put a bullseye on the back if your going with a shirt and be 100% sure of being a target.

Wal'
09-17-2014, 06:30 AM
Always interested in a shirt or hoody that's unique & different, International shipping cost is always a factor for us O/S though.

Best of luck with them.

6bg6ga
09-17-2014, 06:40 AM
With the possibility of SHTF in the near future is this a good idea. When it does hit the fan we are an automatic target based on the fact we have a pro gun T-shirt on. Want another donation for the site.....just say so...

jakec
09-17-2014, 08:12 AM
id be interested in a few shirts and a hoodie. im not worried about "being a target". if the shtf just dont wear the shirt when your going on your zombie patrols. im not big on any spartan helmets or melon abe stuff though.

Mtnfolk75
09-17-2014, 11:27 AM
I would be in for 2 in 3xl, but also more interested in Olive or Tan than Black.

Edit: Also I'm good with anything $20 or < .....

dagger dog
09-17-2014, 12:47 PM
I'll go with the standard black with white lettering. I would opt out on the helmet if possible.

Most zombies speak greek but they can't read it !

enfield
09-17-2014, 08:23 PM
Y an AR ? soooooo plastic. maybe a nice Roller or if it has to be one of them magazine guns, maybe a lever action ?

GoodOlBoy
09-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Since mine has to be made by Omar the tent maker these days (yikes weight is back up) I would be willin to pay a little more. I mean heck that's alot o cotton to be usin for one shirt :p

GoodOlBoy

MaryB
09-17-2014, 09:59 PM
I would want a V neck, hate tight collars on things...

GoodOlBoy
09-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Oh yeah I agree Mary, a V neck would be better

GoodOlBoy

doc1876
09-18-2014, 10:39 PM
might as well put a bullseye on the back if your going with a shirt and be 100% sure of being a target.

I have a t-shirt with a bullseye on the front but I wear when I go to the reservation because I want to make sure the FBI doesn't wound me.

6bg6ga
09-19-2014, 06:32 AM
If TSHTF I certainly won't we wearing anything that would make me stand out from the crowd. That is why I have the idea of not making myself well known by a T-shirt which people will remember. But sence most of you want this may I suggest fluorescent pink?

doc1876
09-19-2014, 09:59 AM
I used to have a pink Challenger, and it was a chick magnet!

6bg6ga
09-19-2014, 04:53 PM
I used to have a pink Challenger, and it was a chick magnet!

I'd say a lot of us here no longer have to worry about being a chick magnet.

dlbarr
09-20-2014, 12:06 AM
I like this one...but it needs to be in BLACK.

http://www.cafepress.com/mf/9853731/cast-boolits_tshirt?shop=castboolits&productId=39306516

Wayne Smith
09-20-2014, 11:24 AM
I'd want a V neck too, and that would stand out as different than what Cafe Press offers.

buckwheatpaul
09-20-2014, 02:01 PM
I know it would be more expensive....but I like the logo on our website the best....IMHO

jonp
09-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Olive green or light grey gets my vote. I have enough black which i never wear as i dont like the color. Rust red or
Burnt orange would be cool especially in a lighter weight shirt like the hanes 50/50.

Id be in for a couple. The decals i got from you are holding up great