PDA

View Full Version : Lee handles for Lyman molds.

tommyn
02-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Does the Lee six cav handles work on Lyman 4 cav molds? Thanks

45nut
02-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Nope, two different thicknesses to deal with. 3/8"ths for the Lee Six cav and 1/4" for the Lyman 4cav molds.

I did send Red River Rick set of the Lee 6c handles to take data from and it sounds like he will be tooling up to make a high quality product of a 6c mold handles and a plier type Lyman 4c.
I expect he can give more information once he has received them.

tommyn
02-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks Ken.

Shiloh
02-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Nope, two different thicknesses to deal with. 3/8"ths for the Lee Six cav and 1/4" for the Lyman 4cav molds.

I did send Red River Rick set of the Lee 6c handles to take data from and it sounds like he will be tooling up to make a high quality product of a 6c mold handles and a plier type Lyman 4c.
I expect he can give more information once he has received them.

I'd be interested in further info about these handles.

Shiloh

Patrick L
02-02-2008, 12:12 PM
I hate to disagree, but Lee six cavity handles fit perfectly on my one and only Lyman four banger. My mold is about 10 years old though, perhaps specs have changed a bit? They also fit my Lyman 31141 2 cavity perfectly.

I hated the Lyman four cavity handles (actually hated the two cavity too.) Come to think of it, with the exception of my one pair of Redding/SAECO handles, I use Lee six cavity handles on all my molds.