PDA

View Full Version : any body selling?

littlebuf
02-01-2008, 02:45 AM
probably the wrong place for this and i hope i dont piss anybody off by asking but are any of you guys in the business of selling bulk boolits? like i said if im outa line let me know,i dont cast but am interested,just found this web site today, and im outa bullets so just thought id ask[smilie=1:

357maximum
02-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Welcome to the asylum and......BullShop

http://bullshop.gunloads.com/

sells custom made boolits and is a member here...be careful though...I was looking through the pics on his website and he bear hunts in flip flops with a revolver[smilie=1: Don't know what to think about a feller like that.:mrgreen:

mroliver77
02-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Welcome, NWern brother. Tell us what you shoot littlebuf. How familiar are you with shooting cast boolits?
J

Johnw...ski
02-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the asylum and......BullShop

http://bullshop.gunloads.com/

sells custom made boolits and is a member here...be careful though...I was looking through the pics on his website and he bear hunts in flip flops with a revolver[smilie=1: Don't know what to think about a feller like that.:mrgreen:

He's hunting bare with only flip flops on? Must be cold.

littlebuf
02-01-2008, 09:51 AM
hey guys thanks for the warm welcome,i shoot mostly .45 acp and .40 i do also shoot .357 just not as much i will be buying a new hunting rifle in 300 winchester mag soon but i think ill just shoot jacketed through that. im pretty new to reloading and cast boolits ive only shot about 200 cast bullets so far and didnt like them:( but through another forum i was convinced it was probably me and was convinced to give um another shot.even had one of the members here (on the other site) offer to send me some of his boolits free just to try out (thanks again john:-D) and it is this kind gesture thats peaked my interest in the boolit casting community

Adam10mm
02-01-2008, 11:27 AM
I have boolits for sale. Hit my website. I'm running about a week and a half lead time from order placement.

Missouri Bullets(.com) gets good feedback from people. Might want to check them out.

StrawHat
02-01-2008, 12:11 PM
He's hunting bare with only flip flops on? Must be cold.

No, John

The bear is wearing the flip flops!!!

Didn't Groucho shoot a lion in his pajamas?

Woodwrkr
02-01-2008, 01:42 PM
If the Bears are wearing flip flops and the Lions are wearing PJ's I'm staying out of the woods!

Lee
02-01-2008, 02:16 PM
"What the lion was doing in his pajamas I'll never know"
I did see a house fly once..............................Lee:wink:

jleneave
02-01-2008, 04:41 PM
I saw this link in another post. This guy sells cast bullets CHEAP!! With the prices of lead these days I don't see how he can sell them that cheap. I was think about when I got started casting and had extra bullets that I could sell them to help recover some of the cost of lead, but I don't think I could sell them as cheap as this dude!! How is he selling this cheap?

http://www.marlinowners.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=23847&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

VTDW
02-01-2008, 06:15 PM
jleneave,

I hear you. I correspond with Robert Green of Stonewall Bullets quite often and he is a character..I mean that in a good way. I know he works really hard making the rounds gathering up WW. The demand for his boolits has risen so much I believe he is getting a newer machine that can keep up with demand. Maybe he just doesn't really need the $ to live and only makes a bit. If I shot those kinds of boolits and didn't cast I would certainly give him a try. He might be a bit like our own Buckshot. Buckshot can't be making any $ on the stuff he makes for us but he does it anyway.

Robert sent me a bunch of his different boolits as I told him I would post pics for him. While I was at it I checked them out pretty well for inclusions etc., the hammer test, vice test and used the ban saw to cut into a few, along with weighing and they are the real deal. I also checked his advertised hardnesss and they were also right on.

Dave

jleneave
02-01-2008, 06:40 PM
jleneave,

I hear you. I correspond with Robert Green of Stonewall Bullets quite often and he is a character..I mean that in a good way. I know he works really hard making the rounds gathering up WW. The demand for his boolits has risen so much I believe he is getting a newer machine that can keep up with demand. Maybe he just doesn't really need the $ to live and only makes a bit. If I shot those kinds of boolits and didn't cast I would certainly give him a try. He might be a bit like our own Buckshot. Buckshot can't be making any $ on the stuff he makes for us but he does it anyway.

Robert sent me a bunch of his different boolits as I told him I would post pics for him. While I was at it I checked them out pretty well for inclusions etc., the hammer test, vice test and used the ban saw to cut into a few, along with weighing and they are the real deal. I also checked his advertised hardnesss and they were also right on.

Dave

I hope no one thinks I was questioning the quality of his cast bullets, I promise I wasn't. I am just getting started in casting and before that I have bought some of the Oregon Trail bullets for .44mag and .45LC and they average out to .14 cents each. I fugured it up that if I can get WW at .15 cents/lbs (good luck with that!!) I could cast a 250gr bullet for about .01 cents each. That is not including bullet lube, time, or any equipment cost or adding tin to the mix (if necessary). I think his average out to roughly .04 cents each!! He must really love what he does!! I was thinking that if I could sell them for a average of .08 or .09 cents each that I could help offset the price of lead and any equipment and still undercut the bigger companies. So much for that!! My hat is off to him. If I didn't want to get into casting for the hobby and just the enjoyment of making my own I would definately buy bullets from him. I wished I knew about him before I bought from Oregon Trail!!!! Heck, I could have bought twice the bullets for less $$$!!! Anyway, I was just curious as to how he could sell that cheap with the high prices of lead? Thanks for the reply and sorry about hi-jacking the thread.

Freightman
02-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I have a 60 year old berm to get lead from and it is free but I work like a dog getting the lead and have to dress the front of the berm after I am finished. I couldn't pay for my time at thoes prices.