PDA

View Full Version : Waiting

fatelk
09-11-2014, 04:19 PM
in the hospital, with four little kids getting impatient to see Mama. No fun. She was supposed to be out of recovery a couple hours ago.

My wife's getting her foot fixed (ankle fused). We'll be glad to get this done so hopefully it doesn't hurt anymore, but I'm not a big fan of waiting around in a hospital.

MrWolf
09-11-2014, 04:33 PM
Hate that feeling. Had to wait for wife after a procedure and all kinda things go through your head. Hopefully the kids are keeping you so busy you don't have time to think. Everything will be ok. God Bless.

gray wolf
09-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Sir I hope all goes well for your wife, I said a Prayer for her.

Sam

fatelk
09-12-2014, 12:28 AM
All is well, thanks guys. It's been one heck of a long day and were all exhausted, but other than kids missing Mama for another night in the hospital all is well.

crazy mark
09-12-2014, 01:39 AM
Hope everything goes well. Been thru that a lot with different family members. Take care.

MaryB
09-12-2014, 02:02 AM
Hate the hurry up and wait in hospitals. I was in the outpatient surgery center for a neck injection today, supposed to go in at 9:45, they finally released me at noon after doing the injection at 11:30. Last one before we decide on neck fusion surgery.

fatelk
09-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Hope everything goes well. Been thru that a lot with different family members. Take care.

Thanks Mark (and everyone else). I was going to say that we were enjoying the hospitality of your former hospital, but I suppose you don't claim the new one as yours? :)

We went down there to get this done because we started the whole process there a couple years ago with the doctor she trusts. Kind of sucks to go through this away from home but it's done now and we're home started on recovery, so we're good.

crazy mark
09-12-2014, 11:39 PM
Lynn I sure hope Charity does good. I still claim Peacehealth as a decent place to work in spite of the union. Of course I will always think of the U district hospital of home but I had 3 surgeries at RB before I retired. The new one has had too many new building pains.

fatelk
09-12-2014, 11:48 PM
They treated her very well there and the whole thing went pretty smooth, so we can't complain. It was a long drive for something we could have had done a lot closer, but I think it was worth it all in all. We've gotten to know both hospitals pretty well over the years, having had two kids born in each one.