PDA

View Full Version : Greensboro NC gun show yesterday

Moonie
09-07-2014, 03:42 PM
I was at the Greensboro gun show yesterday. First gun show I've been to in quite a while. I was looking at all the reloading supplies, all overpriced, when I came across a table with gas checks in bags. I said to my friends, hey look, gas checks. The guy at the table said I was the first person all day that knew what they were. I laughed and said I was a caster, he told me he had the best prices on gas checks (My first thought was I doubt he could match Blammer). He had one bag of .270 caliber for $25, started to get them but he didn't take plastic and I didn't have the cash. He told me he had a website, I asked for a card, he handed me one but said I'd need to write it on the back as the front side was for his other side job, collecting wild honey bees, I mentioned we could be friends as I was a mead maker. The website sounded familiar, I stopped him, asked if he was on Castboolits, he said yes, I said "BLAMMER!!! I'm moonie.", yup I met Blammer yesterday, and yes, he could match the prices...

Blammer, as a side note, at the end of my visit to the show I purchased a TC Encore 15" pistol in 270, so now I will def need more gas checks lol.

crowbuster
09-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Haha, great story. I've often wondered how many folks from here i've rubbed elbows with and never new it.

fatnhappy
09-07-2014, 04:52 PM
looks like Ron Jeremy's stunt double from the waist up, doesn't he?

Blammer just helped me out with a couple things. Good guy.

mold maker
09-07-2014, 05:00 PM
Met Blammer for lunch in Asheville couple years ago.
He is definitely a cool dude.
I've met several more members, but I had to seek them out.

jeepyj
09-07-2014, 05:42 PM
Great story. I also wonder how many others are part of cast boolits site when I'm looking around at the shows. At the show I went to yesterday I did recognize tsignal from this site.
Jeepyj

condorjohn
09-07-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm the show director for the Willamette Valley Arms Collectors gun shows in Eugene OR. I too wonder
how many of you ladies and gents come through the door and we never meet. Like two ships passing in the night.
John

crazy mark
09-08-2014, 12:43 AM
I'm the show director for the Willamette Valley Arms Collectors gun shows in Eugene OR. I too wonder
how many of you ladies and gents come through the door and we never meet. Like two ships passing in the night.
John

I probably walked by you a few times when I lived in Springfield and went to the shows.