PDA

View Full Version : Mom is passing

pmer
09-07-2014, 02:19 AM
Ruth, is 88 years old and has decided to stop her treatments for kidney dialysis. So she is not long for this world. I love her and am going to miss her. She is at peace with her decision and has some time for goodbyes. Today, Sunday, mom and dad are having their 67th anniversary. Hopefully we'll be able to remember the good times and enjoy the extra time we had together along with the sorrow of things to come.

Into the loving arms of Jesus I pray. Amen

Mumblypeg
09-07-2014, 06:23 AM
I can relate.... my mom was a dialysis patient for 15 years. I don't know how she stood it. Her heart gave out at 64 years of age. It takes much courage to make the decision your mother has chosen. My thoughts are with you. BTW.... my mom's first name was Ruth also.....

jeepyj
09-07-2014, 06:39 AM
Our thoughts are with you.. Hopefully the 67th is one of peace and closure.
jeepyj

JSnover
09-07-2014, 06:46 AM
May God comfort you. I lost my mother to cancer last month.

square butte
09-07-2014, 07:11 AM
I pray that God gives your entire family the peace that your Mother has - and that God has given her. May that be upon you all as well.

DLCTEX
09-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Prayers sent for your mom and family.

auto5man
09-07-2014, 07:17 AM
What a courageous decision she has made,,,prayers sent. Grace and strength for you and family as you bear this difficult time.

RED333
09-07-2014, 07:35 AM
Lord, thank you for another day, bless us and keep us.
I got to spend some time with my Mom on Saturday.

trys357
09-07-2014, 08:31 AM
Our prayers go out to your Mom and family.

fishhawk
09-07-2014, 08:48 AM
After being a care giver for my friend for the past year and a half with his leukemia and other health problems. When he fell and broke his hip 2 weeks ago and after a couple days of therapy he decided enough was enough with the pain and fighting and he passed away in his sleep. There comes a time when in sickness and constant pain when they say enough is enough I am tired and want to go home and die wit dignity.

Bzcraig
09-07-2014, 10:47 AM
Prayers for the whole family but especially your dad! In Jesus name

obssd1958
09-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Prayers for your family.

shoot-n-lead
09-07-2014, 09:11 PM
Prayer sent for her and the family and will continue.

I understand where you are as my father suffered with renal failure the last 5yrs of his life.

Tom_in_AZ
09-08-2014, 01:36 AM
Prayers sent

pmer
09-08-2014, 08:59 AM
Thank you everyone for the prayers, comments and sharing. The anniversary was positive and my aunt read something that she wrote for the occassion. Mom and dad are not on the internet but I'll bring these well wishes for us to enjoy. We all took lots of pictures, our kids are 12 and 9; our oldest Emily, thought mom looked different in her face. I could see it in the pictures too. She has an expression in her eyes that is like she made a big decision and or has a big task ahead.

What seems to have tipped it for mom is a lot pain in her left hip and recently having to be in a wheel chair. Help going to the bathroom and in/out of bed etc. And not wanting to get the tube in her arm (fistula) rebuilt. The doctor is estimating 5 to 10 days from last Friday but she is up and moving around still.

Thanks again for the help. I pray too for strength to get us through lifes sorrows and encouragement to see our tasks to there ends, with joyus faith in Jesus Amen.

williamwaco
09-08-2014, 09:08 AM
More prayers.

Remember - The pain will pass but the love will remain.

I know. My mom passed in 1974.

ga41
09-10-2014, 11:19 PM
God hold you all in his loving merciful arms,

WRideout
09-11-2014, 07:10 AM
There is no grief without love. The promise of Christ is that we will all live together in eternity. I am praying for all of you.

Wayne

smoked turkey
09-11-2014, 08:25 PM
pmer I have been where you are and I know it is a rough ride. I am praying for a peaceful and pain free passage from this life to the next for your mom and peace for you and the family. Sounds like you have been blessed to have her for so long. May God be with you during this time in a very special way.

Houndog
09-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Prayers offered up for you and the whole family. May her passing be peaceful and may GOD comfort all of you in your hour of need.

castalott
09-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Prayers for you & your mom...I lost my mom 6 weeks ago after a terrible 5 years for her. I will Sincerely Pray for God's Love for all mom's.

Dale

white eagle
09-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Pmer
I went through this exact same thing with my Mom this April past
I know its very hard and will likely not get any easier
My Mon like yours had made up her mind its time
peace and calm to all of your family may your Mothers journey be swift

jmort
09-11-2014, 09:24 PM
We shall all meet up in Heaven. Praying for you, her, and your family.

pmer
09-12-2014, 07:33 AM
It has been a week today since her last dialysis. Mom is in hospice and off all of her medications except a pain killer and one for nausea. Mom and dad had a busy day Thursday with visitors, kids and grand kids. She fell out of bed late Wednesday or early Thursday. Ruth tried to turn to her side or sit up because of pain in her hip and took a tumble. She wasn't long before an aid came in and helped her up. It must be a hard job being a aid or nurses assistant. Every time I thank one they pause for a second. We asked about side rails on the bed but I guess they can cause trouble too. We're taking turns sleeping over now to help but mom said she'll press the call button for any reason now.

A mothers love is so special. I like how williamwaco said how the pain fades but love remains. So many have lost their mom or dad already, a loved one, bless you as you remember.

sniper
09-12-2014, 07:13 PM
pmer;

Consolation, brother.

I believe this with all my heart!

John 3: 16-17

16 ¶For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

I hope you may find solace in these verses:

11 Now, concerning the state of the soul between death and the resurrection—Behold, it has been made known unto me by an angel, that the spirits of all men, as soon as they are departed from this mortal body, yea, the spirits of all men, whether they be good or evil, are taken home to that God who gave them life.

12 And then shall it come to pass, that the spirits of those who are righteous are received into a state of happiness, which is called paradise, a state of rest, a state of peace, where they shall rest from all their troubles and from all care, and sorrow.

Alma 40:11-12 , Book of Mormon

Peace to your mother and family.

pmer
09-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Ruth completed her journey last night. Mom said she wanted to rest so around 10:00 we all left and about 11:15 she passed away with my sister and her daughter at her side. I don't know what else to say but thank you for the prayers they are deeply appreciated. My dad at 89 didn't realise how such warm thoughts could come through a computer from people so many miles apart.

DeputyDog25
09-13-2014, 09:47 AM
Thoughts and Prayers go out to Ruth and your family. I pray that God will provide Ruth peace and comfort in her last days and welcome her home to be with the Lord where there will be no more pain or sickness. I also pray for peace, comfort and understanding for you and your family that God would wrap his loving arms around you and provide peace to you and your family.

mhat
09-13-2014, 09:59 AM
Praying for your Mom and family

mark

gunoil
09-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Stay right with her, mine died thanksgiving. Payers with ya.

DeputyDog25
10-05-2014, 07:03 AM
May the Lord take Ms. Ruth into his loving arms and into Heaven where there will be no more sickness, death, or pain. I will keep your family in prayer for peace and understanding, and comfort and a peaceful passing for Ms. Ruth. God Bless you and your family.

William Yanda
10-05-2014, 08:34 AM
My Mom survived Lymphoma, dreaded the thought of dialysis. The weekend before she was to see the Dr. about starting it, she passed away. Glad your Mom is at peace with the decision. Jesus said: In my Fathers house are many mansions...... He is waiting.

pmer
10-05-2014, 11:17 AM
Talking to mom early in the process she asked if I would say something at her funeral. I froze up and thought it would be too hard to do. I went back and fourth over the idea but a brother at church said just think if you don't say something and later regret it. And that was enough to compell me to speak. So I started working on something to say and said it alone with dad and he thought it was okay. The focus was on moms decision and how mom and dad were together in the thought, it started with some memories of her life and ended with something she said that hit me like a shot of adrenaline.

Even now a couple weeks later it still gets me. In her last hours she was struggling to speak and to breath, not getting too many words out. In a moment she managed to say "I love you". I couldn't imagine how someone in her state could think of someone else. It took a day or two but it reminded me of the selfless love of Jesus as he went to the cross for you and me. It then seemed more like a see you later than a goodbye.

So when the day arrived for me to speak it went well. I walked up there without any expectations and had the power of the Spirit to help me. One of my great nephews spoke too and he had more trouble but his mom helped him, once again a mothers love comes to the rescue. I gave him alot of adaboys for doing so good.

Char-Gar
10-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Ruth, is 88 years old and has decided to stop her treatments for kidney dialysis. So she is not long for this world. I love her and am going to miss her. She is at peace with her decision and has some time for goodbyes. Today, Sunday, mom and dad are having their 67th anniversary. Hopefully we'll be able to remember the good times and enjoy the extra time we had together along with the sorrow of things to come.

Into the loving arms of Jesus I pray. Amen

Your mom has made a proper decision for her. There comes a time, when life is burdensome and continued medical intervention does not prolong life, but prolongs dieing. Death comes to us all either in season our out of season. It is part of the cycle of life, we come from God and return to God. Unless we die, we have an unfinished life.

It is very hard though on those left behind. Faith in Christ is the only comfort. "If it is only for this life we have hoped, then we are the poorest of all creatures."...Saul of Tarsus. What follows is the good news, but I will leave it to you to either remember it, or look it up.

My prayers are with you all.