PDA

View Full Version : Bad wreck yesterday

starmac
09-06-2014, 03:20 PM
I drove up on a Princess tour bus (large one) yesterday that was rolled over comepletly on it's top.
These are generally packed full of tourists, so I figured the worst, I was about 10 cars back in line when they stopped traffic, and there was multiple ambulances there on the scene, plus several first responder rigs, so I didn't walk down and get in the way. It turned out that the bus was empty, except for the driver and 2 staff members, so even though there was a fatality, it was much better than I anticipated.

I guess the reason that so many ambulances responded was the fact that it was close to an hour and a half to the closest ambulance, and there was probably many alredy in route when the first one got there to access the situation.

I was sure that there was many folks with a horrably ruined vacation, but luckily that was not the case. There was probablt 10 or more princess buses that had to pass the crash scene in the hour or so before any first responders got there, I am sure a lot went through those tourists minds.

troyboy
09-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Always a reality check when something like this is witnessed.

osteodoc08
09-06-2014, 03:40 PM
I hated to hear someone lost their life. With the title I was worried something happened to you starmac

starmac
09-06-2014, 04:07 PM
No not me, but the last week or so has been bad, we have had 2 different pilot car drivers die in crashes on the haul road, it just hasn't been a good week. While this bus crash was bad enough, it is just a miracle that the bus had no passengers, tat is somewhat rare.