PDA

View Full Version : Noe 360318 rg boolit?

35 shooter
09-05-2014, 10:59 PM
I've been browsing the NOE site again and notice this boolit comes with 3 sets of pins, hollow, flat and cupped nose. Has anyone tried this boolit in 35 cal. rifles with good results? I've seen mixed reports before with the lyman round nose version of this boolit, but was hoping this version of it is an improvement?
Although i don't really have a need for another 35 cal. mould as i already have the NOE 200 and 280 gr. moulds, another NOE with 3 sets of pin options is pretty neat.
Anyway i was just wondering if any members here had experience with this one.

Djones
09-06-2014, 11:05 AM
I've had pretty good results with the RG mold. I didn't care for the round nose. I will try to find the link to the results in my JES rebore 358 win.

I havent given it enough of a chance in my 35 Remington.

Djones
09-06-2014, 11:09 AM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?244185-LeverEvolution-in-358-Win

let me know if you have any questions. I could also send you some to try in your rifles.

TXGunNut
09-06-2014, 03:39 PM
I think it's an interesting design but I haven't found a rifle that likes the flat-nosed version of that boolit yet. A HP could be a game-changer but I haven't tried it. Be very careful browsing NOE's site, more than once a "research" visit there has resulted in a purchase. ;-) Come to think of it, that's how I came to be an owner of the 360318.

35 shooter
09-06-2014, 10:13 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?244185-LeverEvolution-in-358-Win

let me know if you have any questions. I could also send you some to try in your rifles.

Thanks for the link Djones. I like the way that 41 gr. load was coming together, so it does look like it definitly has potential. Have you done anymore load work with it?
Also i saw on the NOE site the hollowpoint version weighs 226 gr. but have you weighed the flat point ?
I do like the looks of the cup version in your pics.

TxGuNut your right about the NOE site and as far as that goes the Accurate site too. I seem to find something i like everytime i log on either one. I knew you had the rn version, but you have the fp too?