PDA

View Full Version : FS Reloading

abunaitoo
09-04-2014, 02:05 PM
I was going to order some parts from Lee, when I thought I would check to see if FS Reloading might be cheaper.
Their prices were a little less, but the shipping was way more.
Send them a email asking if they would ship USPS flat rate.
Got a reply that they were working on it. Something about having to measure all of the items before offering it.
For us in Alaska and Hawaii shipping is a big deal. Most of the time I can save 1/4 of the cost by having it sent flat rate.

Finster101
09-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Check out Titan Reloading. They are a sponsor here and I have had several good experiences with them.

Love Life
09-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Titan's shipping has always been more than Midway's for me.

Ben
09-04-2014, 02:37 PM
Titan is super quick.

The shipping time from Midway ( for me ) is slow.

Ben

Shiloh
09-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Check out Titan Reloading. They are a sponsor here and I have had several good experiences with them.

Likewise.
I have LEE pot and mold parts from Titan.

Shiloh

TheGameMaster
09-04-2014, 03:27 PM
In my experience, I live in Portland Oregon, Nacheez has always been THE slowest. Second slowest was MidSouth. If Midway will do USPS on the item you ordered, its usually the cheapest and quickest. If Midway will only do UPS, then its about the same as Titan. Cabalas isn't the cheapest, and their shipping is like Midway, certain items they do USPS, the rest only UPS. FS only does UPS so it's very expensive (likewise, NRA will only do UPS, which sucks for us instructors to get our class kits), but FS is rather quick however. I usually search all of them for a particular item I want, check the shipping, and go with whomever is cheapest. Lately, Midway has given me the best balance of price and shipping.

Rodney

JWFilips
09-04-2014, 03:27 PM
With Titan you can specify Priority mail. They usually do it the cheapest way (either flat rate or by weight to your zip). They are one of the better suppliers when it comes to shipping!

Hardcast416taylor
09-04-2014, 03:42 PM
If I order from Midway I get the package or box by either UPS or USPS within 3 - 4 days at most. Midsouth or Natchex or Grafs take 5 - 7 days.Robert

jwber
09-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Another shout out for Titan. I've ordered from them several times. If I'm looking for just Lee stuff I'll always buy from them. Their prices and shipping are good.

aap2
09-04-2014, 04:39 PM
One comment about Midway shipping: it's fast but unless the item that you order in unbreakable, it's likely to get damaged because of Midway's poor packing. I recently ordered an expensive set of Redding dies and a carbide neck expander ball ($$). Midway just shipped both items in a thin padded envelope; no packing all and they didn't even tape the die box shot. All 3 dies fell out of the green die box during shipping and were badly damaged; the envelope with the neck sizer rod and carbide ball was bent and the carbide ball was nowhere to be found. I reported this to Midway and the clerk emailed me a return postage label to return the damaged order but said that she couldn't send replacements until Midway received the return. Wrong. I politely reminded her that this mess was Midway's fault and that I will return the damaged order the next day, but that I expect replacements to be sent, properly packed asap. I got the replacement order in 2 days and this one was properly packed. I have had this happen several times; if you select the UPS shipping option it seems that your order is properly packed.....I don't care how fast they ship, it's frustrating to see a $200 die set destroyed for the lack of proper packing.

jsizemore
09-04-2014, 06:53 PM
If your stuff will fit in a FRB, and it will save you $, have it sent to me and I'll stick it in a FRB to ya. I don't mind helping. PM me if that will help. I'm in NC.

cdngunner
09-04-2014, 07:58 PM
I buy from Titan or Amazon.

even with the exchange rate and shipping to Canada, Titan is cheaper than local dealers

dragon813gt
09-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Titan's shipping has always been more than Midway's for me.

Have you tried since you moved to GA? I placed an order w/ Titan last night for some 35 Remington dies. Lee wanted $42 plus shipping. Titan was $29 plus $6 for shipping. Even if Lee shipped free Titan had them beat by twenty percent. I will have the dies in no time as well. Wish Brownells had them in stock because I was already placing a large order w/ them.

ubetcha
09-04-2014, 08:19 PM
I guess I'm a lucky one, as Titan is about 8 miles from me. They handle some primers and and powder,but as an in store item only. No mail order or web orders. FS Reloading is about 10-11 miles from me. Have not ordered from them or stopped at store. I think they have short store hours. Titan is on the south end of town and FS is on the north west of town not far from Lee Precision

Harter66
09-04-2014, 10:09 PM
I very ordered from Titan on Tuesday night and had it for the weekend. Midway orders seem to show up in time for the second weekend. I think it was Natchez that I just scrubbed the order on because the shipping was $40 on a $70 mould that I had been wish booking for 6 months or so. With that I spent 10 bucks more than the RCBS 2c and bought a 5c NOE.

Love Life
09-04-2014, 10:43 PM
Have you tried since you moved to GA? I placed an order w/ Titan last night for some 35 Remington dies. Lee wanted $42 plus shipping. Titan was $29 plus $6 for shipping. Even if Lee shipped free Titan had them beat by twenty percent. I will have the dies in no time as well. Wish Brownells had them in stock because I was already placing a large order w/ them.

I need to check to see if they are cheaper on their shipping now that I'm in the deep dirty.

retread
09-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Check Graf & Sons

sthwestvictoria
09-05-2014, 05:09 AM
I would also support Titan Reloading. An extra perk is that the ship to us here in Australia. A very easy company to deal with. Just a pity that they don't carry much other than Lee gear.

Love Life
09-05-2014, 06:50 AM
I've ordered several thousand dollars worth of stuff from MidwayUSA over the years and nothing has ever come to me damaged. They have always packed well with the air bags in boxes larger than necessary.

abunaitoo
09-05-2014, 04:36 PM
I used to order almost everything from Graf & son, until........
I used to get dealer price because I have a C&R.
One day I get a call from Graf about an order I had just made. The lady read me the riot act. Said I will not be getting dealer price until I order $2000 from them.
I could just see her foaming at the mouth, eyes all big and blood red.
I explained to her that I almost never order $2000 in a year, never knew about this policy, and when did this policy start.
She barked out "This is always our policy. You are wrong"
I told he to just cancel the order.
I'd always had great service from Graf. They would go out of the way to send USPS flat rate to me. I'm in Hawaii.
A few times I even asked them if they would pack it without the original box so it would fit. Not a problem.
This lady must be family or someone special.
I've never ordered from Graf since then.
To bad. They had good prices and a good shipping department.