PDA

View Full Version : Having some issues with an NOE mold

adanymous
09-03-2014, 10:31 PM
I just got my newest NOE today and I just had to try it out. Its a 360 160 WFN, I heat cycled it in my oven twice like NOE suggests, lubed it with their stuff and started casting. It went well for a while, other than my pins were too cool and wouldn't drop the bullets, but once they heated up it got better. I had to take a break for about an hour and when I got back at it the mold was closing a bit hard. I didn't force it, just wiggled it a bit and it would close, but then after the next pour it wouldn't open. I finally wiggled and tapped the handle screw enough to get it open, re lubed everything, and it seems to have gotten a bit better but its still tough to close and sticky to open.

Im using NOE handles for a 4 cavity mold which is what this is. The blocks move pretty freely on the handles. Any help would be appreciated, I don't wanna mess up my brand new mold!

Beagle333
09-03-2014, 10:43 PM
Check the RG guides. Sometimes they will be sliding against the opposite block on the bottom and need to be adjusted a little bit. You can just grip them with a crescent wrench and bend them down a touch, to allow clearance of the blocks. You want them close to the blocks, but not rubbing.

Here's some pics and more description.
http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php/topic,199.0.html

adanymous
09-03-2014, 10:45 PM
Thanks, Ill check that out. Makes sense that you would know, it was your pics that got me to buy that darned thing.:mrgreen:

Beagle333
09-03-2014, 10:53 PM
:drinks::Fire:

Jupiter7
09-04-2014, 12:32 AM
Sometimes re-adjustment is necessary. Mostly I find lubing works 90% of the time

adanymous
09-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Beagle was right. I bent the rg guides a bit and it was perfect