PDA

View Full Version : Glasses to see 5 feet

abunaitoo
09-01-2014, 02:58 PM
I'm near sighted. Have glasses to see clear when I drive.
Having trouble seeing clear when I'm on the computer, unless I'm 2 feet or less.
I'm looking for something like reading glasses, but to see from 3 to 5 feet.
I've tried the reading glasses they have in stores, but it seems they're made for seeing up close.
I've noticed that these glasses have rating from 0.0 up to +.
Anyone know if they make them go the other way. 0.0 to -????

lefty o
09-01-2014, 03:00 PM
go get some bi-focals! keeps your single lenses for shooting though.

Duckiller
09-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Measure from the tip of your nose to the middle of what you want to see on your computer and give this to your eye Dr. They can make computer glasses that are just for you and the way you work.

Artful
09-01-2014, 04:28 PM
See your eye doctor - they can fit you for specific distances like 5 feet - when I was shooting sillywets I actually took my contender into my
eye doctor's office (with prior warning and knowledge) and measured from the front sight to my eye ball. If you have a Sam's club or Costco it may be the cheapest way to get vision correction if you are strongly nearsighted like me.

Surculus
09-01-2014, 09:04 PM
I'm near sighted. ...
I've tried the reading glasses they have in stores, but it seems they're made for seeing up close.
I've noticed that these glasses have rating from 0.0 up to +.
Anyone know if they make them go the other way. 0.0 to -????

The cheaters you find in stores are only in + diopters: no - for us near-sighted types. They don't even have cheaters w/ < +1.0 diopters for those who only need a little help; still a custom option [altho' you *can* find +.75 online, in one or two places.] If you need a lens from +.5 to -x.anything, it's a scrip from an opthomologist and a custom lens you're looking at.

Best o' luck!