PDA

View Full Version : UPS problem?

wallenba
09-01-2014, 12:30 PM
It's going on about two months now since I ordered 4 lbs of IMR-3031 from Midway. They stated that it can take up to 6 weeks, so at first I gave it no mind. Finally, UPS notifies me with a tracking number. Weekly checks on it revealed it was static, no movement. Last week an update that, 'your package has been delayed due to events beyond our control'. Another update today states, 'package could not be located for intercept'.

What the heck are they trying to tell me? That it's lost? Midway has a 'No cancellation of order after shipping, on powders'.
Has it been stolen? :veryconfu

HATCH
09-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Look at tracking and see when the pickup scan is. I can 'ship' something today and the tracking # will show up but until it is picked up it hasn't really shipped. I have had sellers generate a ups label but not physically ship for another week. The package will show up but right now its on midway

500MAG
09-01-2014, 01:04 PM
I would contact Midway. It's their problem until it's delivered.

lefty o
09-01-2014, 02:36 PM
6 weeks my butt. if its in stock, 2weeks maximum anywhere in the country,normally 3-4 days. id be chewing on someones hindend on the phone.

wallenba
09-01-2014, 05:39 PM
6 weeks my butt. if its in stock, 2weeks maximum anywhere in the country,normally 3-4 days. id be chewing on someones hindend on the phone.

Exactly! While waiting on this order, I have ordered and received 4 lbs. of IMR-4227 from Graf's, seen IMR-3031 at Cabela's. Cabela's is a good fifty miles from my home, and when I placed the order, I had no idea I would be going there, or that it was in stock there. Feeling bruised over this one.
I had called Midway once in the recent past, they passed the buck to UPS at that time, said it was shipped. The outbound address on the UPS notification is Billings MT., not Columbia Mo.

Handloader109
09-01-2014, 05:46 PM
Have they charged you for the powder?
That SHould prove if they really did ship and it was lost. OP was right, I can generate a tracking number by making a shipping label. It isn't shipped till picked up.

wallenba
09-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Got a hold of UPS representative. Today an e-mail arrived indicating it is in transit, finally. I thought Midway had this stuff in house when they say it's in stock. Point of origin for this shipment was Miles City Mt.. Then to Billings, Glendive and Bismark ND. Today it's in Fargo. Bicycle messenger I presume.

oneokie
09-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Miles City, MT is the location of Western Powders.

wallenba
09-03-2014, 12:46 PM
Miles City, MT is the location of Western Powders.

Guess that means mine is a real fresh batch.

lefty o
09-03-2014, 06:26 PM
what it truly means is midway has really gone down the tubes. selling stuff as in stock, when they in fact dont have a clue, and then blaming a different company when the product isnt available. too bad, they used to be a good company to deal with. potterfields greed has spun it out of control!

shaune509
09-03-2014, 07:54 PM
I ordered powder and other items from Midway 6 years ago and I remember that the powder was stated as being shipped direct from the distribator, Western powder. The powder did arrive later than the other items and I'm closer the Western than Midway. As I see it using the drop shipment system can be a cost saving point for any seller. In Midways case with powders they do not need to comply with the expence of the fire codes to have several tons of powder with in there warehouse or shipping docks.
Shaune509

leadman
09-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Hodgdon handles IMR, Western handles Accurate, Ramshot, and Norma.

wallenba
09-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Well, it arrived finally. Despite arranging on line to have it held at the UPS facility so I would not miss it. Driver came and just left it on the porch, he was walking away when I opened the door. I asked him why I didn't have to sign for it. He said it didn't need a signature. That's the first time I ever received powder without having to sign.

Eight weeks, three days total.