PDA

View Full Version : Arisaka99 (Chris) and Alyssa are married.

Wayne Smith
08-30-2014, 08:11 PM
We just left the reception - LOML's feet are giving out. Her shoes hurt her feet.

Anyway, he has not been on the board for a while. He has just finished EMT school and is in Firefighter I classes. He is working in a small engine repair shop. They are living on her Dad's place in Charlottesville, VA. They are taking the weekend to celebrate and Tuesday it's back to the grind.

I was given the opportunity to read Scripture. We have pics but my camera won't upload to my iPad for some reason, so they will have to wait until we get home tomorrow.

monadnock#5
08-31-2014, 03:45 AM
Are the Crepe Myrtle's still in bloom? I visited down your way recently, and was taken by the beauty of the Crepe Myrtle in all its various shades. If I had been born in the South, It's the time of year I would have chosen to wed.

I'm sorry, I don't remember your relationship to Chris, but offer my congratulations and best wishes to you and yours.

Wayne Smith
08-31-2014, 02:51 PM
Chris is the son of one of our friends from choir. I got to know him well when he got his grandfather's Arisaka 99 that had a 30-06 chamber reamer run into it. Taught him about the gun, reloading for it, using cast boolits, refinishing the stock, etc. He and his mom and sister house sat for us when we went on vacation for years. When he was 16 he had a key to my truck and my house in his pocket, completely trustworthy. He met Alyssa when they both worked at a Christian camp two and three years ago. She is a very nice girl who is 5'3" and he is 6'5"! She loves my Encore in 45-70. Naturally learned to rock with the recoil.

starmac
08-31-2014, 03:06 PM
I have been married to the same old woman for 38 years now, and am about decided to just keep her. I hope they have it as good as we have.

TXGunNut
08-31-2014, 03:54 PM
I think I remember Chris, does seem like a good kid. Sounds like he's been busy, hope he'll find time to get some shooting and casting in when things settle down a bit. Tell him to get a fire dept job and let them pay for his schooling! ;-)

Wayne Smith
08-31-2014, 04:05 PM
He will. Friend of his is the fire marshal, a member of his Church. He has great contacts up there.

gray wolf
08-31-2014, 04:07 PM
Hello Wayne,
What nice news, thank you for sharing it with us.
Julie and I wish them all the best, and the same for you and your family.

God bless and be well

Sam

fishhawk
08-31-2014, 04:11 PM
Hey Wayne tell old "football" HI from the chat room bunch!

Moonie
09-02-2014, 09:29 AM
Well tell him congratulations from me. I remember him well, have missed him and wondered what was up with him. Still think of him as a young kid, wasn't he like 15 when he first showed up around here, perhaps it was just my perception.

OBIII
09-02-2014, 09:50 AM
My congratulations to Chris and Alyssa as well. Tell Chris that OB says Hi.
May they have many happy years together.

OB

Wayne Smith
09-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Well tell him congratulations from me. I remember him well, have missed him and wondered what was up with him. Still think of him as a young kid, wasn't he like 15 when he first showed up around here, perhaps it was just my perception.

Nope, that's exactly how old he was then.

shooter93
09-02-2014, 06:16 PM
Where's the pics??????????....I saw Chris in chat often....a very nice young man and the best to them both.