PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea

Canadian caster85
08-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Just an idea/suggestion how about and swapping/selling area for Canadians... It would be really nice to not have to worry about import/export restrictions or horrendous international shipping prices that we pay up here

500MAG
08-25-2014, 05:41 PM
I don't think you would avoid the shopping charges.anytime I've shipped to Canada it's cost me a fortune.

Canadian caster85
08-25-2014, 05:42 PM
No but shipping within Canada is half of what it is to ship to the USA

RED333
08-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Just post "Far north only" LOL

Canadian caster85
08-25-2014, 06:54 PM
But it would be nice for me (and others I'm sure) to look to buy something only to find out we can't import it or the shipping is more than the item..etc.....

Lance Boyle
08-25-2014, 08:01 PM
Well I'm certainly not opposed to it at all but wouldn't be easier for our Canadian friends to put CANADA as tje first thing in a WTS ad.

Just thinking out loud and I understand the issue. I've bought L1A1 wood from Wales and the shipping was indeed up there.

Bust of luck no how it shakes out.

Canadian caster85
08-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Where are all the mods with their input when its actually wanted :p

oneokie
08-25-2014, 08:36 PM
The most simple thing I can think of is for members to put their location in their profile.

Canadian caster85
08-25-2014, 08:46 PM
Well I'm clearly Not conveying my thoughts properly.... :(

Buck Neck It
08-25-2014, 10:01 PM
If you live in Whitehorse I could hand deliver something non-restricted from time to time...

RED333
08-25-2014, 10:04 PM
The most simple thing I can think of is for members to put their location in their profile.
I have been on a few forums and this has always crossed my mind, I can not think of reason not to.
Yea I know, some want to hide, but with a very little work the location can be found with a IP locator.
Mine is there, you have to think, Where is CDB land, well Charley Daniels lives here.
Every one knows what the 3rd rock from the sun is, right?

waksupi
08-25-2014, 11:42 PM
I agree on posting your locations. Some near the border have ways of dealing with international deliveries.

No_1
08-26-2014, 04:51 AM
Thanks for your input Canadian Caster85. You wish for us to create a section for the Canadians which to be fair to the rest of the members means we will need to create sections for: South Americans, Europeans, Australian, Japan and let's not forget about those folks in Iceland & Greenland plus every where else in the world that pays high shipping from the US. It's not going to happen. You are going to have to tough it out like the rest of the world (or move to America!).

southpaw
08-26-2014, 05:32 AM
I think you got a little carried away there No 1. Come on now, japan lets their subjects have boom sticks? :mrgreen:

Jerry Jr.

ohland
08-26-2014, 09:45 AM
Well I'm certainly not opposed to it at all but wouldn't be easier for our Canadian friends to put CANADA as tje first thing in a WTS ad.

+1. Adding another layer of complexity does not help.

Though I do like Canadian toys, bought some in the past.

Canadian caster85
08-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Now I wasn't saying we need a whole section for Canadians but an area in selling/swapping for everyone outside of the USA would be nice there are ppl who post Canada in the ad title ... But trying to look through 15 pages of ads to find 1 post just kinda sucks that's all I'm saying

oneokie
08-26-2014, 10:58 AM
You have been a member for 22 days, and you are wanting us to change a system that has worked for 9 years and almost 5 months just to accomodate you?

waksupi
08-26-2014, 11:12 AM
You have been a member for 22 days, and you are wanting us to change a system that has worked for 9 years and almost 5 months just to accomodate you?

I'd been biting my tongue to not say that. :?

Last time I looked, I think there are members signed up here from 26 countries or more.

Freightman
08-26-2014, 11:21 AM
I have no horse in this race, but if you would just put where you are located it would simplify things. The black helicopters really will not circle your house nor the NSA come to see you.

MBTcustom
08-26-2014, 12:39 PM
There is nothing wrong with asking Canadian caster85.
I can imagine what a pain it is (honestly, it would suck pretty bad to be a member of a Canadian site and have to watch all the goodies changing hands. Yeah, I get it)
However, the other mods have a point. From our perspective, Canada is just one of many countries who enjoy the free exchange of information here.
Three other places that have a huge presence here is Europe, New Zealand, and Australia.
The site was not created to cater to a worldwide community (although we are thrilled to be able to share and help our foreign brothers as much as possible).
I think the best thing would be to use the S&S section to advertize in your area. It would not take long to get more Canadians on board and it would become "the way it's done" in your area.
Also, use the function in your profile that tells that you are north of the border. This would do all that you ask and would not create more work for Staff (honestly, a good portion of our effort goes to moderating the S&S forum and introducing 3 more of them is enough to cross any moderator's eyes, and hairlip him all at the same time!:veryconfu)
If you could see your way clear to take a few small actions it would be better for everyone here.
Thank you for the suggestion sir. Sorry we could not be of more help.

Canadian caster85
08-26-2014, 08:55 PM
Well clearly I stepped on n some toes here that was not my intention and i was definetly not in any way asking u to cater to me..... As my thread title stated "Just an idea"... And that's all it was

fishhawk
08-26-2014, 09:08 PM
Don't stress on it Justin it will blow over.

Canadian caster85
08-26-2014, 09:38 PM
I honestly was just voicing a thought... Alwaysbwas under the impression no changes ever happened to anything if no one voiced their thoughts..... Well now I know better I guess and will keep my thoughts to myself

Fishman
08-26-2014, 10:54 PM
I nominate Goodsteel for the Diplomatic Moderator of the year award. Truly a man of many talents.

searcher4851
08-27-2014, 02:21 PM
As far as the "import export restrictions", I reckon they'd have to set up separate sections for California, New Jersey, and several other states to accommodate as well. I think it would be easier to just put Canada in the title and go from there.

The Mods here are busy enough as it is, with little compensation beyond our gratitude for all that they do. I for one don't intend to try and make their jobs tougher. (that's why I do a lot of thinking before I type, and sometimes have to rephrase what I'm thinking, into phrasing that will be more acceptable to them) :bigsmyl2: