PDA

View Full Version : Does this surprise anyone?

DHurtig
08-25-2014, 03:22 PM
I just saw on Fox news that since CCW was passed in Illinois that robbery and other violent crime has dropped by 20% in Chicago. Well duh!

osteodoc08
08-25-2014, 03:24 PM
Nope. But what we have here is common sense.....

M-Tecs
08-25-2014, 03:33 PM
"Does this surprise anyone?" --- Yes every liberal in Illinois.

John Allen
08-25-2014, 03:34 PM
holly **** do not let the liberals know we might be on to something!

Bad Water Bill
08-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Not a single word here.

Any drop in crime in Chiraq is attributed to great police work according to "Chief Street Lights".

IDSS
08-25-2014, 03:48 PM
That stat points out the elephant in the room that the anti-gun left wants to ignore.

When confronted with the failure of gun control in urban areas to curb violence, the anti's will point out that guns are readily available in outlying, usually suburban or rural areas. The anti will point to this as supporting a federal, nationwide ban on guns to keep them out of the hands of urban populations. What they never address is the fact that the violence does not happen in those areas to the same degree as in the urban areas. It seems to show that it's the character of the people living in the urban areas, and not the availability of guns, that drives the violence stats.

Hand-outs and hand-ups have not gone very far toward modifying these thugs' behavior. It seems that the prospect of being shot by an intended victim has, though.

starmac
08-25-2014, 05:49 PM
I have a hard time believing 20% at least at this time.

I read some stats where it had dropped because of the ccw carry law before the FIRST permit had been issued too.

Ed Barrett
08-26-2014, 09:16 PM
Stats in Chicago must be taken with a grain of salt, it's probably more like 40%.

Bad Water Bill
08-26-2014, 11:39 PM
Mayor Richard J Daley started the big ANTI GUN movement back in the late 50s.

ALL guns are bad said the mayor.

He owned a very expensive estate across the border in Michigan where he had "THE MOST EXPENSIVE FIREARMS COLLECTION" in that state and it was inherited by the gun hating son Mayor Richie M Daley.

Definitely not as I say.

And yes I got this info from very reliable sources.