PDA

View Full Version : Is There Such a Thing as Reverse Discrimination?

ncbearman
08-25-2014, 01:16 AM
I find this interesting not from a sense of discrimination but just on basis alone. But, what would happen if the media diverted its focus to SLC from Ferguson? The squeaky wheel.......................

Read the article guys! This thread is not about Ferguson. Some of you are not making any sense.

http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/black-cop-kills-unarmed-white-youth-media-and-feds-silent

MaryB
08-25-2014, 01:30 AM
Kid did have issues with the cops but at the time he did nothing to deserve being shot. With tasers having a 30 foot range why are they not being used more?

But the MSM is complicit in ignoring black on white violence but reporting white on black that happens rarely.

bubba.50
08-25-2014, 01:44 AM
a white male in this country is becomin' the most discriminated against demographic around.

triggerhappy243
08-25-2014, 01:48 AM
bubba, you got that right. this is why we cannot get obama out of the w/h. they will all scream racist this and racist that. OH PLEASE.................. give me a break.

PS Paul
08-25-2014, 01:48 AM
Reverse discrimination implies that ONLY whites are capable of discrimination. There is only racism and discrimination.....

just know that anti-racism is code for anti-white and it will all become clear to you.

osteodoc08
08-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Perhaps there should be a NAANCP, NBET, etc. But that would be racist wouldn't it?

FISH4BUGS
08-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Many years ago, I called a talk show on WBZ Radio in Boston. It was the David Brudnoy Show. David was one of the most intelligent and fair talk show hosts I have ever heard. He had on a black leader in Boston by the name of Kambiki Sadon (spelling?). I asked this "leader" why it was OK to discrminate against whites (racial quotas, preferential treatment in hiring, set aside contracts, etc.) and not OK to discriminate against blacks. My argument was that discrminination is discrminination....period.....and both were just as bad.
His answer stunned me. He truly believed that it was not possible for blacks to discriminate aginst whites because blacks do not hold power. They simply don't have the "....power of discrimination". After a fairly lively debate he never relented.
I never forgot that. I guess there are those the believe there cannot be reverse discrimination. Ask any policeman or firefighter or college student that was better qualified but not taken because of their race, and the position was given to a lesser qualified minority. Reason? To make up for past discrimination......
I don't get it.

Love Life
08-25-2014, 08:36 AM
Wasn't there a reverse discrimination case in California years ago where a white man sued a company and won because a less qualified minority was hired over him?

Now, there is no such thing as reverse discrimination. It's all the same thing: discrimination.

Call a black man or woman a racist and watch the look on their face. I've been calling blacks racist since I was a much younger individual because they can be and are towards whites, Hispanics, Asians, etc.

I've called Mexicans racists as well for the same reasons as well as Asians.

Discrimination is discrimination. We (white Christian males) need to start pulling the race card as much as the minorities or else we will be lost in the shuffle.

cpileri
08-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Its just discrimination, as described.

Maybe "reverse discrimination" means that you dont discriminate unless someone discriminates against you first? or would tha tbe "payback discrimination" or "revenge discrimination"? (tounge in cheek)

Mumblypeg
08-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Wasn't there a reverse discrimination case in California years ago where a white man sued a company and won because a less qualified minority was hired over him?

Now, there is no such thing as reverse discrimination. It's all the same thing: discrimination.

Call a black man or woman a racist and watch the look on their face. I've been calling blacks racist since I was a much younger individual because they can be and are towards whites, Hispanics, Asians, etc.

I've called Mexicans racists as well for the same reasons as well as Asians.

Discrimination is discrimination. We (white Christian males) need to start pulling the race card as much as the minorities or else we will be lost in the shuffle.

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fish, yea I know.... It happened to me several times but you can't fight City Hall as they say. And to top it off, be single also... There is a double standard for them, liberals, Democrats and us.

shooter2
08-25-2014, 10:44 AM
[QUOTE=MaryB;2905407]Kid did have issues with the cops but at the time he did nothing to deserve being shot. With tasers having a 30 foot range why are they not being used more?

I am not an LEO, but I doubt that a cop on the street carries a Taser. Nor do we know the situation the cop was facing or what transpired. Last I heard the investigation was proceeding, but nothing has been published as far as I know. I did hear that the cop was taken to the hospital and had (at the very least) a broken eye socket so something happened. We do know the kid was a thug. JMHO

smoked turkey
08-25-2014, 10:55 AM
As a dad of a LEO who just naturally wants his son to come home at the end of his shift to his wife and family I believe in the few seconds this altercation took place that the officer would have been beaten to a pulp or killed had he not acted the way he did. If that had happened I imagine that the story would have been reported in some small article somewhere and forgotten by most by now. As my son said this is not a "black and white" issue. The man was breaking the law on several fronts and I expect his rap sheet is well known in the law enforcement circles. Just watch and the media will make a saint out of the man and hamburger out of the poor underpaid law officer who was doing his duty to protect and serve. My wife said if a grizzly bear is coming at you I believe I would go for the gun in the hand rather than the pepper spray.

RickinTN
08-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Shooter2,
I"m not sure, but I think you're getting your news stories confused?
Rick

quilbilly
08-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Kid did have issues with the cops but at the time he did nothing to deserve being shot. With tasers having a 30 foot range why are they not being used more?

But the MSM is complicit in ignoring black on white violence but reporting white on black that happens rarely.
Even Tasers are not 100% effective. The cop was seriously injured, nearly blinded in one eye by an attacker who had already tried to steal his gun and was coming back at him full speed in a rage. The cop did what he had to do to keep his kids from losing their father and given his condition, I am amazed he made one shot out of six. The facts so far on the ground from the autopsies support the cop and not the racists waging war on the cops to generate donations for political power.

runfiverun
08-25-2014, 12:16 PM
really need to start those organizations..
in another 25 years white will be the minority color in this nation, lay the ground work now so the benefits can be reaped later.

Kraschenbirn
08-25-2014, 01:07 PM
Perhaps the most "racist" individual I've ever encountered was an NAACP 'community organizer' who eventually became Director of our local Urban League chapter and, upon retirement, had a city street named for him. Being a general contractor heavily involved in 'Neighborhood Redevelopment' projects I worked with and around this person for close to twenty years and, honestly, can't recall that him saying anything complimentary about anyone of another ethnic origin...except, of course, when he was speaking in support of a white or Hispanic Democrat running for political office. On the other hand, I do recall...quite clearly...his words during an EEO orientation for prospective bidders on a city renovation project. The topic under discussion was minority hiring 'objectives' ('quotas' by any other name) and he stood up in front of the group and said: "I don't give a s**t how many foreigners or red indians you hire so long as you got 15% black on your payroll." The unstated threat being that he'd do everything in his power to stop the work (or the contractors' payments) by whatever political means at his disposal even to the detriment of the black community at large who would benefit the most from timely completion of the project. (Local African-American population percentage, at that time, was something like 9.8% and the city's EEO target was 10% minority employment on redevelopment projects)

Bill

btw...this particular project ended up costing the city about 30% more than it should've. Most of the smaller, independent contractors pre-qualified to bid declined to put in proposals, leaving the project to two large GCs who padded their regular crews with short-term minority hires from the various union halls.

shooter2
08-25-2014, 05:04 PM
Shooter2,
I"m not sure, but I think you're getting your news stories confused?
Rick

Yes, sorry about that. I was referring to Ferguson, MO.

montana_charlie
08-25-2014, 05:39 PM
As more details come out, it is looking more and more like Wilson was justified in shooting Brown.
So now, the crowds have dropped the 'shot in the back' rant in favor of 'why did he have to shoot him six times?'

They make it sound like only a racist would shoot so many times.

There is only one correct answer,

If Wilson was justified in pulling the trigger once, he was justified in continuing to pull it until he got the desired result.
If Brown had stopped at three, Wilson would not been justified in firing number four.

500MAG
08-25-2014, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=MaryB;2905407]Kid did have issues with the cops but at the time he did nothing to deserve being shot. With tasers having a 30 foot range why are they not being used more?

I am not an LEO, but I doubt that a cop on the street carries a Taser. Nor do we know the situation the cop was facing or what transpired. Last I heard the investigation was proceeding, but nothing has been published as far as I know. I did hear that the cop was taken to the hospital and had (at the very least) a broken eye socket so something happened. We do know the kid was a thug. JMHO
I don't get that. Every department should arm their LEO's with tasers. Nobody should have to go to work and deal with what these guys deal with when it can be taken care of with a taser. I have good friend who is an officer that said once they stated carrying them, workers comp. claims went way down because they weren't having to deal with resistance. As far as this case goes, a broken eye socket certainly is enough evidence for me. I'm surprised the officer didn't shoot before that happened.

500MAG
08-25-2014, 05:57 PM
As more details come out, it is looking more and more like Wilson was justified in shooting Brown.
So now, the crowds have dropped the 'shot in the back' rant in favor of 'why did he have to shoot him six times?'

They make it sound like only a racist would shoot so many times.

There is only one correct answer,

If Wilson was justified in pulling the trigger once, he was justified in continuing to pull it until he got the desired result.
If Brown had stopped at three, Wilson would not been justified in firing number four.
Agreed! He shot him six times because the gun jammed and wouldn't shoot the seventh. Anyway, that's why it's called deadly force. Never seen an LEO trained to wound unless they are SWAT.

leeggen
08-25-2014, 06:04 PM
The b ig "O" is is going to the funneral, so it will get straighten out then.He'll get to the bottom of this recial shooting! ( written in Purple)
CD

shooter93
08-25-2014, 06:31 PM
Years ago an Black professor devised a "test" to prove all whites were racist at least a little, this is before cell phones etc. so you can't use them......Your car breaks down on a dark street in an unknown neighborhood. Two men step out on the porches under a light. One is Black and one is White. They are the same distance from you. Which one would you walk to first? Pretty much no matter what you said he would say....no...you'd walk towards the White man. He seemed a little dumb founded when the answer was....I'd yell...either of you guys have a tool box handy?.....lol.

dtknowles
08-25-2014, 09:39 PM
When I graduated from collage I sent applications to some of the NASA and Airforce Labs, what I got back was a bunch of EEO forms wanting to know my race, etc. I threw them all in the trash and took a job with Martin Marietta working on the Space Shuttle. My NASA contacts were either old and white or young and black or Hispanic or female. They weren't hiring any young white males.

Tim

Mumblypeg
08-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Do you know how many calls a police officer goes to where there is a gun?..... All of them because the cop has one and if it gets taken away he is dead. It happen to a good friend of mine. When you are fighting for your life, all nice rules go out the window....