PDA

View Full Version : it just doesn't get any better.

starmac
08-24-2014, 02:20 AM
My neighbor got a full curl, 9 year old ram last week, and gave us a mess of steaks off of it. The wife battered and fried some of them, along with fresh squash out of the garden, mashed taters and cream gravy. Life just doesn't get any better, except for the bellyache. lol

SGTM9
08-24-2014, 07:09 AM
A meal like that would not have any leftovers. :p

CastingFool
08-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Nice neighbor!

Hickory
08-24-2014, 07:36 AM
My neighbor got a full curl, 9 year old ram last week, and gave us a mess of steaks off of it. The wife battered and fried some of them, along with fresh squash out of the garden, mashed taters and cream gravy. Life just doesn't get any better, except for the bellyache. lol

It can be better, you forgot the vanilla ice cream.:bigsmyl2:

Bad Water Bill
08-25-2014, 12:24 AM
It can be better, you forgot the vanilla ice cream.:bigsmyl2:

Don't forget the chocolate syrup and crushed walnuts on top and a BIG red cherry to top it all off.

ncbearman
08-25-2014, 01:20 AM
Those horns are awesome. A majestic animal. I hope he has it mounted. Thats quite a kill!

Pics? [smilie=s:

starmac
08-25-2014, 03:22 AM
I seriously doubt he has it mounted, but will keep the horns.

He is a good neighbor, he gives us moose, caribou meat and salmon too every year. He guides a lot, and some out of staters are not really into shipping the meat back.

Lance Boyle
08-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Yep, hardly a meal with out the cherry topped sunday!

I've never had sheep, well not the wild kind. Moose, bear, elk were all very good and I bet sheep would be too. That sounds like a good neighbor indeed.

ncbearman
08-25-2014, 01:26 PM
I seriously doubt he has it mounted, but will keep the horns.

He is a good neighbor, he gives us moose, caribou meat and salmon too every year. He guides a lot, and some out of staters are not really into shipping the meat back.

The skulls are cool too. I bet he could sell them.
I do turtle shells. I let nature "clean" the majority off them, then I bleach them white.

reloader28
08-26-2014, 10:41 PM
Sounds like a great meal.
I've never eaten bighorn sheep, though they are right in front of the water bottling plant where my wife works everyday.
We've been within a few yards of them while we're working and they look tasty.:mrgreen:

starmac
08-26-2014, 10:47 PM
He cut the horns off of the skull. I ask him why and he said he wasn't packing out any more weight than he had too. This makes sense when you are in the terrain where he was hunting.