PDA

View Full Version : Just some thing interesting

facetious
08-22-2014, 03:47 AM
Here is a link to some thing I saw in the paper and though was interesting. When I read about people like this I feel like i am dumber then a bag of hammers. Except for the explosion thing.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/1576936

leftiye
08-22-2014, 05:55 AM
Prolly a genius, though his life was marred and ended by moments of stupidity.

MrWolf
08-22-2014, 06:27 AM
Pretty incredible what he did and how he approached a disabling condition.

mozeppa
08-22-2014, 07:11 AM
Prolly a genius, though his life was marred and ended by moments of stupidity.

i'm not sure i follow you...

who was stupid?

him for being hit? he was walking at the side of the road where he should be.

was the driver stupid for hitting him?....by being sun blinded ?

it was an accident ....no stupid was involved here.

Wayne Smith
08-22-2014, 07:55 AM
"stupid" can be defined as refusing to do what you know is good or right. Not using safety equipment when doing explosive chemical experiments certainly quaifies in my opinion.

Echo
08-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Not stupid - arrogant. "Can't happen to me, because I'm too smart for it to happen to me".

Harter66
08-22-2014, 01:22 PM
Amazing ,
Here we have a link to a story about an avoidable death .
The driver will carry the baggage for life.
The victim was a gifted inventor .
He over came a disability to enjoy a sport that is difficult enough to master in its own right.

Out of 6 posts 3 of them immediately point out that he was an idiot for not having his safety gear on at the kitchen table while mixing up a batch of stuff that may or may not have been expected to be volatile. Obviously you missed the point of the link which was clearly to blame the service dog for letting the blind guy walk into on coming traffic. Oh by the way he did come up w/the means to use a color differentiating optic device to make a 3D audiable tone to let him "see" the target.

For Gods sake go back to bed, crawl out the other side ,get some fresh coffee,be glad you're on top of the grass and wash the mullygrubs off. Seriously is it hard to be so negative all the time or have you perfected it to a point that pissedoff just flows freely?

Uncle R.
08-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Amazing ,
Here we have a link to a story about an avoidable death .
The driver will carry the baggage for life.
The victim was a gifted inventor .
He over came a disability to enjoy a sport that is difficult enough to master in its own right.

Out of 6 posts 3 of them immediately point out that he was an idiot for not having his safety gear on at the kitchen table while mixing up a batch of stuff that may or may not have been expected to be volatile. Obviously you missed the point of the link which was clearly to blame the service dog for letting the blind guy walk into on coming traffic. Oh by the way he did come up w/the means to use a color differentiating optic device to make a 3D audiable tone to let him "see" the target.

For Gods sake go back to bed, crawl out the other side ,get some fresh coffee,be glad you're on top of the grass and wash the mullygrubs off. Seriously is it hard to be so negative all the time or have you perfected it to a point that pissedoff just flows freely?

:goodpost:
Too bad I don't get out to Nevada much any more.
I'd buy you a beer - or whatever your favorite cold drink might be.
Best wishes to you sir, and enjoy your weekend!
<
Uncle R.

Czech_too
08-22-2014, 04:55 PM
I have the agree with Harter66

Springfield
08-22-2014, 05:06 PM
I like to think that the "stupidity" poster meant that is a crying shame that someone so gifted lost his sight because of an accident that could probably have been easily prevented.

Bad Water Bill
08-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Just the younger generation sounding off.

They seem to forget how ALL of those warnings came about.

As GM1 Giese stated when I was in boot camp"all rules and regulations are written in BLOOD."

runfiverun
08-22-2014, 08:04 PM
they come about because the insurance company's wanted more net rate on their income.

facetious
08-23-2014, 04:48 AM
I never intended this to be any thing bad about the guy but when I saw the scope thing on his gun I had to Google his name to see the full unedited story. The explosion thing was just the " Fickled finger of fate". the dammed thing has poked me enough times,just never in the face like that.

It is funny how some of the smartest people are so dumb about some things and so smart about other things. I knew a guy years a go, years of collage that could not figure out how to use a check book. Good with numbers but put a $ sign in the front of it and it was like the brains slid right out his butt. one old guy i knew could do every thing and was one of the smartest guys i knew but after he died i found out from his kids that even though he was good at making money, managing it was another mater and took them some time to get every thing sorted out.

DCM
08-23-2014, 09:48 AM
Very sad to lose such a driven man while so many useless lazy... drag society down.
RIP