PDA

View Full Version : More Pboolits in KS IHMSA-report exerpt

fourarmed
09-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Not much to complain about weatherwise, though I did hear a few gripes that there wasn't quite enough wind, and that the light was a little too consistent. (Some of the boys prefer conditions that favor larger groups, since they never have the sights on the target when they yank the trigger anyway.)

The members of the Cast Boolit Alloyance were their usual irrepressible selves. Jeff H shot a 40 in UAS, and got 4x5 shootoff targets. This display of sagacity was only slightly marred by the fact that it was a 10-shot shootoff, and he didn't have any more ammo. The good news was, he had more ammo for his other guns, so was unfazed by this minor contretemps. He followed up with a fine 34 in field pistol using plain-base boolits. "Did you know they charge almost two cents for them little gas checks?" was his plaintive comment. Bob The Match Director shot a revolver 38 while recycling wheelweights. This put him in a tie with Chris D, which they settled with a 5-shot shootoff, as Bob also was a little short. Makes you wonder about their claims that they do this so they can shoot more. Bob won the shootoff, and earnestly proclaimed to everyone who couldn't avoid him the inferiority of "condom bullets." The rifle shooters were all slinging alloy this month, and Bob won with a 31, using his wife's .30-30. She had planned to shoot it, but Bob was concerned that the lack of wind might aggravate her vapors. Also, he had conveniently forgotten to bring her recoil pad. They didn't have enough ammo loaded for both of them to shoot it, anyway.

Buckshot
10-10-2005, 09:15 PM
..............HEck, I don't come into this forum often, but I should. Great report and very well done I might add.

.............Buckshot

fourarmed
10-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the kind words, Buckshot. Another is forthcoming soon. That one just appeared in the "IHMSA News" with "condom bullets" censored to "cast bullets" and "slinging alloy" changed to "singing alloy." Sort of like "singing lunch," one of the many Aussie terms for vomiting, I'm told. I guess I'll have to pick another euphemism for jacketed bullets. Maybe I could get away with "rubber bullets."

7br
10-11-2005, 12:11 PM
I guess I'll have to pick another euphemism for jacketed bullets. Maybe I could get away with "rubber bullets."
I think someone on the board called them "Fully Gas-checked" or some similiar term.

floodgate
10-11-2005, 11:20 PM
"Hardshell Bullets"?

floodgate

fourarmed
10-26-2005, 03:24 PM
October report excerpt:
In my last report, alert readers may have been nonplussed by the out-of-context appearance of the term "cast bullets." This was the IHMSA censor's substitute for the euphemism I used for "jacketed bullets." In the future, I will be more careful in the terms I use to describe those "protective coverings."

This was the annual Rex Cup match between Kansas and Missouri. Rex points are awarded in every category and class in which there are shooters from both states. In addition to the point winners indicated in the listings below, Bud S. and John H. scored for Missouri in the Cowboy and Military rifle categories, which resulted in a tie for state honors.

The Rex Cup is awarded to the individual who garners the most Rex points. When there is no winner, the match director awards the cup to whomever he deems worthiest. There were many potential Rex laureates this year: Jeff H. (JSH on Cast Boolits), who shot a UAS 40 plus 10x10 200m. chickens using cast bullets; Rick O., who shot his first iron sighted 40, completely overshadowing his daughter's wedding; Jack W., for running out of ammo in the UAS shootoff, thus avoiding the Rex Cup; Margaret C., for beating her obnoxious husband (Fourarmed on Cast Boolits) in cowboy rifle; and Gary H., for plying the match director (Fourarmed on Cast Boolits) with strong drink. After judicious consideration, the cup went to junior shooter Audrey S., for tripling her previous best score, and for cuteness above and beyond the call of duty.

7br
10-27-2005, 11:52 AM
Dagnabit Forearmed, I need those junior scores for the youth report. If you can email me the shooter, class/classification firearm and score, I'll get it in the news.