PDA

View Full Version : BPOOPER caught on Mountian Man TV series

bobthenailer
08-20-2014, 08:16 AM
In sundays episode Eustas & his sidekick were tracking a hog, Eustas was carring a ruger #1 with only the rear flip up scope cover open ! he actually leaned up aganist a tree and shot the hog with the front flip up cover still closed covering up the front of the scope.

WILCO
08-20-2014, 08:46 AM
I thought this was about a BPOOPER being caught. Didn't even know what a BPOOPER is, but still wanted to read of it.

bobthenailer
08-20-2014, 09:09 AM
Ok BUSTED ! i ment blooper ! but i tried to edit it and would not let me change the heading . and i did not feel like rewriting the post.

NSB
08-20-2014, 09:16 AM
All of those "reality" shows are heavily scripted. They are pure fantasy written and filmed for a viewing audience. Nothing real about them.

Themoose
08-20-2014, 09:17 AM
My wife is hooked on Swamp People..... she loves to hear Troy talk... if you watch closely in some of the episodes they use as many as three different rifles to shoot the gator when they piece all the clips together... I guess they think people will focus on the fight, not the rifle... I find it more fun to look for these than most of the show.

Janoosh
08-20-2014, 09:53 AM
+1 themoose. I do the same. My friends hate to watch movies and TV shows with me because of it. My daughter does the same. She even beat me to catching one with This Old House. The crew was inside the house working and when they were outside they were dressed differently.

crowbuster
08-20-2014, 10:15 AM
I thought the same thing bob and pointed it out to the wife. She was kind enough to mention maybe he broke the front cap off as i had done on one of mine ? Never got a shot of the front, only the hinge on top from the back. But they showed a red hog and he shot a small spotted pig.

Reg
08-20-2014, 01:56 PM
Awwww ya just missed it is all. Useless actually has x ray vision and saw right through that cap !!!

Smoke4320
08-20-2014, 02:23 PM
He's so good he does not need to look thru the scope :)

bubba.50
08-20-2014, 02:26 PM
the writers on these "reality" shows know nothing about their subject matter, the narrator knows less & the edit monkeys are the dumbest of all. I love swamp people but, as mentioned above, I've seen as many as 4 guns used to make the same shot on a gator. I've also seen left-hand 10-22's, '94 Winchesters, mini-14's & who knows what else. and the ridiculousness doesn't stop there. they show dead gators with blood leakin' out of their heads but for some reason won't show the actual shot. so they shoot into the water to get a shot for the camera & water splashes up in their face. oh well, who ya gonna call? have a good'en neighbors, bubba.

mold maker
08-20-2014, 03:03 PM
None of the so called "Reality " shows are made for serious viewing by intelligent folks. They are made for entertainment only, and no one expects a documentary. Part of the fun is catching the bloopers.
There is a certain amount of education involved for folks who have never tried the subject adventures, but you have to sort through a lot of BS.
The gaters they kill are almost always twice as long and heavy as what we see. The gold and gems others hunt are worth outrageous prices, and water doesn't freeze in Alaska, till it's below 10*.

Hardcast416taylor
08-20-2014, 04:06 PM
That`s why they call televisions an "IDIOT BOX"!Robert

runfiverun
08-20-2014, 06:25 PM
I have see through flip up's [and just plain ol scope covers] on some of my scopes.
they come in handy when it's raining and the shot's are close.
a little blurry, but out 50-60 yds easy enough to center the cross-hairs on something as large as a piglet.

I for one would hate to be out there trying to film a half hour show with about 5 minutes of good footage a week.
we all know how it goes with hunting.
you spend day's waiting for that 15 seconds, then you do all that work to get it back to the truck. [nobody wants to see or hear that]
if they had that many gators running around, you'd see open season on them.

monadnock#5
08-20-2014, 07:33 PM
Eustace ain't no dummy. He was on a Stossel report on overbearing government agencies trying to shut down his back to basics school of the 19th century. My guess is Eustace wanted to know who was paying attention.

GOPHER SLAYER
08-20-2014, 09:58 PM
American Pickers is my pet peeve. A friend of my for many years restored old motorcycles, particularly Harleys and he had lots of older bikes and parts . Someone gave his name to that show and they contacted him and told him they would pay him just to come and film the visit. Of course he told them H--- No.

gkainz
08-20-2014, 10:30 PM
The mountain man scenes are a recreation of actual events that the characters described to the production and film crew. It's not possible for a camera crew to follow the characters around long enough to film all the scenes in real time. So, the clip with Eustace and the scope cover down most likely git sequenced in during edit.

RugerFan
08-21-2014, 02:54 AM
Are you sure it wasn't a Blizzard see-through cap? I have a couple myself.

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l449/wolf913/Blizzard_zps75f8e7d2.jpg (http://s331.photobucket.com/user/wolf913/media/Blizzard_zps75f8e7d2.jpg.html)

shooterbob
08-21-2014, 03:29 AM
If you ever watch wicked tuna...there are so many mistakes and bloopers it unreal. The seas change from one sentence to the next...suns up and then next talk suns down. I've seen them fighting a tuna on one color reel and 10 seconds later it's a diff reel. Writers must think were retards or something.

bobthenailer
08-21-2014, 07:08 AM
? its allways possible FME most people who have the see through scope covers have them for both ends of the scope

dtknowles
08-21-2014, 09:11 AM
I have see through flip up's [and just plain ol scope covers] on some of my scopes.
they come in handy when it's raining and the shot's are close.
a little blurry, but out 50-60 yds easy enough to center the cross-hairs on something as large as a piglet.

I for one would hate to be out there trying to film a half hour show with about 5 minutes of good footage a week.
we all know how it goes with hunting.
you spend day's waiting for that 15 seconds, then you do all that work to get it back to the truck. [nobody wants to see or hear that]
if they had that many gators running around, you'd see open season on them.

We do have a season for gators but its for a limited number of hunters but they can take more than one. Gators here are almost like deer in PA, I could show you some almost any day of the year, it does not take a big expedition just a short canoe ride. Take the local swamp tour on a powerboat and they will show you some really big ones (I think they feed them to keep them in spots they can get too with the boat}. I don't really want to get close to the big ones in a canoe. I don't remember the deal when I lived in Fla. but I was too close to some gators more times than I want to count. I see road kill gators all the time.

Tim

LUBEDUDE
08-21-2014, 10:24 AM
The mountain man scenes are a recreation of actual events that the characters described to the production and film crew. It's not possible for a camera crew to follow the characters around long enough to film all the scenes in real time. So, the clip with Eustace and the scope cover down most likely git sequenced in during edit.

Exactly!

On some episodes in the past they mentioned on screen that some scenes are reenactments.

bubba.50
08-21-2014, 10:13 PM
I also hate totally inappropriate guns showing up on shows that should know better. case in point : all the post-war yankee carpet-baggin' reconstructin' U.S.Grant toadies totin' brass frame revolvers.

auto5man
08-21-2014, 10:17 PM
I thought this was about a BPOOPER being caught. Didn't even know what a BPOOPER is, but still wanted to read of it.

i thought it it meant somebody got caught on set taking a "bear **** in the woods" :)